Wismec Amor Tank coil heads problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deahran

Nov 6, 2016
Hi everyone. New vaper here. I'm going to jump right into the problem.

Bought a wismec amor tank and istick 100w 5 days ago. The first 0.5 ohm coil head lasted 4 days and had a drop in cloud production after that time. After that, opened my new 5 coil heads pack, preped the new coil nicely with ejuice, waited 10 minutes for my first puff and my journey of problems started.

While vaping with the coil that came with the atomizer, everything was great. That coil could take 40 w for 6-7 seconds easily. Never had a burnt, plastic-like or funky taste. After i put the new coil head from the pack, prepared and waited in the tank with the juice for 10 minutes, a 4-5 seconds hit gave a horrific metallic-plastic like taste. After that, i thought to myself lets clean the coil head and try it again. I cleaned the coil head and the atomizer parts with hot water and let them air dry. After trying the washed and the new 2nd coil head(0.5), even in 25w i got that funky taste for a 4 seconds hit. Wasted 4 coils(same preperation, using 75/25 vg-pg liquid) and even with pure nbase i still have the same metallic-plastic like taste with those new coil heads.

I have tried 2 different nbases, 3 different juices and i'm pretty sure that the problem is the new coil heads but i have no idea how to solve it. Don't want to go back to tobaccos again...

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    You have to break in new coils slowly. Not the sitting for 10 minutes but start on a lower wattage and working you way up to your normal watts. I vape higher VG and this is how I always break in new coils.

Prime it thru the center and the side holes - till it stops absorbing the liquid
    Lower the wattage on my mod
    Start with short draws and slowly ramp up the wattage

Hope this helps you out. :)

Welcome to the forum :party:

Deahran

Nov 6, 2016
    By the way, since i could not find an edit button on post or changing the name of the thread, i feel myself as obligated to tell what happened afterwards.

I boiled some water in a can, put my bad coils in there and repeated this process for 3 times. After that, let them air-dry for 2 days. Final result is fantastic! No funky or metallic taste. I recommend doing that to anyone facing this problem.

Solved!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread