Wire Mesh and Poly Carbonate Tubing, Possible coop for genisis build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio

Robert T

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2010
Lake City, Florida
Quick, make sure you tell them in the comments to send in 1 foot sections. Will save on shipping.

That's true if you order anything else at the same time. I also ordered O-rings. They sent me this big box with a 2 ft tube in it and a bubble wrap envelope with the O-rings. The O-rings and a bunch of other stuff would have fit in the box with the tubing but thats not what happened. Don't understand it but it's done. It was mentioned on here a couple of days to late for me and since I thought you were just after the tubing I didn't say anything about it since the shipping wouldn't have been anymore. But Riddle is right, the shipping was charged twice.

Robert

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
The good news.

1) I just received an email that the wire mesh that I ordered yesterday from The Mesh Company shipped already.

2) I ordered from McMaster-Carr yesterday and I should get my stuff today. UPS tracking indicates this along with my last purchase that arrived the day after I order it. McMaster-Carr has warehouses all over the US.

The Bad news.

I ended up getting charged twice for the shipping because they had to split the order between the package of O-Rings and the Polycarbonate Tubing, along with a $7.00 extra handling fee because UPS could not put the tubing on a conveyor. :censored:

Let me explain.

When I purchased polycarbonate tubing from McMaster-Carr for my MAP tanks I entered the part number four times. And they shipped me four, 1 foot pieces in a box.

If you add a 1 after the part number that makes it a 1 foot piece, This time I thought I would be smart and add the number for a 1 foot piece right on the order page in lieu of entering it four separate times. So the part number for the tubing for the ScubaGenV3 tubing is "8585K61" add a one to the end and you get 8585K611. When you do this it shows below the descriptor to enter the quantity, along with the descriptor indicating that it is for a one foot piece. I put in a 4 in the box that shows ft. for the quantity. I thought Ok! I just ordered four 1 foot pieces. Well, I will now get one four foot piece of tubing packaged in a long tube. It was about a $12.00 mistake.

The best thing to do is to enter the part number for each 1 foot piece that you want. This way they can package the tubing in a box with the O-Rings in lieu of a splitting the shipment up and sending the tubing separate in a long tube with the additional handling fee; it should cut the shipping cost doing it this way.

I'm not sure that if you ordered the tubing longer, like in a two foot length that it will ship it in a box. It may still be packaged in a separate tube. I could not get this verified by McMaster-Carr customer service. I did have the option to return the tubing for a full refund and place my order again. However I'm going to just keep it add forget about the additional shipping and handling that I ended up paying for.

I just wanted to share this, as I would not want you to have to pay more than what is necessary.

Edit to add;

It's a lot easier to work with a 1 foot piece tubing than a 4 foot piece.

The two pieces of tubing for the Scubgagenv3 adds up to 2.5 inches. so you should have no problem getting four sets of tubing from a 1 foot piece.

Customer service did state that I could have mentioned in the comment section of my order to have the piece of tubing cut in 1 foot sections.

[Rant]

This thread was started for a possible Co-Op for the additional parts needed for the Scubagen MOD!

The following link/thread was started to collect the information pertaining to the Scubagen MODs. Like a list for the needed parts, how to videos, Q&A, Links on where to purchase parts...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/194934-scubagen-mods.html

I feel that unless you’re trying to put a Co-Op together for this MOD, that all other discussions pertaining to the Scubagen MOD should be discussed in the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/194934-scubagen-mods.html thread.

It sucks having to look through two different threads to find the same information and answer the same questions twice.

Just sayin'

:2c:

[Rant end]

Last edited:

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
[Rant]

This thread was started for a possible Co-Op for the additional parts needed for the Scubagen MOD!

The following link/thread was started to collect the information pertaining to the Scubagen MODs.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/194934-scubagen-mods.html

I feel that unless you’re trying to put a Co-Op together for this MOD, that all other discussions pertaining to the Scubagen MOD should be discussed in the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/194934-scubagen-mods.html thread.

It sucks having to look through two different threads to find the same information and answer the same questions.

Just sayin'

:2c:

[Rant end]

Know what you mean, but since the co-op idea petered out it seems like this thread is toward where to find/order parts and the other more toward the technical how to... but, there is drift between the two. After reading the boards for a while I'm not sure how that could be prevented... rant acknowledged - at least now we have a good reason to drink! :toast:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Know what you mean, but since the co-op idea petered out it seems like this thread is toward where to find/order parts and the other more toward the technical how to... but, there is drift between the two. After reading the boards for a while I'm not sure how that could be prevented... rant acknowledged - at least now we have a good reason to drink! :toast:

I think it's a good split. Although not much use for the other thread right now. Primarily parts here. When assembly starts there's going to be a storm of how-to tech Q&A

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Well, I started the other thread as a parts, q&a, how to thread for ALL of dans mods.....this one and future ones. For the exact reason PZK is ranting....lol. This was and is for parts co-op, and I didn't want either one to get lost in the other. This is caillel's thread for co-op parts....and I wanted to try to keep it to a minimum on posting questions on building in here. Plus, if we keep all of the questions for the parts not involved in the parts co-op in the other thead, it will be one less thread Dan has to check out while he is keeping track of the parts. And that's my :2c: :2cool:

I think it's a good split. Although not much use for the other thread right now. Primarily parts here. When assembly starts there's going to be a storm of how-to tech Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread