The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have a Erlkönigin nano clone, and was wondering if anyone knows where to get some spare tubes. They are discontinued at fastech. IBT has glass but are 1.5mm bigger in dia. than the plastic tube I have. Thanks.

This is my old clone, isn't it? kayfun quartz glass fits it perfectly. Cheap from FT.

Reactions: aldenf

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yup, thanks roxy. :) Something else to add to my FT list.

Here's a pic of it using that glass. I don't think I ever used the plastic tank.

I hope no one is offended by the clone talk. I'm always going to choose helping another member :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Here's a pic of it using that glass. I don't think I ever used the plastic tank.

I hope no one is offended by the clone talk. I'm always going to choose helping another member :)

I don't suppose you have a link to the glass at FT. I looked, and there are so many pages of Kafun stuff, I'm not sure which to get. Thanks.
I hope no one is offended, If so, say so, I won't be offended. :)

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I don't suppose you have a link to the glass at FT. I looked, and there are so many pages of Kafun stuff, I'm not sure which to get. Thanks.
I hope no one is offended, If so, say so, I won't be offended. :)

Oh, boy, its not available anymore :(

$1.34 Kayfun Quartz Glass Tank - also works w/ Orchid V4 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

What the heck did I do with the glass? I had 3. I didn't send it to the person who passed the stuff to you? I will check to see if its here for you. I don't have any Kayfuns anymore. I had bought it specifically for that Erlk clone.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Oh, boy, its not available anymore :(

$1.34 Kayfun Quartz Glass Tank - also works w/ Orchid V4 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

What the heck did I do with the glass? I had 3. I didn't send it to the person who passed the stuff to you? I will check to see if its here for you. I don't have any Kayfuns anymore. I had bought it specifically for that Erlk clone.
No problem roxy, I have a couple of glasses coming from IBT, and plenty of the regular length if needed.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been rocking a Bellus for a while and before that a Nautilus Mini cause I was "done" with RTAs, just wanted a faff free experience.

Well, today I broke down and bought a genuine Erl Nano again (owned one previously and a regular one), the nostalgia was too much, feels like getting back in touch with your first love (one you never forget) :D haha

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Careful of the IBT Glass for the EK (standard or Nano). Unless you get larger gauge (slightly thicker) Orings, their I.D. is a tad too large and the Glass will spin even if the End Cap is cranked down to almost shattering torque (both on Authentic and the dreaded "C-word" ones ;))
Unless they have corrected their Spec/QC.

Reactions: qorax

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Careful of the IBT Glass for the EK (standard or Nano). Unless you get larger gauge (slightly thicker) Orings, their I.D. is a tad too large and the Glass will spin even if the End Cap is cranked down to almost shattering torque (both on Authentic and the dreaded "C-word" ones ;))

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I have 14 glass tubes from IBT for my 6 Erlkonigins. All fit / sit perfectly on each. Btw, IBT throws in quite a few O-rings in each tank pack ~ they could be swapped out with the OEMs if need be.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Thanks Q. I must have an anomalous Authentic then or IBT Tank (I ordered the "Toxic"-green w/red splattering-standard and nano). They provide a functioning "seal" and do not hamper the Vacuum for liquid feed. They just "spin" when mating or removing from an APV. Especially an Issue on my XVO Stick. I do not experience any of that with the OEM Tanks fitted to the EK.
IBT is indeed kind enough to include O-rings however the ones I received with both my IBTs are the same Spec as OEM so do not rectify the spin.
Not casting an overall shadow on IBT as a whole or knocking their Tanks or anything, merely stating fact that they are Not true to OEM Spec on their I.D. At least not on the 2 I received from them. Possibly just me or mine but, that doesn't follow logically.
I have not Mic'd them but will do so next time a disassemble for cleaning (to get exact OEM Spec as a comparative).

Thanks again for your response and Info. Props to ya and I do thank you much for spurring me to acquire the EKs to begin with. They are truly Awesome no doubt.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Erlthron

Wrt this mod, is it ok to stick it into an ultrasonic cleaner or does it have parts especially in the switch area which may have to have oil which the ultrasonic cleaner might take off?
Why would you want a mod to be put into an U/S cleaner? It usually is the atties which need one, isn't it? In any case I'd avoid putting the switch into it - 'coz that's a precision eqpt.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
k-mini Erlthrone.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread