Will every controversial ECF discussion be closed? Will you be closing this post too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
Moderators, While I appreciate your commitment to excellence in moderating this forum, I find it unimaginable that you would close posts where important issues are discussed and/or argued? A key component of our humanity is our ability to communicate and argue our points at a higher level, and... communication is necessary to the process of conflict resolution.

While I don't always agree with the opinions of other ECF members/vendors (or there approach), I do have a healthy respect for their right to voice their opinions and/or facts. When you close discusions that aren't in violation of ECF rules, you are circumventing the natural progression of conflict resolution. You might even be hurting the very people that you are trying to protect, because important rebuttals can't be posted...

When you close controversial posts, can you please do a better job at quantifying exactly why you are closing them? If not, you run the risk of having your own motives questioned.

sarqb

Nov 24, 2011
A, A
i Agree freedom of speech! or ummm.... text

no but it sounds like ecf is worried about legislation if some of those forums got in the hands of our legislators they would defiantly use it against us(they have stocks in cigarettes). but i believe that this is temporary electronic cigarettes still aren't quite "mainstream" enough
but when they are and all laws are set in place im sure ecf will allow them
ecf knows what they are doing, its for the best

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
NO. But this one will be.

You're painting with a broad brush and quite frankly it is a silly complaint. Threads get closed for a variety of reasons many get closed because nothing further can be gained from leaving them open. When a thread is active and productive it is generally left alone. When the trolling and flaming overpowers the useful posts it is time to put an end to them.

when the signal to noise ratio of a thread is way less than 1:1 in a non chat thread it is usually time to put it out of its misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread