Wicking of a dripper vs a tank

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I've been building my own coils for years now, I like to think I'm reasonably experienced and I'm always happy with the results. However I just recently got myself my first dripper (actually my second one, I had one a few years ago that I didn't like and only used a couple of times before reselling it), and I like this new one. I've only needed to install a coil and wick once so far (I have a number of atomizers in use at once, that way I can go for weeks before needing to rebuild), and now I'm asking myself whether I've done it right, and if I should do it differently next time. Since with the tanks it is very important to have just the right length of tail in the wells (to avoid leaking or dry hits), I did the same in my dripper, but now I'm wondering if it would be better to put as much cotton in these wells as I can, obviously still keeping it kind of loose? I mean there's no risk of leaking, and dry hits are just a question of refilling before it's too late, so wouldn't it be better to fill the wells fully with cotton, rather than having liquid sloshing around, even if it's just a little?

Users who are viewing this thread