question about s.s. wicks in an odysseus,dripper, style atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Hey all,
I'm experinced with genises style attys, but I was looking at the dripper spiral, and the dripper. My questions is can you make a silica or cotton/stainless steel hybrid wick for these attys. can you wrap that portion of the wick where the coil is wrapped at with stainless steel around the cotton, or does the design not lend itself to using any stainless steel.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
If you search the GG forum there are "many how to's" on stainless steel wicks on Ody. Some make a small mesh wick and slide it over the silica to fit on top of the ceramic, some only use the mesh and let the wires run down the channels. Many use those methods and it works great.

THANKS.I'll look into it.

grindle

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Cork
I haven't got a video (I'd be surprised if bishopheals didn't have one made though), but it's as simple as making a really tight wick for a Genesis, then cutting it into 7-8mm sections.
Once that's in place with the ends poking out the side, rub cotton on the ends so it catches and leave more cotton leading up to it. Easier than you'd think.
If you think it needs to be thicker in the actual cup roll a 4-5mm section onto the middle of the wick, for the coil to have enough juice fed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread