Why is my Ovale / Janty EGO - T tasting like burned paper - Janty ppl please respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Do you guys think my Ego - tank system is genuine or not? Am having probs with it .

I don't know what has happned, it was fine for a day and then started feeling harsher on my throat and chest. As of today it basically now leaves me feeling like I have inhaled smoke from burned paper and it makes me cough... Leaves a taste in my mouth also. The vapor even feels kind of hot and actually drifts upwards in the air when exhaled like smoke

Same with the spare TAWA unit that came with it...

On the box it says it's 'The EGO Tank System'

Technically suported by OVALE industry, co ltd
Manufactured by JOYETECH co ltd
Distributed by JANTYKOREA co ltd
Made in CHINA....

It is definitely the T sytem with the empty, clear plastic carts with no filler, which go into the cone and are pierced by a spike. The same type as seen on that Italian preview on youtube and the youtube vid of the Totally Wicked Tornado Tank System Preview

**I did take out the cart once and vape the liquid left on the atomizer as the spike and surrounding area were quite wet still.

I understand this could have burned it out a little or created a burned taste as it's still making lots of vapor with cart in (but i did have like 3 - 5 puffs without cart in once or maybe twice between carts)

Or it could be the 16mg Oriental I'm using... Was even harsh in the store with their tester unit they passed round to try different liquids (was a janty stick i think)... But other flavours were not harsh and didn't make me cough

With the non TAWA unit I also followed Mik's adive on cleaning EGO atty's in this forum, washing with hot water, then blowing whilst pressing the button until cut-off 4 times (I did it 3 times.) I mistook that the Tank sytem atty was the same as regular ego atty... But the TAWA one has the same problem and I didn't do that to it, so weird.

Guess have to wait until can get back to retailer and ask for replacement under warranty... I have 6 month warranty and will just deny I vaped it without the cart, if you guys think that is what caused the problem...

Not sure if it was my vaping for a few puffs after took cart out or that it might be a fake and the atty has got the burned taste as it is low quality.

When I was at the retailer unit (Korea like China is famous for not caring about intellectual property or copyright) I was looking at the Janty Europe site to try and get some info / reviews in English before buying and the guy was quite frantic about that and sayng 'No, no, not, not...' (he was Korean) and wanting me to close down the webpage on the in-store pc...

Man, not sure what to do.

Can't keep using it as it is. Damn wont be able to get back to the reatailer until early Jan too...
Back to the analogues for a few weeks I guess. Damn, was liking this too until this problem happened..

Serves me right for not learning enough Korean to read the manual I guess: if it is a legit product...

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Man I'm no longer sure if it is a burned taste or is just the Oriental liquid I'm using's flavour. Pretty sure it wasn't like this at first tho, but not 100% sure... Just feels do dry though even though their is lots of vapor, that slightly sweet and light or fragrant vapor taste is gone now...

Pretty sure it wasn't like this on day 1 though.

Just dry and kinda tasted like some kid of burning paper or something on my toungue.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
There are already quite a few sold in Germany (and probably the rest of Europe) and it seems a very common problem, affecting a really large percentage, judging from the forums. Most unfortunately, too, considering that if they work properly, they are absolute heaven.

If it worked properly before, fill the tank and place the T upward, standing on the battery end, and let it stand for a while. It shouldn't leak and wets the atty again. Those that taste like that from the beginning, though, are usually a lost cause.

I'm going to buy a lot more of those once the kinks are worked out (or the Teska comes out ;)) but until then, I'll wait with just the one that works perfectly and the one that works most of the time.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Mik from janty informs me that mine is NOT a Janty product even though it is by Jantykorea (if they exist as a legitimate affilliation at all, he hasn't said yet) and distributed by 'Jantykorea.'

I think I might get a refund if you're saying a lot of other forum members are saying the same thing.

i was thinking of getting replacements under warranty, but more than likely the same will occur again perhaps?

Might go for the refund and order a Jantystick or a reg ego as ppl seem to be doing okay with them so far.

Or wait until mid-jan until the Tesla comes out.

Though in this thread on page 16 a poster says a supplier is saying it will be another 6 months now until that happens...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...discussion/139915-new-ego-tank-system-16.html

If the Tesla is delayed that long - would a standard Janty EGo (ordered from Janty) with carts be a good choice for me?

cheers

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well I bought some menthol juice today 11mg nic at a e-cig store I found by accident in Gumi City, Korea.

Blew out the Janty Orialntal 16mg I was using and filled a brand new tank cart with the menthol and well all I can say is the burned taste has gone away and the mentol is v nice. Plenty of vape, not hot, no nasty smell or taste so far.

I didn't think I had burned out two brand new attys as the tank carts literally flood the hell out of the atty and even after a few puffs without the tank, when you do a blow thru to clear out the atty with air after that, a good 2 - 4 massive drops still were coming out, so it definitely wasn't dry burning out...

Also when I was in the store today sampling juices, I found their (brand was lily) e-cigs tasted like burned, gacky cr@p when they gave me a high nic strength 'tobacco / trad cigarette' flavour... Now their units could be burned out due to lots of inexperienced customers sampling, but I doubt it coz they would want to use good units so the customer got the most pleasent taste.

so it looks so far - and fingers tightly crossed - that it was just the Juice I was using (JantyKorea Oriental 16mg...)

Will report back after tonight as I plan a whole cart huge vape sesh just to make sure the burned taste and gagging sesnation doesn't return.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well my atomizers are both fine.

Turns out it WAS the Oriental liquid after all.

I was pretty sure I hadn't burned out two new Ego-t atomizers in 3 days!

Bought some 11mg Menthol from a store here I found completely by accident on the High St (a whopping 15usd for 10ml lol.)

Blew through the atomizers, filled up a new tank cart with Menthol and it was great.

The burned taste was gone, wasn't harsh at all, nice and cool and tbh I swear if someone asked you to close your eyes and you didn't know they had a pv and said they were going to give you a drag on a menthol cig in a plastic holder, you would swear that's what it was, but maybe cooler like a Dunhill Ice.

Also experimented mixing the Oriental with the menthol and found a 1:1 ratio to be not too bad.

Yeah the oriental is pure GACK.

Last resort (as I don't want to waste it as it cost $37 for a 20ml bottle) I have took the cap off to let it steep and see if it improves. But I highly doubt it.

Anyway, the Ego-t is back to normal and working a treat!

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
This is a late follow up (my apologies) but my ego-t is fine now and no burnt taste.

I took them to the Jantykorea store and we found I was using them wrong. I would take about 10 fast hard draws, non stop, inhaling, then exhaling whilst inhaling the next draw...

With a more moderate draw (slower but deeper) and rest after every 6 draws, the burnt taste never came back.

I must also say that I have washed both the non tawa and the tawa with hot water and then dried twice and have also boiled the tawa and flushed with boiling water then dried once and it is still going strong. Even then they still replaced the original non tawa atty under warranty (you cannot go wrong with a 6 month warranty!)

Like I said the TAWA is a month old has been washed with hot h2o twice and boiled once and still works a treat.

These attys are made to last there is no doubting that and the whole product is of very good build and quality.

(loving the XL cartos too.)

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Is any one else thinking that this EGO-T could stand for EGO-"Tesla" instead of EGO-Tank, It seems like the cart is something like what the Tesla should be? Hhhmmm....

Well Tesla was a pioneer in the field of electromegnatism, alternate current etc... So i'm imagining this could be an actual complete overhaul of how attys are designed....

In my wilder musings I imagine a pv without an atty at all and a 'tazer' like bolt of current that vaporizes the juice... could it be, could it be....?

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
This is a late follow up (my apologies) but my ego-t is fine now and no burnt taste.

I took them to the Jantykorea store and we found I was using them wrong. I would take about 10 fast hard draws, non stop, inhaling, then exhaling whilst inhaling the next draw...

With a more moderate draw (slower but deeper) and rest after every 6 draws, the burnt taste never came back.

I must also say that I have washed both the non tawa and the tawa with hot water and then dried twice and have also boiled the tawa and flushed with boiling water then dried once and it is still going strong. Even then they still replaced the original non tawa atty under warranty (you cannot go wrong with a 6 month warranty!)

Like I said the TAWA is a month old has been washed with hot h2o twice and boiled once and still works a treat.

These attys are made to last there is no doubting that and the whole product is of very good build and quality.

(loving the XL cartos too.)

So when you went to Jantykorea store to resolve your eGo problems,Did you ask them Why are they selling Janty eGo products illegally?

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
Mik from janty informs me that mine is NOT a Janty product even though it is by Jantykorea (if they exist as a legitimate affilliation at all, he hasn't said yet) and distributed by 'Jantykorea.'

I think I might get a refund if you're saying a lot of other forum members are saying the same thing.

i was thinking of getting replacements under warranty, but more than likely the same will occur again perhaps?

Might go for the refund and order a Jantystick or a reg ego as ppl seem to be doing okay with them so far.

Or wait until mid-jan until the Tesla comes out.

Though in this thread on page 16 a poster says a supplier is saying it will be another 6 months now until that happens...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...discussion/139915-new-ego-tank-system-16.html

If the Tesla is delayed that long - would a standard Janty EGo (ordered from Janty) with carts be a good choice for me?

cheers

Has Mik figured out if the store is legit or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread