Why don't auto batts get more respect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrae

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Bay Area California
Only time I use manuals is for refilling. Yes you will occasionally get an unsatisfactory auto but I have pain enough in my hands from typing without adding pushing a very tiny button hundreds of times a day.

If you refill your carts and then use a manual to burn off any overage then you won't kill your autos. I haven't drown a bat since my second month of vaping. Just takes practice and patience.

Steamin' E.

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Mexico
Often I will put my cartos on a manual PT for a vape or two just to make sure they are good to go before I introduce them to my diamonds.

That's exactly what I do everytime I refill. I load the carto to about 103% capacity, then vape it down on my PT to about 97% full. Then I throw the condoms on and put it away for later.
Also, whenever I put a fresh carto on any battery, be it manual or auto, I keep the PV horizontal (or slightly inclined towards the mouthpiece end) until I've taken a handful of vapes, just to be extra sure.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
I bought a diamond battery and a stealth. Only tried them for a short time. I definately prefer
the XL manual batteries. I still have several regular manual batteries, so yesterday I decided to
use some of them again, and they are not nearly as good as the XL. I like large inhales and
throat-hits. I haven't been satisfied with any of my autos.

DataPhreak

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2009
A, A
I don't use autos because the diaphram tends to wear out before the battery does. It's made of thin plastic or metal that flexes when you take a drag. Over time it starts to wear out and it gets stuck in the on position. Of course you can make do for a while by simply blowing back into the cig to unflex the diaphram and locking it back to the off positon, but it gets annoying after a while.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I bought a diamond battery and a stealth. Only tried them for a short time. I definately prefer
the XL manual batteries. I still have several regular manual batteries, so yesterday I decided to
use some of them again, and they are not nearly as good as the XL. I like large inhales and
throat-hits. I haven't been satisfied with any of my autos.

Yep me too Sally. Can't wait for the diamond XL's to come in!

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I was a manual girl - I just preferred the draw and it is more satisfying to me. Until the diamond series came along. To me, the draw is almost perfect on the Diamond xls. I am very careful when I refill (off the battery of course) and make sure that I can look through the hole and not see it clogged with juice before I put it back on the battery. If I see juice, I blow it out a bit into a tissue and wipe the carto end down before using. I have about 10 xl diamonds batts and they are pretty much all I use now.

logrus

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
Seems like a lot of pepole worry about over-filling and juice messing up the batt. I've gotten a little leakage, but because I read that was an issue before I started dripping I got paranoid and checked regularly. Now I'm very used to how much dripping to stay wet and not overfill (for me about 5-7 drops after 45 minutes of regular use (not constant vaping like some folks but a puff here and there) and I usually take my carto off when I drip and wait a few minuted before re-attaching it. I've had a little juice go in but not much at my batts are going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread