Which juice comes closest to tasting and smelling like a real cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Hi. I thought I wanted a vape that tasted like a "real cigarette". I think many of us do. But I found two things. One, real cigarettes taste like cr*p. I loved the hit from them, and the nic. I thought I liked the flavor. But everyone is different.

Two, my current flavor is Malibu from Halo. It's a pina colada like juice, coconut, a bit of pineapple, and it has a top of menthol. I didn't like pina coladas nor menthol.

BUT, as a vape, it is amazing, smells great to others, and is mostly responsable for me going towards 100 days!!!

You say you smoke Marl Lights, but how many a day? Other senior members will chime in, but I'll suggest if you were a pack a day, either 18mg or 24 mg of nic to start. Being very wary of overdoing it, and moving down to 12mg, or less. Everyone gets a different level of nic from smoking, and this is true of vaping as well.

What I was looking for was something to take the place of the cig. If it tasted the same, fine, or different, whatever. I like the throat hit, and I needed enough nicotine to cure my nic fit.

There are a lot of Marl Light type flavors. All I can reccomend is stuff I tried. Halo's Torque56 is very good. Prime15 is a bit milder. Try them both, only about 5.99 for the 7ml small bottle. And wow, they still have the 10% coupon, "HALOGIFTS" going on (as of 12/26)

You might be surprised at what flavor finally does it for you, friend. Please keep looking!!!!

And all the best to you!!

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
First, welcome the ECF. You have found the best place for vaping info. To answer your first question: There is no such thing. And that's a good thing. There are a lot of tobacco flavors, but nothing that tastes like a nasty old analog. Don't worry tho, I think most all of us started out thinking that's what we wanted. You will quickly realize that you like different flavors, I sure did.
As far as juice strength, it depends on how many smokes you had a day. I was a little over a pack a day and started out on 24 mg juice and then cut back to 18 after about 6 weeks but that's just me. It doesn't matter whether they were lights or regulars, they each have the same amount of addictive stuff in them. They just use a milder flavored tobacco in the so-called "light" smokes. In fact, they aren't even allowed to call them Lights anymore since most people thought they were going to a less-harmful cig by smoking them.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
None of them will smell like burning tobacco since nothing is burning. I'd recommend trying a few of the Hangsen tobacco liquids. RY1 is a light tobacco, RY6 is a heavier ashy tobacco. They have several others that might fit the bill and might be easier for you to order than something from the USA.

You don't say how much you smoked, so it's hard to say what nicotine strength you should order. I smoked about 1.5 packs of Marlboro lights a day and started with 18mg.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I understand your motivation for the cigarette flavor. Most of us do. It's what you're used to. As already noted, the flavor of smoldering tobacco smoke cannot be replicated with vapor. The sensation can be simulated.

I extract my own tobacco flavor. I wanted the same thing as you to begin with. I'm just not interested in boutique flavors. I settled with a cavendish tobacco. the vapor tastes and smells like a pipe/cigar shop. This was an acceptable alternative to me.

There are some vendors who use naturally extracted tobacco flavors. While you won't get the flavor of a lit cigarette, you can find a tobacco essence that you may enjoy.

I use my extract all day, everyday. I'd suggest ordering sample sizes until you find something you enjoy for extended periods.

Good luck and welcome to ECF! :toast:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I have my own theory on this subject. When I was a very heavy smoker, my sense of smell and my taste buds were totally trashed. I really wasn't tasting anything. So I found that unflavored juice (choose your own nic level) actually reminded me more of smoking than any flavors. So the best flavor to replicate smoking is no flavor at all.

Subosc

Nov 29, 2013
Portland, OR
I was a Marlboro Light guy, too. The closest I've tried so far is Evo's Crimson Leaf. A great "earthy" taste I think. Nice and dry like a real cigarette. Their Habanna's Robust is an also really good cigar like flavor. Nowadays, however, too much tobacco flavor gets old fast, and I have to switch to something more interesting after vaping them for a couple hours.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Agreed nothing is going to taste of anything burning. Actually if cigarettes are the only tobacco you ever tasted, you don't know what tobacco actually tastes like. That and most ejuice is going to have much stronger flavor than what you're used to smoking. To come closer to that cigarette taste, buy a good tobacco (I like Mountain Vapor USA Mix) and buy higher mgs than you will vape then dilute it with PG preferably or VG if you want less throat hit. That will simulate a smoke best. Dekang juices already have less flavoring in them and they make some good tobacco juices but, depending on the juice and the setup you use, some say they detect an undertaste they don't like. As you vape more and get used to stronger flavors you may eventually vape something like the USA Mix I use at the flavor strength it comes already mixed at.

Nightcall

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
USA
Your best bet is naturaly extracted tobaccos to get a more authentic tobacco vape. I don't know one that tastes like a cigarette yet. Wouldn't mind having that, but I don't require it. I just like the tobacco taste in general. Popular vendors for NETs are:

- Ahlusion
- Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com (I have Big Spirit on order. I think some people say it tastes like a cigarette.)
- Heather's Heavenly Vapes (I've had Legend and Huntsman. Legend is very good but I get a bit more tobacco from Huntsman, maybe even mildly cigarette-like)
- Goodejuice (I've had Patriot. It's tobacco all right. Light but substantial, earthy? I didn't order it again because it wasn't my style of tobacco. Good though.)

- Mountain Oak Vapors (Apache. Robust, deep. Reminds me of a cigar but people say it's a pipe tobacco. Good, but not my style again.)

There are others.

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
when I started vaping, I thought the same thing about a tobacco juice ... I bought something called Marlboro24, another tobacco @18mg and a watermelon @16mg

The tobacco test lasted about 2 hours (never even tried the Marlboro24) ... then it was onto the watermelon, and that worked for me ... I now DIY on the juice ... mostly fruit flavours, with no desire for anything tobacco.

Cheers and Happy New Year :party:

rags527

Dec 26, 2013
India
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I seem to have given in complete info about my smoking, sorry, i smoke about half a pack a day. So what strength would you all recommend?

Ocelot: Thanks, I just went over the River Bottom Fog Sauce website. A few good options there, I shortlisted the 'Porch Rocker' flavour, as it seemed not to have any flavoring.

DaveOno: Thanks, You're absolutely correct about Torque 56. Seems to be interesting.

I'm a bit confused between the two now, as they both appear (as per the product description online) not to have sweet notes, which is what i was looking for.

As per all of your suggestions, I will keep exploring other flavours, but for now, i need to get off smoking and I feel the closest option would do it for now.

Would request for some advice on the strength also...

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I seem to have given in complete info about my smoking, sorry, i smoke about half a pack a day. So what strength would you all recommend?

Ocelot: Thanks, I just went over the River Bottom Fog Sauce website. A few good options there, I shortlisted the 'Porch Rocker' flavour, as it seemed not to have any flavoring.

DaveOno: Thanks, You're absolutely correct about Torque 56. Seems to be interesting.

I'm a bit confused between the two now, as they both appear (as per the product description online) not to have sweet notes, which is what i was looking for.

As per all of your suggestions, I will keep exploring other flavours, but for now, i need to get off smoking and I feel the closest option would do it for now.

Would request for some advice on the strength also...

I smoked a pack of Marlboro Lights per day, and found that 18 mg seemed to do the trick. If I were you, I'd go for some 6 mg or 12 mg juice. Maybe one of each, so you can mix something in between, or mostly vape the 6 and have an extra tank of the 12 on hand for big cigarette cravings.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
The closest to an analog, that I've tried, is Roughneck from Mister-e-liquid. Takes a week or two of steeping for it to really come together. For pipe tobacco, their Copperhead is damn good. At first I couldn't quite put my finger on its taste then one day it hit me. ...pipe tobacco. Let me clarify that, since I have never smoked a pipe, I would be more accurate saying Copperhead tastes like pipe tobacco smells. ...delicious.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Dirty Ashtray from EC Blends seems to be fairly close. I ordered some in 24mg, and it was the closest I've found. I used it for a day or so, then ended up giving it to a buddy who was looking for that taste, he seemed to like it.

One thing about the flavor, you'll probably find after a while that the taste of an actual cigarette may not be as appealing to you as it is right now. It's more of a Pavlovian response, associating the relief from the cravings with that taste. Once you've gotten the relief from the cravings several times from something that tastes good, you'll probably shun the taste of cigarettes.

Think about it, which tastes better - watermelon bubblegum or an ashtray?

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
There are plenty of juices that replicate the flavor of a cigarette, burning or not.

For something that tastes the way a freshly opened pack of smokes smells, try Virginia from Backwoods Brew. For something closer to the taste of a burning cigarette, try Adirondack, which is made with Tobacco Absolute.

In general, check out natural tobacco extracts. Lots of vendors have them, including GoodEJuice, Ahlusion, Heather's Heavenly Vpes, Mountain Oak Vapors (Gold label), Nicoticket (H1N1),Want2Vape,......the list goes on. There is a great thread on NETs - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/274904-natural-tobaccos.html

As for strength, I suggest going with 18mg to start. I used to smoke Winston Lights, and I tried to start at 12mg, but it wasn't enough. Once I switched up to 18mg, quitting the ciggies was pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread