When is a "limited edition" not limited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Here in the USA buying low and selling high is the cornerstone of the whole economy.

Valid point. Maybe I'm still a noob but I still feel the 'commutiny' aspect tc1 described. Not to say I won't change my views later but I am Canadian after all :) :)

Many people see this forum as a community site designed to educate, share, and help others. Many feel that the initial purpose of the classifieds was to allow people to easily buy, sell, and trade vape gear ... often used at a lower price.

jjallen57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Honolulu
Demand is.simply higher.than availability. Once more people start making 'high-end' stuff, thing will correct themselves. If makers are.not going to up their prices, then they could tell buyers who they found out or saw doing buy-for-profit that they wont sell to thwm in thw future. They would build their base of customers. But when i was doing stuff like this in another area, high-end is the way to go since less units to.deal w/ and.you will always have devotees.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I don't see how any pv is a collector item, I see people using more as statis item (im cool).
do you really think in 50 years they will be worth all kinds of money?.
If so I would not want you as a finance advisor, your retirement is doomed

Beanie Babies of the future. ;)

Every once in a while you see something a reasonably priced item in the classies and the seller is nonplussed because just a "little while ago" they had stalk and trip all over themselves to get something.....and now they are amazed that it is not selling like a hotcake.

I think the thing to remember is that "most" vapers out there are vaping on Egos and clearos and were able to accomplish getting off analogs.

Others like the thrilll of the chase.

Having started out in my youthful career in advertising, I know all the tricks. As a result, I really get a chuckle out of it all, the hard to get items, etc. It's formulaic to the point where if you have a healthy dose of cynicism in your nature, you realize you are throwing $$ to a whim....but if that's your whim, then I say go with it. Life is short, whatever brings you a jolt or a high or some happiness.......why not?

I guess I've had too many friends dying lately so my perspective is changing.

I'm way too "practical" to get caught up in all that, but then again, I never did it with any other consumer item either. Shoes, cars, electronics, etc. I am really not materialistic enough LOL "Stuff" has very very little meaning for me.

I've been to WAY too many auctions, too. You go to enough of those, and you see how little your "things" are valued by others, either after you're gone, or while you're still around. Every once in a while there's a bidding war for something........and I guess I'm not the marketer type, and find it somewhat........distasteful, just for me personally.

I can't be judgemental about any of it, because whatever "GENE" was given out that makes you really "want stuff"....I didn't get it. It's all pretty much interchangeable to me. :laugh: Maybe that is a deficit, like being color blind, I dunno.

All I know is that I don't cherish anything that isn't breathing. :)
:p

But, I say, GO FOR THE GUSTO! You live but once, make yourself happy with whatever makes you happy. there's nothhing good or bad about that, is there?

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I don't see how any pv is a collector item, I see people using more as statis item (im cool).
do you really think in 50 years they will be worth all kinds of money?.
If so I would not want you as a finance advisor, your retirement is doomed

People collect all kinds of things for reasons that don't have to do with long term money. Also, mostly because they think the item is cool and since we are on a pv website, people brag about what they have, it makes sense.

Buy what you want, sell what you are done with, have some fun with it in the short term.

I am pretty sure no one is banking on making lots of money by collecting pv's. You don't want to start collecting any item as your "retirement".

Last edited:

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Faceless should be making more standards IMO. I personally think almost all of them are quite gaudy to be honest but if you're into them hey that's cool. But I agree, calling something that is produced almost on a bi-weekly basis is total crap, at least as far as letting people sell them for $500-600 that is. It sucks for those of us that actually want to buy things that so many jerks out there are screwing other people over to make a profit.

I often wonder how many of these people are even vapers. I KNOW that some of them are probably just random shady people that found out about this "too good to be true" way to buy something for $250 and sell it for twice that a couple weeks later.

Come on, how many limited iHy's do we see in the classies where the person just got it in the mail an hour ago (and most don't even deny it and will actually point it out!) that they haven't even taken out of the box or packaging and already have it for sale at twice retail price it's just messed up. No, I'm not going to apologize either. I'm sure some people have legit reasons to sell these things as soon as they arrive, but you will notice they usually sell it for a reasonable price.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
hmmm, yes I do, I collect homes. I have some freinds that collect rare cars.

Generally speaking but I'm sure you knew that. I collect money for my retirement but I'm a little bit off.

If it will not give me a return on my money why collect it? its just stuff. I think more like racehorse.

I collect things I enjoy, if they worth are more as time goes on, it's a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread