Whats the most popular e cigarette model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
I vaped almost a year on 808 models, starting out with a V2 starter kit. Not a bad kit, as far as "cig-a-likes" go, but I found the Halo cartomizers were absolutely excellent. Easy to fill, and really consistent, they perform rather well. I fell off the wagon for a while, and just picked up vaping again recently.

I stopped at a local e-cig shop, since they opened recently and I was curious. Tried some of their flavors on an Ego setup, and was impressed. Eagerly awaiting my Halo Triton tank system, which should be here tomorrow. As I said before, I was very pleased with their cartos, and the Triton seems to be a good product; read a lot of good things about it. As a Ego-style setup with 808 threading, it'll limit my choices, but I think given Halo's reliability and consistency, it won't be a problem.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
I vaped almost a year on 808 models, starting out with a V2 starter kit. Not a bad kit, as far as "cig-a-likes" go, but I found the Halo cartomizers were absolutely excellent. Easy to fill, and really consistent, they perform rather well. I fell off the wagon for a while, and just picked up vaping again recently.

I stopped at a local e-cig shop, since they opened recently and I was curious. Tried some of their flavors on an Ego setup, and was impressed. Eagerly awaiting my Halo Triton tank system, which should be here tomorrow. As I said before, I was very pleased with their cartos, and the Triton seems to be a good product; read a lot of good things about it. As a Ego-style setup with 808 threading, it'll limit my choices, but I think given Halo's reliability and consistency, it won't be a problem.

Yup...V2 was one of my first e-cigs. It certainly did the job but, like you, I wasn't impressed with their cartomizers. V4L has good cartomizers. They're great if you intend to stick with cig-a-likes.

But yeah...I'd say the Ego is probably the most common e-cig out there but I've never tried one. I've moved on to mechanicals and VVs but I'm still tempted to buy a kit just to have around.

Abbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Sadly the most popular are Njoy or Nano.

The reason is more often than not an e cig is an impulse buy. You are at your local slurpie mart buying a pack of smokes and look up to see and ad for e cigs on sale and how the high price is equal to two of your packs. You buy it and end up with a meh experience. At that point you can either try to see if there is something better than meh or light up. I did the former, but only after smoking for another week.

Brick and mortar shops scare new people away often. When I walked into one and saw $75 for a starter kit I walked back out. I hit youtube and made some better choices. I also found a Fin starter kit at Sam's Club for $10. The Fin gave me a better idea of what vaping was about at a price that was $2 more expensive than slurpie mart's disposable.

This is what vaping needs! There are not enough of us to tell all of our friends and family. That impulse buy is where things have the biggest impact. I encourage vape shops to sell a few decent cheap kits and take a lead loss if needed....hell, or just break even. I sell that $10 kit to anyone who wants me to pick on up. I lose $.21 along with my time and gas. Even if 1 in 4 thinks to go to the next level that is better than no one.

I have moved on from the fins, but still buy kits. I have parts on the way to sell to those who want to move up. Those I do profit on some, because I am not crazy, but the price is always reasonable. My hope, in time, is that one day we will see posts here from them.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Sadly the most popular are Njoy or Nano.

The reason is more often than not an e cig is an impulse buy. You are at your local slurpie mart buying a pack of smokes and look up to see and ad for e cigs on sale and how the high price is equal to two of your packs. You buy it and end up with a meh experience. At that point you can either try to see if there is something better than meh or light up. I did the former, but only after smoking for another week.

Brick and mortar shops scare new people away often. When I walked into one and saw $75 for a starter kit I walked back out. I hit youtube and made some better choices. I also found a Fin starter kit at Sam's Club for $10. The Fin gave me a better idea of what vaping was about at a price that was $2 more expensive than slurpie mart's disposable.

This is what vaping needs! There are not enough of us to tell all of our friends and family. That impulse buy is where things have the biggest impact. I encourage vape shops to sell a few decent cheap kits and take a lead loss if needed....hell, or just break even. I sell that $10 kit to anyone who wants me to pick on up. I lose $.21 along with my time and gas. Even if 1 in 4 thinks to go to the next level that is better than no one.

I have moved on from the fins, but still buy kits. I have parts on the way to sell to those who want to move up. Those I do profit on some, because I am not crazy, but the price is always reasonable. My hope, in time, is that one day we will see posts here from them.

Yeah, a local guy does something similar. I got an Evod starter set from him at a reasonable price and he has a lot of tanks and batts for fixing your gear lower than any store. Love him for that!

I started with a local e-smoke stores' brand but it is basically a variable battery setting cleartomizer top fill tank. I ended up getting a second set so I would have four then went with the Evod bottom fill. The store models I find have a stronger vape at the lowest setting of 3.2 verses the 2.8 of the Evod which is gentle and doesn't give much throat hit. I like them both though. I think I like the bottom fill Evods better though as they seem easier to change things when they wear out unlike the wick cartomizers of the others.

Haven't gotten there yet as I'm so new to this!

cckk

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2013
Poland
I can’t present here any public opinion survey so I can’t voice the common opinion but I can reveal what’s the most popular at my home:

1. Smoktech The Natural MOD with Smoktech RSST atomizer (used everyday).

2. VAMO V2 SS with AGA-T2 (used for the testing purposes).

3. Volish Mild Pure (used for four hours the first day and recognized as a great mistake – I keep it now as a gift for my girlfriend).

To answer your question I started with Volish Mild Pure and used it for four hours. Then I switched to The Natural with RSST and I use it so far. As for VAMO V2 with AGA-T2 I bought them for the testing purposes only and I test them still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread