• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What's the downside of VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmerc

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What's the downside of 100% VG, or as I read somewhere 100% PG free? If it's too thick, a hot water bath will thin it out and it will stay thinned, so I don't understand why some only get it at 50% to 30%.

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Note: I've only tried a sample of pure VG I got from Juggies and I had no problems at all on a eGo-C, and tons of vaper.

Thanks

Zenataos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
British Columbia, Canada
From my understanding PG is a better flavor and TH carrier than VG, while VG excels in vapor production. PG is also dryer and VG is sweeter. From my DIY I've found that VG doesn't maintain it's viscosity after it cools back down, I may have done something wrong when i tried but I just dilute my DIY mixes with some distilled water.

I prefer a heavier VG percentage, in the 70/30 VG/PG to 80/20 VG/PG, if I could find flavorings in a VG base I would probably vape 100% VG.

That being said, I mix my DIY with heavy flavorings and prefer a small TH (12mg high VG). YMMV

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
I just got a bunch of juice from Alien Visions juice, the sell their juice in 10/90 PG/VG and 100% VG, almost all the flavors were really good, but virtually NO throat hit at all, and for me that is a deal breaker :( If i order again I will really have to bump up the nic

redmerc

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If understand TH, that choking hit to the throat like the vape is too strong. Remembering the first time I ever had a cigarette, that "hit" in the throat and soon to follow cough, I don't like that at all. With vaping is more of an irritation to the throat, or maybe I just don't get what TH is.

Just as long as the nic delivery is there, I rather do without the TH. To each their own. I'm planning to drop from 18 to 12 on my next order which should work out fine.

Thanks for the help.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
If I use 100% PG and vape very long in my automobile that heavy vapor will quickly coat the inside of my windshield, even when I drive with the driver window cracked a couple inches. Mine will have a pretty think coating in a week. I'm in Colorado, don't know if a different environment would have the same experience. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

KillFace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, On.
If understand TH, that choking hit to the throat like the vape is too strong. Remembering the first time I ever had a cigarette, that "hit" in the throat and soon to follow cough, I don't like that at all. With vaping is more of an irritation to the throat, or maybe I just don't get what TH is.

Just as long as the nic delivery is there, I rather do without the TH. To each their own. I'm planning to drop from 18 to 12 on my next order which should work out fine.

Thanks for the help.

Yea, TH really is that irritation. Some people like it.

Personally, I don't. I like my vape as smooth as possible. I love 100%VG. Just flavour, tons of vapour, and the Nic.

If that sounds like what you want, try Alien Visions. Boba's Bounty, Gorilla Juice, and Hype are my favorites. I'm vaping GJ Right now.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
What's the downside of 100% VG, or as I read somewhere 100% PG free? If it's too thick, a hot water bath will thin it out and it will stay thinned, so I don't understand why some only get it at 50% to 30%.

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Note: I've only tried a sample of pure VG I got from Juggies and I had no problems at all on a eGo-C, and tons of vaper.

Thanks

That hot water bath thing does not work well at all in my experiences. Also , I prefer to have a whomping throat hit, which pure VG does not provide, it's much too smooth. VG doesn't agree with cartomizers at 100%, even with the "hot water bath" trick. A mixture of both is best I find. I, like most, enjoy 70PG/30VG or anything in that realm.

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
I prefer very little throat hit. I think the biggest challenge facing vg gales is maintaining a good flavor while preserving heavy vapor. many companies miss this point entirely. They use the same recipe for pg or vg and dont accomodate for the vg flavor muting. I personally would love to find a site that truely accomodates for the different base. Most sites have an add extra flavor option but you never know if it is necessary. Sooooooo wish there was a "recommended" next to the juicers web menu options. I have found the best balance for me personally to be 50/50. IT still maintains good vapor and a substqncial amount of flavor.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I prefer very little throat hit. I think the biggest challenge facing vg gales is maintaining a good flavor while preserving heavy vapor. many companies miss this point entirely. They use the same recipe for pg or vg and dont accomodate for the vg flavor muting. I personally would love to find a site that truely accomodates for the different base. Most sites have an add extra flavor option but you never know if it is necessary. Sooooooo wish there was a "recommended" next to the juicers web menu options. I have found the best balance for me personally to be 50/50. IT still maintains good vapor and a substqncial amount of flavor.

Mom & Pop Vapor Shop!!! They mix each juice with the ratio that tastes best and adjust it if you need a different forumlation for an allergy or what not. They're my boyfriend and I's favourite juice vendor, and after trying dozens, we're happy :) Haven't had a flavour from them that I didn't like but our tops so far are Tobacco Haze, Yum, Caramel Apple, any of the RY's... hell, any of 'em at all!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It's the higher VG that leads to more coating in my car windows, not high PG.

Some people have sensitivity to higher VG, up to rashes, similar to those who are sensitive to PG. I notice a slight "heaviness" when vaping towards the 0PG (high VG) end of the scale, have gone back to higher PG since it just works better for me.

For PG-free flavorings, try Natures Flavors organic coffee flavorings, if they'll ship to Canada. For mints I switch to faeries finest. For a PG-free tobacco base I use perfumers apprentice tobacco blend alc. Since NF and the tob blend contain alcohol, it's been ages since I've added any water or PGA to thin a 0PG eliquid.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I think you see 100% PG free because that's more accurate unless it's zero nicotine and zero flavoring.

Since I seem to be having problems with PG and I've been vaping the crap out of VG without a problem I don't see the downside :)
I don't even understand the desire for throat hit either. I'm getting plenty of throat hit with PG free in an eGo-C, but then I never liked harsh cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread