• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The perfect pg/vg blend for Ego-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeinbc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
Chilliwack, BC, CA
I've been vaping and off analogs for a week. Trying to find the perfect blend of pg/vg. I've noticed that 50/50 is a good ratio for the Ego-T. It seems to be a good balance of TH, vapor, and no leaks. BUT the vg is a little too much for me. Too sweet for my taste and too thick for my lungs. 100% pg is great for taste, TH, and lacks the vg lung coating. BUT it causes severe tank leaking. (Yes i follow the tips: slow draws, premade pinhole, soft caps). At this point, the magic number must be somewhere in between. Any thoughts and experience?

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I didn't like tanks for the longest time because they clog eventually . You can't really use a dark liquid in them and the vap is a bit weak . That being said I did buy an ego- c and it seems to work ok accept that the changable wicks could be a bit cheaper but as with any tank you need to give it time between hits for it to wick even with the 80/20 mix that I use . 80/20 is a good mix for anything that has filler in it such as an ego mega dual coil cartomizer which is my fav . 70/30 for a tank it fine almost the same as 80/20 either way give it time to wick and cool down between hits . 50/50 to me isn't something I would use it is just too thick for what I am using . To me that mix is for those who like to drip .

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I just want to qualify my other post a bit . I started using an 80/20 mix when I was using an ego mega atomizer with cartridge because with a 70/30 mix I was getting dry hits when the cartridge was still half full . 80/20 worked good but I would not leave it standing on my desktop for a long period with a cartridge on it with a lot of juice it in it would eventually leak out . Even a 70/30 mix if left long enough would probably leak a bit . Cartomizers are much better as far as that goes they don't really leak like that . A tank on the other hand has a small wick and not only that but air must pass up through the wick into the cartridge to relive the suction that is created as the juice is used up . For air to rise through a thicker liquid would not be as easy as with a thinner liquid . Too thin and any ecig would probably leak . I have not had many or any issues using an 80/20 mix with a tank but then again I don't leave it standing up for a long time I usually leave any ecig laying on a paper tower over night except maybe a cartomizer . That is just to be on the safe side .

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Let me tell you a story about a man name Jed, oooops wrong story.

Prior to the common 70/30, juices were either PG or VG. Through trial and error from the DIY crowd, most juices are now 70/30 from vendors. Why re-invent the wheel? For 100% VG users, dilute 15-20% with distilled water, of course folks can experiment and see if a square wheel will run smoothly :)

sheik124

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2008
Tampa, FL

Prior to the common 70/30, juices were either PG or VG. Through trial and error from the DIY crowd, most juices are now 70/30 from vendors. Why re-invent the wheel? For 100% VG users, dilute 15-20% with distilled water, of course folks can experiment and see if a square wheel will run smoothly :)

I would start out with as little as 10% and work from there. I diluted 5 mL of AVE Gorilla Juice with 1 mL distilled water (~17%) and it had a much lower viscosity than a 100% PG liquid. Good thing I had a half empty 30 mL bottle to mix it into :vapor:

mikeinbc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
Chilliwack, BC, CA

Have to disagree with you. I think good vaping ratios are equipment dependent. The 70/30 ratio is a general mass produced ratio used by vendors to satisfy a majority of people. No custom content there. If we didn't reinvent the wheel, you'd be driving down the road in an actual Beverly Hillbillies jalopy.:laugh:

Song

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Montreal Canada
www.vaporus.com
Perhaps... but the eGo T was designed with 70/30 in mind, as well as a few others.

In case you haven't come across it yet, we are nothing more than a bunch of Guinea Pigs chatting here for the Chinese :)

lol... quite true, we get to test out all there stuff and pay for it while feeding them the problems they need to address to complete the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread