What settings should I charge my battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I have this battery: AW IMR 18350 3.7v 800mAh

My charger gives me an option of 0.25A, 0.5A and 1.0A settings as well as an option between 3.2v, 3.6v and 3.8v.

xtar charger instruction sheets are badly translated. My gut feeling is to go 0.5A and 3.6V but just wanted to check with you guys

3.6, I use one amp charging because batteries are cheap. Maybe Mooch can chime in?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I have this battery: AW IMR 18350 3.7v 800mAh

My charger gives me an option of 0.25A, 0.5A and 1.0A settings as well as an option between 3.2v, 3.6v and 3.8v.

Xtar charger instruction sheets are badly translated. My gut feeling is to go 0.5A and 3.6V but just wanted to check with you guys
I don't know about your particular battery. What I believe is true generally is discharging and recharging are both stressful to a battery. Doing either one at a lower rate is easier on the battery than at a higher rate. Sometimes you might be in a hurry but I believe the battery would prefer to be recharged slowly.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The 0.25A setting will take longer but heat the battery less, so it should last longer. A 3.7V rating on a battery is the nominal rating. That is the range it will be in the longest in each duty cycle. You can charge it to the 3.8V setting, and check the actual battery voltage with a voltmeter when it finishes, most chargers will finish at 4.1-4.2V, which will quickly drop to the 3.7V nominal in usage..

Reactions: feignfeign

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Was thinking of buying another,,went to xtar site to look at new models. The descriptions are more clear.
Finally figured out how to use a charged cell to juice
up my phone.
I live in hurricane country..
I use 3.6 volts too. Great little charger..

I like my Xtar. I've had my VP1 for several years. It's only a 2 bay. But I usually have about 8 batteries in my rotation, so I've never felt I needed more bays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread