What Mechanical Mod should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordy

May 17, 2013
UK
www.youtube.com
Depends on budget - but if you want something that packs a punch take a look at the Nemesis. I'm assured the Poldiac is good too... silver plated brass contacts so I'm assuming it's 'up there'. I'm actually getting my hands on one for review purposes tomorrow, which I'm excited about!

Exotic ones DO cost, but the only thing that really matters, if performance is the priority, is the quality of the contacts. That's button, positive, negative and 510 positive contacts.

If money's an issue the Drawtube Smart is highly versatile. The contacts are plated brass, so it's easy to squeeze more performance by lightly sanding the delrin threaded screw (battery positive and centre post - all same piece), and also the base of the button.

For your first mechanical, I'd probably start around that end of the market and see how you get on. A lot of people don't like the performance tail-off as the battery starts to fade... but if you want to build sub ohm/ohm coils then 0.3/0.4 volt drop off is noticeable, but still a lot punchier than the vape you can get off some VV devices.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
High End: Nemesis
Mid Priced: Legacy
Low Priced: Any of the crap that China is putting out.

Before you jump on me about my take on the cheap stuff, if you haven't actually used anything but those, buy a Nemesis and then talk to me about it. If you think driving a Kia is "just like" driving a Ferrari .......
Most of us were spending at least $30 a week on cigs, probably more like $50. Use an Ego battery for a month and buy yourself something that not only will perform great, but can actually be resold for what you paid, any time you want to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread