Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The deal with mechanical mods is they have no power limiting electronics in them. You will only experience this advantage if you build coils with less resistance than your regulated PV will handle. Most do fine down to about 1.2 to 1.4 ohms. Mech mods do not have any protection built in by definition, so you need to have a DMM, know how to use it to check coil resistance and battery voltage off the charger and during use so you will know when to charge them. You need to know how many amps your coil will draw and make sure your battery is capable of delivering that safely.

If this sounds good to you, The Yeti's advice on the Sigelei mechs is very good. My favorite is this K100 I've had for a few weeks now. The button is hard to press, but that means I can stand it on it's end without locking it and not have to worry about it turning on. I've found a comfortable way to use it with my middle finger on the button which works for me. YMMV though. The spring can be made softer also. I have not even cleaned the contacts yet, but I did use Noalox on all contact points on the mod including the threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread