What is the consensus here on extremely sub ohm builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
It is not a shops responsibity or job to educate adult consumers on basic electronic safety.
It's a shops job to make a profit.
That is all a business does.
Stop blaming these theoretical shops for user error.

Want the truth?
This is eight grade science. Flashlight mechanics.

We are shorting a battery with kanthal to suck nicotine vapor to get our fix.
Doing this with a metal tube is obviously dangerous to anyone with half a brain.

Mechanicals are advanced user items.
If you don't know the risks, you aren't an advanced user... No matter how "cool" you would look.
How it is that you survive in California without being lynched?
Good on you for staying grounded to reality.

This whole 'it must be someone else's fault ' and or we must find someone to place blame on' and or 'there is profit somewhere in shifting blame' tripe is gone completely off any scope of common reasonable thinking.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
How it is that you survive in California without being lynched?
Good on you for staying grounded to reality.

This whole 'it must be someone else's fault ' and or we must find someone to place blame on' and or 'there is profit somewhere in shifting blame' tripe is gone completely off any scope of common reasonable thinking.

Lol
I'm a 47 year old Irish redneck raised in Georgia, I just live in CA.
Granolas here are afraid of their own shadow.
They tend to give me a wide berth.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Lol
I'm a 47 year old Irish redneck raised in Georgia, I just live in CA.
Granolas here are afraid of their own shadow.
They tend to give me a wide berth.
Really I have nothing against people striving for safety, or trying to live long enough by eating seaweed, sucking down nuts and berries by the crate, all to die of nothing at or around the same age as the next.

It's the sludge that spawns from hedonistic lost souls, who were habitually mentally molested to the point they literally stopped the growth process at some way back point, and no longer have the ability to see past their own inadequacies and shortcomings.

Shops, as in people, as in businesses, in other words, fiscal entities in which strive to continue feeding their faces/ lifestyles by servicing others, have nothing more than what moral support the management possess along the lines of responsibility. If this were reality, threading the issue back to the core, follow me here, no one would be 'allowed' to do much more than breath, at a set level per minute.

Traffic lights are there for one reason, and one reason only. Dumb people. People that would otherwise have more trouble not deffocating themselves if they had not been adorned with nerve endings in the bum hole connected to a sphincter muscle which somehow, naturally slams shut when there's something honking for the right of way.

More people might pass away from tripping over some inanimate object they should have picked up earlier, prior to choosing to run around the corner to the crapper, after waiting to the last second to hit the porcelain goddess.

Fact remains, we are as a whole, very moronic imbeciles, operating at a level of ignorance that astounds theorists as to how we are still crawling on the planet Earth. Nothing will change this. No matter the color of the warning label. People still run that red light to this day.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Lol! Some of us have no choice but to run to the crapper because digestive disease has made that a necessity. And yes, tripped over a large dog toy during a race to the crapper and smacked my arm on the edge of a granite countertop. Luckily didn't break it, and didn't crap on myself. Ah, life can be filled with surprises.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Lol! Some of us have no choice but to run to the crapper because digestive disease has made that a necessity. And yes, tripped over a large dog toy during a race to the crapper and smacked my arm on the edge of a granite countertop. Luckily didn't break it, and didn't crap on myself. Ah, life can be filled with surprises.
I feel your pain! Bad guts ain't no joke ;)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I feel your pain! Bad guts ain't no joke ;)

Yes, and the dog does not pick up after herself. And the probability of a large bovine knuckle bone being in my path was probably slim, but I'm the person Murphy had in mind when he wrote his infamous laws.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Yes, and the dog does not pick up after herself. And the probability of a large bovine knuckle bone being in my path was probably slim, but I'm the person Murphy had in mind when he wrote his infamous laws.
Traveling the country has taught me that family has firms EVERYWHERE!

There's no escaping Murphys law.

Bad guts are no fun in a truck, either.

Tapatyped

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
How many here remember Puresmoker.com?
The Legacy & Prodigy lacked proper venting, like a lot of other mechanical mods, but they no longer exist because a guy stacked batteries bought at Radio Shack.

Electric Cigarette Explodes in Fla. Man's Face - ABC News

Mod lawsuit | E-Cigarette Forum

Personal opinion of course, but it takes a pretty dumb person/company to even think of making mechanical mods in the US. The liability is there, and it's real, even when buyers do stupid.

I was wondering what happened to puresmoker. They was very nice devices if rather fatally flawed.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I think the best way to figure out if someone coming into a vape shop and looking at mechs can handle it is, when they want the shop to build coils for them.

No offense to anyone but if you can't build coils then you don't need mechs, rbas or rdas. One should learn about what they want before going and be honest with themselves and others and say, "I'm not ready for that, show me something else".

On the other side of the coin is vape shops should not be building and installing the coils. They should steer someone another way or just lose the sale. If all shops would get together and do that, it could curb some of this.

Now I'm not talking about selling premade coils, just installing them. Only time I could see a difference is regular customer and wanting the shop to build something like a clapton, alien, and such. I hate building those things, lol.

Reactions: beckdg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread