What is actually considered a flavoring?

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
Screenshot_20230619-203117.png

So DIY vaping and the enormous list of flavors available has led me to further question the food industry. I've found that a lot of the flavors I've smelled/tried are exactly like things I've gotten from the grocery store. Like exact, cause they add these flavors to the processed food we buy. So that led me to yet another question, a substance such as WS-23. Just like the rest of the flavors from fruit to cupcakes, it had to have been around as a food additive before it was used in vaping. The first thing that comes to mind, is icebreakers. Mints, all those super cooling sensation evoking candies. Could it be? Ws-23?! So, that being said, WS-23 must be considered a "flavoring" in foods as it's not listed on the ingredients labels. Makes me wonder what other funky things fall under "flavorings" in everything we eat. I still think it's way safer vaping this stuff rather it being absorbed into our stomach linings. I could be wrong, but since the breathing process is seconds and the digestion process takes hours, I'd have to assume these flavorings must be handled and absorbed by different parts of the body very differently, and more heavily absorbed once trapped in our stomachs and intestines which pretty much absorb everything we put down in there, until later down the line at least.

Users who are viewing this thread