Not open for further replies.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
FlavourArt Flavor List

This list is NOT color-coded for safe use for vaping. Apparently, it's quite simple: if the flavoring has a water-soluble option, then it is safe to use for vaping.

AS FAR AS I CAN TELL. Use at your own risk.

I say this because of a key page on FlavourArt's site, their Nutrition Facts page:
Nutrition facts
Great for any application.

Ouf flavors are offered as water soluble and oil soluble.

Water soluble flavors are based on pharmaceutical grade propylene glycol and water. Average caloric count for water soluble flavors is 200 calories for 100 grams flavor. Oil soluble flavors are based on sunflower oil or triacetin. Average caloric count is 700 calories for 100 grams flavor.

Considering an average use of our flavors of 0.3%, the calories contribution in food by our flavors is between 0,5 to 2 calories for 100 grams serving. Let's say, calories contribution by our flavors is negligible.

Our flavors DOES NOT contain sugars, protein, genetic modified ingredients, animal ingredients of any kind, preservatives, sweeteners and colors. They are all gluten and peanut free. Great for diabetics, vegetarian and vegans.
According to this page, any water-soluble flavoring is made with PG and water. The bottom line lists everything the flavors do not contain. No sugars, artificial colors, etc, etc. That line is a very good thing.

So it seems to me that any water-soluble FlavourArt flavoring is safe to use for vaping. Alas, their web site is a pain to go through, so I could not easily find any flavor that was ONLY oil-soluble. So here's the entire list of all their flavors. Do not order any oil-soluble ones.

Here's the link to get shopping on their flavors. It's a pain to navigate to this page, so here it is directly:
Flavourart Express shop

Note that FlavourArt will charge a 20% VAT, even for US customers. Even though their flavors are listed at 4 Euros ($5.87), it's really 5 Euros ($7.34) due to the VAT.
They even add VAT to the shipping charge, which seems even crazier to me. Maybe a European can explain all this??

Just as an example, I added 10 flavors to my basket.
Purchase price: 40.00
Shipping: 12.00
VAT 20%: 10.40
Total: 62.40

In US dollars, that's:
Purchase price: $58.72
Shipping: $17.62
VAT 20%: $15.27
Total: $91.61

I'm not saying this is a bad thing. FlavourArt flavoring may be worth it. They certainly contain the right stuff, and do not contain ANY of the bad stuff. They are expensive though.

One last thing I'm confused about is the amount you get. They list everything in grams. How many milliliters in a gram, any one know? How big is a 10gm bottle of FlavourArt, anyone know?

FlavourArt Flavor List

Almond, bitter, flavor
Anchovy flavour
Anise flavor
Apple flavor
Apple pie flavor
Apricot flavor
Asparagus flavour
Bacon fried flavor
Banana flavor
Barley flavour
Barley malt flavor
Basil fresh top flavor
Beef roasted flavor
Beef, boiled flavour
Beer flavour
Bell pepper flavor
Bilberry flavor
Blackberry flavor
Blackcurrant flavour
Brandy flavor
Bread crust flavour
Butter flavor
Butterscotch flavour
Caramel flavor
Caramel sugar syrup
Cardamom flavor
Carrot flavour
Celery flavour
Cheese flavours
Cherry black flavor
Cherry flavor
Chestnut, sweet flavour
Chicken flavour
Chilly flavour
Chocolate flavor
Cinnamon flavor
Citrus mix flavor
Cocoa flavor
Coconut flavor
Coffe Espresso flavor
Cola flavor
Cookie flavor
Corn flavour
Crab grilled flavour
Cream flavour
Croissant flavor
Cucumber flavour
Egg yolk flavour
Fig fresh flavor
Forest fruit flavor
Garlic flavor fresh
Garlic flavour, fried
Gin flavor
Ginger flavor
Grape concord flavor
Grape white flavor
Grapefruit flavour
Guava flavor
Ham, cooked flavor
Ham, cured flavor
Hazelnut toasted flavor
Honey flavour
Irish cream flavor
Jasmine flavor
Kiwi flavour
Lavender flavor
Lemon flavor
Licorice flavor
Lime flavor
Lychee flavour
Mandarin flavor
Mango flavor
Mangosteen flavor
Maple syrup flavor
Melon cantaloupe flavor
Meringue flavor
Milk condensed flavour
Milk flavour
Mint, peppermint flavor
Mushroom Porcino flavor
Mustard flavor
Oak wood flavor
Olive flavour
Olive oil flavour
Onion flavor raw
Onion flavor roasted
Orange flavor
Orange flower flavor
Origanum (oregano) flavour
Papaya flavour
Parsley flavor
Passionfruit flavor
Peach flavour
Peach white flavor
Peanut flavour
Pear flavor
Pepper black flavour
Pepper pink flavor
Pesto flavour
Pine seeds flavour
Pineapple flavor
Pistacchio flavor
Pizza flavour
Pomegranate flavour
Potato flavour
Prawn grilled flavour
Raspberry flavor
Rose flavour
Rosemary flavor
Rum flavor
Saffron flavour
Sage flavor
Salmon smoked flavour
Shallot, fried flavor
Smoke flavour
Soffritto flavor
Soy sauce flavour
Strawberry flavour
Tea flavour
Tiramisu' flavour
Tomato flavour
Torrone flavor
Truffle black flavor
Truffle white flavor
Tutti frutti flavour
Vanilla flavor
Vanillin - Pure
Vienna cream flavor
Violet flower flavour
Walnut flavor
Watermelon flavour
Whisky Flavor
Wild nuts mix
Wine flavors
Ylan Ylang flavor

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
Now that you mention it, my memory of the metric system comes back. 1 gram is 1 cc of water, which is also known as a milliliter. So those must be 10ml bottles, or close to it.

A gram is a measurement of weight, not volume. A milliliter and a CC is the same thing and a measurement of volume, not weight. The density will affect the volume, but I'm not sure what the "general" conversion of 10 grams would be in cc. That would be a good question to ask them about.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Yes, I know all that, as I said.

The fact is that a milliliter of water at room temperature weighs a gram. Ever notice how a liter of water just happens to weigh a kilogram? Thus a 10-gram bottle of liquid that is close to the same density of water will have a volume of 10 milliliters, "or close to it."

They even add VAT to the shipping charge, which seems even crazier to me. Maybe a European can explain all this??

I am *NOT* a European, but I would bet it has a big part to do with their "Universal Health Care".

And *NO*, I am not trying to make this about politics. Just pointing out one reason for their tax.

Kit45

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Colorado
I have a few, and they are good. looks like about a 10ml glass bottle. have you noticed they are branching into the e-liquid business. Vape Heaven--on the Flavour Art home page. Looks interesting--can even create your own flavors/strengths.
haven't tried yet, but plan to soon.
I have used and like--concord grape, cherry, tiramisu, forest fruit (favorite), cherry black (flowery taste). good quality and they will disclose all ingredients (unlike Lorann)

skydvejam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
New Sweden, Maine
MMM I need to research there flavors some more, Truffle, oh I love that flavor, just have to find something to put it with though....
I thank you, and will be experimenting with these in the next few months.
Also you can get them at
E Liquid - Flavourart eLiquid Flavouring - Dark Vapure
Just thought that I would add the other link in there that I found, tobacco flavors for those that are interested, and they are into mixing flavors for you also.
http://www.flavourart.it/expresseng/contents/en-uk/d16.html

Last edited:

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
If you live in the US you wont be charged the VAT tax even though it shows up on the order. Even with the shipping, $30 in my case, it is very cheap and their flavors are dead on and not chemical tasting. For grams it means the same as ml's...ie...30grams=30ml.
Another thing to note is over there their idea of peanut flavor is RAW peanut...not roasted..so unless you like the taste of fresh dug peanuts...beware. An if you do like that PM me as I got 100ml's we could talk about.

Other than that I highly recommend them.

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
I am *NOT* a European, but I would bet it has a big part to do with their "Universal Health Care".

And *NO*, I am not trying to make this about politics. Just pointing out one reason for their tax.

It has nothing to do with Universal Heath Care...it's simply an alternative to sales tax that is popular outside of the united states.

By even bringing it up...you are trying to make it about politics.

When you speak about something...be it politics or any other subject...perhaps it would be best to have done some research. I'm not talking about listening to others opinions and adopting them as your own...but rather some fact based research...you know...like you would have done in school in preparation for a research paper.

Naivety will be the demise of our great country.

As for the flavoring...I'm waiting on some eLiquid made with their Orange flavoring...very excited to try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread