What did I do wrong!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
I checked an order from china, ordered to a PO box, goes as follows:

Timing SiteStatus 2009-05-19 19:56:00JIADING Posting  2009-05-20 10:14:001844 Despatch from Sorting Center  2009-05-20 19:37:10SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center  2009-05-20 19:55:29SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center  2009-05-22 08:58:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USJFKA Arrival at Sorting Center  2009-05-23 07:26:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Arrival at Delivery Office  2009-05-23 07:27:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Attempted delivery

My heart sank. Does anyone have any advice on how to intercept the shipment? Maybe PO boxes not allowed? Thanks in advance for any answers:(

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
It just means you have to sign for it and you were not there. They might attempt again, but it is likely you will have to go to your P.O. to sign for it. Did you get a notice in your mailbox?

Hmmm you got a point there :) I havnt been to my PO in awhile. Maybe I been a little too jumpy about this order and shouldve checked, Im just glad it made it here lol. Ill be patiently waiting till tuesday and it will be fine. Thanks Elendil for bringing me back to common sense :)

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
How in the world did it get sent to a P.O. Box, generally people won't send things to P.O. Boxes. Either way, if it is in the U.S. Mail, there is no intercepting it until it reaches its destination.

Im almost never home, still I probably should and will from now on have it delivered to home. That way there will be no worries about it getting bad-addressed or something, which is my worry here. I wont know for sure until I get to the post office, if its in USPS's hands it hopefully will be there. I work for a courier lol, I should know better. Ill keep posted if its there or not.

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
I have all my orders sent to my office. Even if I am not there, someone will always be there to sign for it, so never a missed delivery.........

Im worried now. I hope it didnt wind up with a courier that doesnt ship to PO boxes. My only hope then would be if the package has my phone number on it.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Im worried now. I hope it didnt wind up with a courier that doesnt ship to PO boxes. My only hope then would be if the package has my phone number on it.

I think you are fine to a P.O. Box. It probably woulnt not have been shipped in the first place if a P.O. Box was not OK. I've never seen any of the bigger Chinese suppliers have an issue with a P.O. Box.

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
I think you are fine to a P.O. Box. It probably woulnt not have been shipped in the first place if a P.O. Box was not OK. I've never seen any of the bigger Chinese suppliers have an issue with a P.O. Box.

Thats a relief to hear thanks. Im going to relax now, knowing that its probably at the PO waiting for my signature. Worst case scenario, Ill call the 3 big couriers and see if they can check on it. After if that fails, then I will worry. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread