What a fantastic weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Well, this weekend just gone was our busy Christmas weekend, kicked off with my works annual Christmas party.

Since I organised this one I prepared in advance by contacting the party venue and the hotel and enquired about the use of PV's, the party venue were more than happy but the hotel advised they were allowed in the rooms but not the public areas, that was fine with me.
So it started with us heading out from the hotel in a couple of minibuses, the driver was more than happy for me to vape since he was too (bonus). At the venue I vaped openly in the bar area but refrained whilst people were eating in the dining hall, after that it was game on. I had taken some info cards I had made up myself explaining what I was doing and if anyone had any questions after that ECF was the place to look for answers, I had taken some spare drip tips for anyone who wanted to try it and extra juice, needless to say there were plenty of curious people wanting to 'take a hit', even a few customers of ours that had come along as guests. Even when we got back to the hotel, the manager advised that despite the rule he would allow me to use my pv in the nightclub and winebar. (the manager has since e-mailed me for details of where he can purchase one for his wife!)

Following night I was out representing the company with a supplier, this was a different hotel but on arrival I checked and was rewarded with being told I was more than welcome to use my pv on the premises, again I had cards and extra tips for people trying, not as many as the previous night but still some curious peeps.

The Sunday event came round by which point I was feeling a little worse for wear but I dressed up, with a smile on my face and headed out, same venue as our party on Friday and followed my same rules with much enthusiasm.

I'm proud of myself for going out with the confidence I had and hopefully, a few of the people that tried my PV and took information cards will see there is a better way. I can't wait till the summer bbq!

sawitall

Oct 17, 2011
ca bay area
i notice on days were i don't want any strangers asking questions, I stealth vape and still get negative looks...but on days where I'm just doing my thing and am more than glad to let people know what it is if they ask; i get similar inquisitions! your environment reflects your train of thought after all !!glad you had a good experience and i hope that some of those folks find there way here.:2cool:

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
Ive found if you act sneaky people assume your doing something your not suposed to. If your open about it they are more curious why you have the confidence to do what your doing.
i notice on days were i don't want any strangers asking questions, I stealth vape and still get negative looks...but on days where I'm just doing my thing and am more than glad to let people know what it is if they ask; i get similar inquisitions! your environment reflects your train of thought after all !!glad you had a good experience and i hope that some of those folks find there way here.:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread