Status
Not open for further replies.

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
Okay, so I had a convention this last weekend (which is why I've been out of loop since last Thursday). Anyway the hotel had no problem with us vaping inside, which was very cool. Even for a small convention, we ran into at least seven others that were vaping. It was a lot of fun as we all got together late Saturday evening and compared notes in the middle of the convention. We did, in fact, probably make a few converts this last weekend as well. Anyway, I just found it to be amusing how many folks were vaping at such a small show.

middleborn

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
SoCal
I have yet to see that rarest of creatures, the vaper in the wild, but I continue to search ...

I fully expect that one day I won't be able to turn around without bumping into one, at least I hope that's the case!

lol
Be careful, when you do.
I had or have been keeping my eyes open hoping to spot another vaper-er for so long that when I saw this neighbor, I ran out there so excited, at first...he thought I was a lunatic.
We shared a good conversation and now...he KNOWS I'm a lunatic.
:D

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
I have yet to see that rarest of creatures, the vaper in the wild, but I continue to search ...

I fully expect that one day I won't be able to turn around without bumping into one, at least I hope that's the case!

It will happen soon methinks! There's a large vaping community growing here in the North Georgia/Atlanta area and I was really amazed to run into so many at this weekend's show. Several of them were from Chattanooga and a couple of others came in from way, way out of town, which was really cool to see. I saw a couple of eVic mods, several eGo mods (on the same individual) and two Vamo V2's.

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
lol
Be careful, when you do.
I had or have been keeping my eyes open hoping to spot another vaper-er for so long that when I saw this neighbor, I ran out there so excited, at first...he thought I was a lunatic.

LOL, yeah I probably made a few of the folks I ran into think I was a bit crazy as well. None of them were really at the hobbyist level, which I found kinda odd as they were rocking some of the big battery mods, but I gave them some of my home-brewed mead, so in the end, at least they met a guy that was crazy with benefits... LOL

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
It will happen soon methinks! There's a large vaping community growing here in the North Georgia/Atlanta area and I was really amazed to run into so many at this weekend's show. Several of them were from Chattanooga and a couple of others came in from way, way out of town, which was really cool to see. I saw a couple of eVic mods, several eGo mods (on the same individual) and two Vamo V2's.

What show was that? I'm up near Lake Lanier myself ... not too far off. I used to live in Marietta too a while ago.

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
What show was that? I'm up near Lake Lanier myself ... not too far off. I used to live in Marietta too a while ago.

It was JordanCon. Great group. We had Michael Whelan and Brandon Sanderson there along with Seanan McGuire. Next year they're gonna have Larry Elmore as the guest artist and Patrick Rothfuss as the guest Author so far confirmed. It's a great convention and the direct family of Robert Jordan (Hariett McDougal - widow) and several members of his extended family really consider this convention as their personal family reunion, so they are always there. (Absolutely wonderful people as well). The big names they have are always very approachable and very cool people. ;)

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
lol
Be careful, when you do.
you'd think us both being in socal we'd see more...i think they're all hiding in orange county?
there is an la vapers club meet this saturday....altho socal is bigger than some states so could be far for you. LOL
i'm working :(

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
Yeah, I would think SoCal had a pretty hot Vaping community, but then again y'all have a lot of territory to cover there and a large population density in some areas, so it may seem to be fewer between. Then again, the community I am finding it in the most seems to be the geek community here. (Being a geek myself puts a lot of things on my radar in the local scene.)

i see folks vaping on campus pretty regularly, and when I showed up for a gig a couple weeks back, there were five or six vapers standing around my truck within a few minutes, all of us chatting about our rigs. it's common enough in Long Beach that rarely a day goes by that I DON'T see someone else with a PV.

Maybe it's more common in some circles than in others?

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
i see folks vaping on campus pretty regularly, and when I showed up for a gig a couple weeks back, there were five or six vapers standing around my truck within a few minutes, all of us chatting about our rigs. it's common enough in Long Beach that rarely a day goes by that I DON'T see someone else with a PV.

Aye, that may be. Sounds like you had one of those impromptu gathering of vapers as well. :)

middleborn

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
SoCal
you'd think us both being in socal we'd see more...i think they're all hiding in orange county?
there is an la vapers club meet this saturday....altho socal is bigger than some states so could be far for you. LOL
i'm working :(

And I'm moving this weekend. :glare:
I think you may be onto something about all of them being in Orange County...hmmm
The only other time I saw someone vaping (besides my neighbor) was once when I went to Shoreline Village.
Some guy sitting outside waiting for his meal.
I kept staring at him and got busted.
LOL
I was new to vaping at the time and too shy to talk.
Not anymore though.
heehee

middleborn

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
SoCal

Must be cause all I ever see are smokers.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california

And I'm moving this weekend. :glare:
I think you may be onto something about all of them being in Orange County...hmmm
The only other time I saw someone vaping (besides my neighbor) was once when I went to Shoreline Village.
Some guy sitting outside waiting for his meal.
I kept staring at him and got busted.
LOL
I was new to vaping at the time and too shy to talk.
Not anymore though.

heehee
never been an issue for me LOL

ya'll are closer to "civilization" than i am...i'm in the burbs of ventura county...i think even the ppl that smoke are in the closet LOL

J138

Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
In LA it is growing by the day. I was stopped at a red light, look over to the car next to me and a 70 yr old guy in a Cadillac was puffing away on a mod. 10 min. Later I walk by 4 girls in there 20s all vaping, one had a pink provari. There is no stopping this train. I have been at it for about 8 months and have seen 6 of my friends make the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread