We've decided to move to New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanderVape

Moved On
Nov 17, 2010
Wyoming
Yep you read that right. Kat and I have decided to move to albuquerque new mexico as soon as we have money saved up. Wyoming is not growing, doesn't have any jobs available, and nothing to do. We have looked at tennessee, utah, ohio, california, and new mexico.

What made us decide on mexico is because of the climate, the lifestyle, jobs available, and so much to see and do.

We have researched living prices, cable, utilities, aim just about everything. Lol

If there is anyone who has more information to share like how much money we would need to save up would be great.

Actually any info of living down there will be much appreciated. :)

RY4Junkee

Moved On
Nov 23, 2010
Wyoming
Hi..I'm Kat! Lol

Yeah, any info about Albuquerque would be great. We read that the people there are sweet and open minded towards us gay folk (lol) and that was one of the main reasons why we decided to move there.

It just seems like such a great city and a change of scenery never hurt anyone. I've lived in Wyoming for almost 30yrs so I'm long over due for a change.

Thanks in advance for advice and info! :)

RY4Junkee

Moved On
Nov 23, 2010
Wyoming
Hi..I'm Kat! Lol

Yeah, any info about Albuquerque would be great. We read that the people there are sweet and open minded towards us gay folk (lol) and that was one of the main reasons why we decided to move there.

It just seems like such a great city and a change of scenery never hurt anyone. I've lived in Wyoming for almost 30yrs so I'm long over due for a change.

Thanks in advance for advice and info! :)

RY4Junkee

Moved On
Nov 23, 2010
Wyoming
Please consider California.
We need more taxpayers.

We considered Scaramento bc it's a gorgeous city but it's just too expensive there. Also, I lived in New Mexico when I was a child and I remember my family and I loving it. We used to go camping at White Sands and we had so much fun. NM is a beautiful state too. Deserty but has a great climate.

Now it's just a matter of when we can get down there. I want to take a weekend and drive down there to check things out. Stay a couple days, drive around...check out the city and the people.

RY4Junkee

Moved On
Nov 23, 2010
Wyoming
I have never been to either Wyoming or New Mexico so I don't have any advice :blush:, but just wanted to say best of luck to both of you on your relocation:)

Thank you! That means a lot! :)

I've lived here in Cheyenne for almost 30yrs and, IMO, the *only* thing that might be keeping this city "alive" is Frontier Days...otherwise, there isn't a whole lot happening here. Sad, but true.

It is definitely time for a change.

thedeserttortoise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
New mexico
Yep you read that right. Kat and I have decided to move to albuquerque new mexico as soon as we have money saved up. Wyoming is not growing, doesn't have any jobs available, and nothing to do. We have looked at tennessee, utah, ohio, california, and new mexico.

What made us decide on mexico is because of the climate, the lifestyle, jobs available, and so much to see and do.

We have researched living prices, cable, utilities, aim just about everything. Lol

If there is anyone who has more information to share like how much money we would need to save up would be great.

Actually any info of living down there will be much appreciated. :)

This is really a kind of two season place. We have summer, we have winter... and then the monsoons in between. I love the weather and the huge, magnificent, long, and did I say beautiful vista's... I'm not actually in Albuquerque but south in a town called Truth or Consequences. I'm from Northern Cal. I haven't missed the crowds at all. You definitely want to stay up north if your looking for work. These little towns here in NM have "very little" in the way of work and pay about that too. I actually lived the last twelve years in California on a boat... I loved the ocean. I never thought I could replace that view and feeling... but alas. The deserts here in the Southwest have their very own mystique. I like them both summer and winter.. each for a little different meaning but both equally. If you can find work I think you'll love NM. The work thing is kind of a problem all over now.. my girlfriend has been applying all over the US with not a lot of luck. Anyway, I ramble! Hope your move is a good one and I hope you enjoy NM as much as I do....If I can answer any questions feel free to PM me... good luck..Tortoise

Kreep

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
Corona, Ca
If the cost of living was a bit cheaper, apts, etc, and lots of jobs available for Kat who hasn't worked for two years, then it would have won out. I've been to california and love the weather, but it is also pretty dang crowded too. :)

As a native resident, I would advise against CA. The state is broke, our legislature sucks, our public education system is more concerned with test scores than teaching our children how to think and make decisions. Finally, if it isn't illegal here, then they simply tax the hell out of it - this pretty much goes for everything.

I vote that you move to NM, and after you get settled in, instiate bi-monthly shipments of delicious New Mexico green chiles direct to my door step. :)

VanderVape

Moved On
Nov 17, 2010
Wyoming
As a native resident, I would advise against CA. The state is broke, our legislature sucks, our public education system is more concerned with test scores than teaching our children how to think and make decisions. Finally, if it isn't illegal here, then they simply tax the hell out of it - this pretty much goes for everything.

I vote that you move to NM, and after you get settled in, instiate bi-monthly shipments of delicious New Mexico green chiles direct to my door step. :)

Lol. Well after looking at the crime rate there we decided to just move to ft collins colorado when we get saved up. California was way to expensive to even get started in, and nm we would have to carry a gun on us at all times. I like things to be stress free so those two places won't do for us. :) if you ever go to nm make sure to send some chilis our way. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread