Washington DC bans e-cig use at many outdoor locations, and elsewhere (but nobody seems to know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
We don't have a "ban happy" country.

Rather we have "ban happy" liberal Democrats (who have sponsored/championed the overwhelming majority of Federal, State and Municipal proposals to ban e-cig sales and restrict e-cig use).

Those who live in Deep Blue Cities and States are at greatest risk of these laws being introduced and being enacted.

Thats why we have to fight hard in Ca. I thinks we do have a good chance here.

drtwain5

Nov 2, 2013
TX
DrMA wrote

There's no "they", and I've posted many notes on ECF (and cited in my weekly THR Update e-mails) exposing details of the bill (beginning in April and throughout the summer), and urging vapers in the DC area to oppose (see below).

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...opose-banning-e-cigarette-use-workplaces.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...thin-25-feet-parks-trails-bus-stops-more.html

While finger pointing isn't helpful, if anyone is to blame for passage of this bill, its the DC area folks who read my notices about the bill (here on ECF and in my e-mails) and chose to take no action. It was so bad that nobody from the DC area even posted a note on any of these three ECF threads about this bill.

The overreach and intrusiveness are appalling. It may be cool for the power-hungry and perceived as avant garde by the PC to join the anti-nic anti-ecig hysteria, but this virulent, prejudiced and ignorant position is not supported by the evidence. In a recent, authoritative study examining health risks from the chemistry of mists generated by ecig, Burstyn’s data1 show negligible exposure of contaminants to users (and therefore to bystanders), and accordingly, the absence of any evidence-based concern. If the imbeciles from city councils across the US wish to impose bans and prohibitions, they must be educated and dethroned. Ecig need not be proven 100% “safe”. Nothing in life is. Prolonged exposure to water results in wrinkles which predispose to skin infections. It may also cause death by asphyxiation.

1 Burstyn, I, Peering through the mist: What does the chemistry of contaminants in electronic cigarettes tell us about health risks? Technical Report. Department of Environmental and Occupational Health School of Public Health, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA. 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread