Washington bill (6569) would tax tobacco substitutes (including e-cigs) at 95%, referred to Senate Ways and Means Cmte

Status
Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
HHHMMMA, like that he developed a new acronym (though mech heads, heehee, may not like it). ENDS. People should start adapting that now as politically correct, the sooner that translates into public language, the easier it will be for vapors.

Actually, the scientific community developed the acronym years ago when there was a desire to declare them a drug and drug delivery device.

Turnkeys

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
SW Washington State
Last edited:

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
I recieved a response from a Democrat not in my district. Democrat House Rep Dawn Morrell says she believes the bill is dead, and the session is almost over. She was a cardiac nurse, so she applauded quiting smoking via vaping.
Early report is that Washington is a win and the bill is dead. The legislature decided to ask for studies to understand the issue better. No details yet, but I'm sure they'll start pouring in soon. :)

Turnkeys

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
SW Washington State
Here's hoping the early reports are correct -

BUT!

We can't get complacent. Without educating those people in Olympia, around the State and the country, it's just going to keep coming back...

I agree. I've also heard from several legislators who believed the bill wouldn't even make it out of committee, wouldn't get to the floor... or lack the votes to pass should it go to the floor.

The news is encouraging, but it's not over 'till the final gavel. (at midnight, assuming no extensions)

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
Early report is that Washington is a win and the bill is dead. The legislature decided to ask for studies to understand the issue better. No details yet, but I'm sure they'll start pouring in soon. :)

Yes, came to report that the 48th district and others announced in the HOUSE the bill is killed for this session.

Watching TVW LIVE while trying to fix some i30s (or is the problem my MVP?)

Roll call machine done, bill done 85-13, being passed to senate.

Last edited:

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
I agree. I've also heard from several legislators who believed the bill wouldn't even make it out of committee, wouldn't get to the floor... or lack the votes to pass should it go to the floor.

The news is encouraging, but it's not over 'till the final gavel. (at midnight, assuming no extensions)

Sine Die is at 8 pm. The house is not passing the bill (amendment), as part of this package. Neither is a transportation package, which metro buses in king county (and other transit systems, so be prepared at the county levels folks) werehoping to be passed.

The may be a special session, because the governor is not happy. Also, the dems need some more fund age for other programs.

Edit, it's done folks, we win this round.

Last edited:

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
The sweet taste of victory! Or is it the banana split vapor? Anyway, sweet:D

Feel free to vape the cake, desrt, wine, alcohol flavor of your choice (and if not tackling other addictions, a REAL shot for self, or beer )

:evil:

Think mt baker vapor should send a sample bottle of champagne to all WA residents. :vapor:

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Sen. Mark Mullet confirmed in an email that the final budget proposal does not include any tax on ecigs.

Dear {REDACTED},

You’ll be pleased to hear that there was no tax on e-cigarettes in the final budget proposal. I look forward to having a more robust discussion of this next session.

Thank you again for writing to me.

Best wishes,

Senator Mark Mullet
5th Legislative District
Legislative Building Room 415
Olympia, WA 98504
Phone: (360) 786-7608 Fax: (360) 786-1323

Last edited:

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Big Shoutout to IndoorSmokers on You-tube who did a video on how easy it was to contact your local representatives....He actually called his representative on the video:) AND he put the video together and had it posted online in less than 24 hours. Big, big, Shoutout like I said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread