Want a Kick-... Battery for V4L Dual Coil Metal Tank System. SUGGESTIONS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTM

Feb 12, 2011
South Carolina
I have the V4L 3.5ml Dual Coil Metal tank/Cartomizer system (808D, 1.5 Ohms) using their Vapor Titan Manual battery. I'd like a thicker battery so that it will stand vertically. I've been using V4L XL batts and Bloog cartos for 2 years. For a while I tried the ego tank system from Cignot, but grew tired of the leakage and the cleaning. Now, I'm really liking the new tank/carto system, but I want a better, fatter, more powerful battery that is compatible with what I have. I'm not an electronics geek, so I'm not an expert on Ohms vs. voltage, etc.

I just want a kick-... battery that packs a punch and will hold a charge a long time. Price is not a problem as long as it is high quality and will last a long time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Brett

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
V4L has the Dial-a-Volt, which is an 808 Twist clone. It's been said by many people that dual coils work best at higher voltages. NHaler has the same battery in a kit with a CE4+ for about $20.00 less. There it's called either the iGo or Echo Revolver; the iGo has cone threads and the Echo doesn't.

If you want something thicker with a native 808 thread, MadVapes has a handful of 808 mods. I'd suggest staying away from V4L's mods only on the principle that the price is outrageous.

I only have experience with the iGo Revolver. It's sturdily built and works quite well, although I learned that VV isn't for me. Though that could also have to do with bottom coil systems not playing well with VV, and most of what I use are bottom coil cartomizers.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Anyone know if V4L's tanks are just Smoktech DCTs with 808 cartos in them? They look exactly the same from what I can tell.

Personally if I were in your situation I'd move from 808 to 510. You can get adapters to use 808 on 510s and the other way around, but if you are going to get a new battery might as well get something that can use most of the cartos/attys/clearos/etc on the market and not limit yourself.

For instance you could get a Vamo and some 510 cartos, and still use your current tank with the new cartos. Or just use an adaptor and use your current cartos. V4L really rips you off with their prices. If you switch to 510 stuff, you can get your tank cartos for about half the price v4l charges for them. And with a 510 device your options are nearly limitless.

Or you could get a 510 ego twist, spinner, or SLB VV eGo. Again, much cheaper than V4L's rip off prices.

Basically I'd avoid anything V4L, you can get the same product (or better) for cheaper if you shop elsewhere. V4L charges an arm and a leg when they slap their logo on something.

If you want a more powerful battery you'll have to get something that's VV/VW. Your current battery is a 3.7v device, regular eGos are either the same power, or they are actually lower power due to being regulated to 3.2v or whatever. If you want to stick with the eGo form factor the previous suggestions of a Spinner, Twist, or one of the SLB digital batteries would be your best bet.

If you don't mind going bigger, to a fill fledged APV, the Vamo, Anyvape, eVic, Innokin SVD and MVP, etc are all popular devices. If you are going to go the route of an APV it would be best to head over to the APV section, as there are seemingly millions of different APVs out there and some research is in order to make sure you get what you want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread