• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Well... Halloween is just around the corner so we'll probably start seeing more zombie interest! It also means we're that much closer to season 2 of The Walking Dead. Just to get things started, here's a little teaser they put out about the zombie eyes...

The Walking Dead Season 2 Zombie Eyes Featurette - MovieWeb.com

Reminds me that I need to price out a pair myself. :D

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
I am totally freaked out even thinking about anyone or anything touching my eye. Watching her put those contact lens in creeped me out just as much as a zombie getting beheaded. Thank goodness I've always been able to get by with glasses. I salute you contact wearers out there!

Well... Halloween is just around the corner so we'll probably start seeing more zombie interest! It also means we're that much closer to season 2 of The Walking Dead. Just to get things started, here's a little teaser they put out about the zombie eyes...

The Walking Dead Season 2 Zombie Eyes Featurette - MovieWeb.com

Reminds me that I need to price out a pair myself. :D

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
It was either 12, or the standard 13 episodes. It'll be a full season. I'm not quite sure what the Walking Dead interest is going to be, now that they have those other hot shows going on. If you ask me, Breaking Bad just pulled eons ahead over the last season. If I just caught on to it, then you know a ton of other people did too. I hear good things about The Killing as well.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Breaking Bad is still my favorite since I can't afford to watch Dexter either on DVD or cable... The Killing was okay. It wasn't like I HAD TO KNOW as soon as possible what was going to happen next like Breaking Bad, Justified, or Doctor Who. It's more like a 'Huh, I wonder how implausibly they're going to twist their way out of it being this person (of the week)who killed her'. Maybe if they'd actually developed her character and then killed her, I might care who did it. As it is, it's just a 13/26/39 (?!?) part CSI: Seattle with wooden 2 dimensional characters. /rant on that one. :D

But I have high hopes for season 2 of Walking Dead! I like violence and complex characters so TWD will have to serve until the next season of Justified or Breaking Bad...

Yeah I think your right. Some valid questions came up during the Talking Dead.

1. The smell thing and why going under the car worked out for them. Good answer by the creator.
2. The people in the cars on the highway...What happened to them? Hard to believe they would just sit there and die.
3. The blood from the RV bathroom kill...it got all over her. That doesnt seem right that shes ok.
4. Why are they herding?
5. Why is the interstate in one direction crowded with cars, but not the other side, especially in a WROL situation?
6. With a clear line of sight on the deer, how did the incident happen?
7. Do they seem faster? To me, it looks like they walk/attack faster than they did last year.
8. Wheres Merle?

Overall, i think it was a pretty good start to the season. It seems they left it wide open as far as what could happen next.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Yeah I think your right. Some valid questions came up during the Talking Dead.

1. The smell thing and why going under the car worked out for them. Good answer by the creator.
Kind of a cheap way out in my opinion...
2. The people in the cars on the highway...What happened to them? Hard to believe they would just sit there and die.
THAT is a big question. Why didn't they re-animate?!?
3. The blood from the RV bathroom kill...it got all over her. That doesn't seem right that shes ok.
It's the viral vector question! If a bite gets you infected... Or if you gash your arm open and then someone throws a corpse on top of you... They were extra careful when they used zombie bits camo last season. Who knows, maybe there WILL be consequences later :D
4. Why are they herding?
This one was easier in my mind. Big search parties are better search parties and they all might have started chasing something that's out distanced them but they don't have the ability to realize it... Many, many, many, reasons they grouped up like that.
5. Why is the interstate in one direction crowded with cars, but not the other side, especially in a WROL situation?
If there was an outbreak, would you go towards or away from the infection site? During the initial quarantine, there would have been far more people stacked up trying to get out vs into a quarantine zone.
It was only clear from their POV. On the other side, there's a forest in the background. Georgia or not, there's still some people out there that don't know basic hunter safety! That's not even counting the hunger/buck fever/tunnel vision aspect of it either.
7. Do they seem faster? To me, it looks like they walk/attack faster than they did last year.
Yeah, Fire Marshal Bill was a little more spry than the attacks we saw last year, otherwise I think it's more that they're moving with purpose instead of meandering around.
8. Wheres Merle?
Oh... I have a feeling that he'll make one hell of an entrance... That is, if it's NOT at the beginning of the next episode! How messed up would THAT be?!?!

Overall, i think it was a pretty good start to the season. It seems they left it wide open as far as what could happen next.

Yeah, it should be interesting...

Kind of a cheap way out in my opinion...
Maybe, but at least what the creator said made sense. I thought it was a little too "easy" to just crawl under a car and be safe

THAT is a big question. Why didn't they re-animate?!?
re-animate is one question, but I still find it hard that anyone would just sit in their car, windows down, and die on the spot. Even if they didnt get bitten or whatever to re-animate. If they were sitting there with their heads blown off from eatin a bullet, I could understand that, but to just sit there, and die....doesnt make sense

3. The blood from the RV bathroom kill...it got all over her. That doesn't seem right that shes ok.
It's the viral vector question! If a bite gets you infected... Or if you gash your arm open and then someone throws a corpse on top of you... They were extra careful when they used zombie bits camo last season. Who knows, maybe there WILL be consequences later
I hope there are some sort of consequences. At least it would keep the story line straight. its seems weird they would show her face and all covered in Z-blood, and nothing happen to her

4. Why are they herding?
This one was easier in my mind. Big search parties are better search parties and they all might have started chasing something that's out distanced them but they don't have the ability to realize it... Many, many, many, reasons they grouped up like that.
I guess...just didnt seem right

If there was an outbreak, would you go towards or away from the infection site? During the initial quarantine, there would have been far more people stacked up trying to get out vs into a quarantine zone.
True, you would go away from the infection site, but after sitting in traffic for just a little while, bumper to bumper, not moving, sooner or later people are gonna say "screw it" and jump across the median in the wrong direction, where theres no pile up, and still head away from the infected site

It was only clear from their POV. On the other side, there's a forest in the background. Georgia or not, there's still some people out there that don't know basic hunter safety! That's not even counting the hunger/buck fever/tunnel vision aspect of it either.
True, but like you hinted to, the unknown hunter, I think very well could be Merle. In that case, him and his redneck brother seem to know what to do in the woods. I think another question about the deer, why would a) the deer even think about letting you get that close and b) they are in survival mode, low on food and water (at least until they found that water truck), my first order of business would have been to shoot the deer for food

Yeah, Fire Marshal Bill was a little more spry than the attacks we saw last year, otherwise I think it's more that they're moving with purpose instead of meandering around.
Thats exactly the one I was talking about. He almost seemed "smart". Heard a slight noise, followed it to a close door, figured out it was behind the door and tried to get through the door. Smart enough to do all that, but crawl under a car and you totally stump them
8. Wheres Merle?
Oh... I have a feeling that he'll make one hell of an entrance... That is, if it's NOT at the beginning of the next episode! How messed up would THAT be?!?!
Exactly....I think he's gonna be the hunter that shot the deer, which is why I questioned the line of sight earlier. Merle aint new to hunting

Do you have any idea how hard it is to quote, change the colors of the text and answer everything while still on my first cup of coffee????

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Re: 8. Who said he missed? Cuff me and leave me to be eaten by zombies? Not on my top 10 favorite people list. Now I see you with my brother and he hasn't killed you? You must be a liar or you took over the group... Even farther from the top 10. The only thing that doesn't jive with the revenge bit is how could he know it was his kid? I could buy he'd been following the group but not that he hadn't contacted his brother...

The more I think about it, it must be another group. Possibly a group that the herd has been following and for whatever reason didn't see the kid or were aiming for the sheriff and missed. This might be where they tie in another group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread