Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Voo-Poo-Argus-P1-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at the VooPoo Argus P1. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► VooPoo Argus P1; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 1.PD Quick Charge (18 minutes)
    • 2. Futuristic mechanical style
    • 3. Chipset Gene AI 1.2
    • 4. ITO atomization technology
    • 5. Patented leak proof design
    • 6. The cartridge is compatible with ARGUS POD

Voo-Poo-Argus-P1-2.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P1; Packaging:
    The classic package by VooPoo with black background shows on the front; the brand (VooPoo), the name of the device (Argus P1) and the image of the kit in relief surrounded by lines detectable to the touch that resemble an electronic circuit. On the back are present; The contents, warnings, scratch & check, color of this sample (Gun Metal) and various contact information for Shenzhen Woody Vapes Technology Co., Ltd. On the remaining sides of the box are; the main features in the form of icons and various Q-R Codes.

Voo-Poo-Argus-P1-3.jpg

Voo-Poo-Argus-P1-4.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P1; Packing List:
    • 1 * Argus Pod P1 device
    • 1 * 0.7Ω Argus Cartridge (2ml)
    • 1 * 1.2Ω Argus Cartridge (2ml)
    • 1 * Type-C cable for charging
    • 1 * Lanyard
    • 1 * User Manual

Voo-Poo-Argus-P1-5.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P1; Specifications:
    • Size: 74.6 * 46.7 * 17.4mm
    • Weight: 70g
    • Name: ARGUS P1
    • Material: zinc alloy + PC
    • Output power: 5-20W
    • Output voltage: 3.2-4.2V
    • Resistance range: 0.5-3.0Ω
    • Battery capacity: Integrated 800mAh
    • Recommended e-liquid: Nicotine≤50mg

Voo-Poo-Argus-P1-6.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P1; Available colours:
    • Black
    • Gunmetal
    • Red
    • Green
    • Silver

Voo-Poo-Argus-P1-7.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P1; First Impressions:
    Among the countless Pod devices that continue to saturate the market relentlessly, it is vital for manufacturers to stay on top of implementing the performance and functions of their devices. From a technical point of view, VooPoo is second to none and has always meticulously cared for the aesthetic / artistic part of its products, inspiring competitors also on the path of design to follow.

Voo-Poo-Argus-P1-8.jpg

When I first saw Argus P1 I was reminded of Drag 2 Nano a vaporizer that has made school in this type of entry level with "pocket" design. But with Argus P1 an absolutely excellent aesthetic and finishing level has been reached, judge the image below that depicts Argus p1 and Drag Nano 2.

Voo-Poo-Argus-P1-9.jpg

VooPoo Argus P1 is a small object designed in a futuristic mechanical style, the half metal and half transparent device combines robustness and sophisticated elegance. its body is modeled with gentle and well-connected curves that give a natural sensation to the touch and a delicate grip.

Voo-Poo-Argus-P1-10.jpg

All the elements that make up Argus P1 blend together in harmony; the transparent part reveals the refined internal circuit. The body of the transparent Mod matches the equally transparent and crystalline cartridge. The other 50% of the P1 body in Gun Metal color is made up of solid and smooth metal, enriched with details in sparkling gold color, which are; the French screws, the words "ARGUS", "VOOPOO" and the handle to fasten the cord.

VooPoo Argus P1 11.png

► VooPoo Argus P1; AFC control:
    The slider button for adjusting the air flow has a short excursion, but fully sufficient to give the Argus P1 a perfectly adjustable MTL shot in an arc that goes from completely closed up to trespassing into the RDL with the 0.7Ω coil . In addition, the key with its metal solidity is well braked during adjustment and perfectly maintains the set position.

VooPoo Argus P1 12.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P1; PD Fast Charge:
    The ARGUS P1's 4-level LED with its soft, clear light monitors performance and keeps you informed of what's going on. The fast charging speed takes advantage of the PD protocol and is able to complete the operation in just 18 minutes from 0 to 100%. According to the laboratory data detected by vooPoo, the 1.2Ω coil after a charge of only 5 minutes is able to support 2 hours of vaping.

VooPoo Argus P1 13.JPG

VooPoo Argus P1 14.JPG

► VooPoo Argus P1; Led & Notifications:
    The GENE AI 1.2 chip interfaces with an advanced LED system that shows the output power in real time through luminous bars, to view the battery charge level you can remove the cartridge at any time, and up to 4 luminous bars, will be shown horizontal as follows:
    • 1 White Led on; the battery charge level is between 1 and 25%
    • 2 White LEDs on; the battery charge level is between 25 and 50%
    • 3 white LEDs on; the battery charge level is between 51 and 75%
    • 4 white LEDs on; the battery charge level is between 76 and 100%.

During recharging, the white indicator lights flash and the scale from 1 to 4 LEDs is completed progressively. At the end of the recharge, the 4 white LEDs remain bright and steady. The Bypass circuit simulates the "mech" behavior therefore during use the number of white LEDs on also quantifies the power delivered, when the percentage of battery charge is less than 25% the LED will turn red.

Furthermore, the LED has the task of sending notifications on the operation of the device and on the active safety protections as follows:
    • 2 Red Led Flashes; a short circuit was detected
    • 8 Red Led Flashes; the continuous activation limit has been reached (8s)
    • 10 Red Led Flashes; the battery is low and needs to be recharged
    • 15 Red Led Flashes; the card temperature is too high.

VooPoo Argus P1 15.png

► VooPoo Argus P1; Above/ Under:
    The bottom base of Argus P1 is wide enough to offer a stable position of the mod vertically, even during the charging phase.
    The upper base houses the handle for connecting the lanyard on the transparent part. The Compartment / Pod contains the contact pins and the sensor for the automatic activation of the puffs. The two magnets are mirrored to those on the bottom of the cartridge and are quite strong.

VooPoo Argus P1 16.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P1; Disposable Pod:
    The cartridge made of transparent PCTG has an ergonomic lip spout and allows you to perfectly view the liquid inside. The filling is done by lifting a side silicone rubber, the hole of good size allows you to easily insert up to 2ml of e-liquid. On the bottom of the cartridge there are 4 holes for the passage of air to the coil, according to VooPoo this system expands the air flow that affects the coil globally, increasing the flavor, furthermore the 4 holes are an integral part of the antileaking system present at the inside the cartridge itself. On the bottom of the cartridge we can see that the magnets are not visible, in fact they are there and they work quite well. The Argus P1 cartridge is compatible with ARGUS POD and the leak proof system is made up of high quality silicone gaskets that guarantee airtight seal against air infiltrations and proven reliability against leaks.

VooPoo Argus P1 17.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P1; Vaping test & final conclusions:
    The new Argus P1 is definitely a comfortable, well-built and eye-catching Pod device. The new GENE.AI 1.2 Chip has reached perfection as regards the management of the "automatic puff" which has always been the Achilles' heel of these devices! In fact, a slight extraction is enough to activate the Puff instantly and with any degree of opening of the airflow. The AI 1.2 chip GENE automatically adjusts each puff and increases or decreases the output according to the pressure exerted on each puff to save energy and maximize battery life. In addition, the 4-level led provides simple full control for the 800mAh battery. In the package there are two ITO disposable Pods, one of 1.2 and one of 0.7Ω both are dedicated to MTL vaping, my favorite is the 0.7Ω one because it provides greater Hit and heat, but I think both are able to really please everyone because they provide exemplary and spitting-free operation, in fact after a very intense use of these cartridges I have not detected any trace of condensation in the compartment / pod. I honestly think this is really all that could be expected from Argus P1 because in the entry-level category this kit is absolutely capable of dominating the scene.

I would like to thank VooPoo for providing me with this kit. I hope this review was useful for anyone looking to buy Argus P1.

Thanks for reading.

VooPoo Argus P1 18.jpg

Last edited:

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Good review buddy.
    Busy today but hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to finish mine.

Was surprised by how sturdy it felt,i mean if one were judging by its size you wouldn't really expect it to feel that solid.

Cheers
    Hi friend, Thank you. It is really solid, I was surprised by the high specific gravity. High quality.

Reactions: Javichu
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread