VooPoo Argus Pod SE Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at VooPoo Argus Pod SE with launch date March 6, 2023. In this Test I will examine each of the features that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► VooPoo Argus Pod SE; Before starting, let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• Beautiful design gives a shiny look
    • ARGUS POD cartridges with ITO atomization technology offer a delicious taste
    • Simplicity simplifies operation, GENE.AI intelligence reassures the vape

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-2.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod SE; Packaging:
    The box package is black and has the front; an image of the device in the same color as the device inside and the writing ARGUS POD SE in raised silver characters. On the back of the package are; Packing List, physical address and manufacturer's support addresses, warnings, legal trademarks & logos, scratch & check, batch number and color indication of this sample (Shiny Orange). Sideways on the package you can see; some technical characteristics in the form of icons, and 4 different QR Codes.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-3.jpg

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-4.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod SE; Packing List:
    • 1* Device Argus Pod SE
    • 1* Argus Pod Cartridge 0.7Ω
    • 1* Argus Pod Cartridge 1.2Ω
    • 1* Type-C Cable
    • 1* User Manual

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-5.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod SE; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 93x26.2x13.2mm
    • Maximum power: 18W
    • Built-in Battery: 800mAh
    • Output voltage: 3.2-4.2V
    • Charging voltage: 5V/1A
    • Supported resistance value: from 0.5Ω to 3.0Ω
    • E-liquid capacity: 2ml
    • Disposable Compatible Cartridges with Integrated Coils: ARGUS POD 0.7Ω and 1.2Ω
    • Compatible Empty Cartridges with Replaceable ITO Coils: ARGUS POD ITO-M1(0.7Ω), ITO-M2(1.0Ω) and ITO-M3(1.2Ω)

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-6.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod SE; Available colours:
    • Black
    • Brown
    • Red
    • Shiny Orange
    • Shiny Blue

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-7.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod SE; First Impressions:
    For this test I received the "Shiny Orange" color version of the Argus Pod SE which is the latest minimalist style version of the VooPoo Air Pod series. The finished product features a very compact size, eye-catching look, sturdy metal construction, brand-worthy finish, and updated GENE.AI chipset. In the image below you can also see Argus Pod G (next review) which is the updated "rich" version of this successful series of Pod Mods by VooPoo.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-8.jpg

On the main panels; at the top and in relief there is the writing "Gene Chip Inside", on the opposite side there is the air flow regulation system (MTL) with scroll key made of zinc alloy like the rest of the body. Airflow adjustment allows you to go from loose MTL to tight MTL. On the lower panels, there are white silk-screened writings; on one side "VooPoo" and on the other side "Argus". The decorations are extended by the fine nanoscale lithography process, these decorations create a slight contrast of light and shadow against the bright orange color of this device.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-9.jpg

The side panels blend smoothly into the rest of the Argus SE body; on one side there is the small (almost invisible) writing "Designed By VooPoo", on the other side there is the notification interaction system made up of 3 LED lines.

► LED notifications:
    • Three lit white LED lines correspond to a battery charge level between 66% and 100%
    • Two lit white LED lines correspond to a battery charge level between 33% and 66%
    • A lit white LED line corresponds to a battery charge level between 0% and 33%
    • During the charging phase, the corresponding white LED will be on.
    • At the end of the charge, the 3 white LEDs will remain on
    • During the vape the LED light gradually becomes brighter.
    • When the battery is low, the LED light turns red and flashes 10 times
    • In the event of a short circuit, the LED flashes red twice
    • During use, if you exceed 8s of uninterrupted vaping, the LED flashes red 8 times
    • In the event of high temperatures, the LED flashes red 15 times.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-10.jpg

The Type-C charging port is located in the lower part of the Mod and allows the integrated 800mAh battery to be fully recharged in a rather short time, about 50 minutes.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-11.jpg

The Compartment/Pod houses two rectangular magnets on the sides, two gold-plated spring-loaded pins and the sensor for activating the automatic puff placed in a raised position with respect to the bottom.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-12.jpg

► Argus Disposable Pods:
    ARGUS POD 0.7Ω cartridge and ARGUS POD 1.2Ω cartridge; With a patented multi-layer design, VooPoo built its cartridge with the intention of eliminating leaks by locking them securely within the structure itself. The cartridge made of transparent PCTG has an ergonomic lip spout and allows you to discreetly view the level of e-liquid inside it. The filling is done by lifting a silicone rubber, the good-sized hole allows you to easily insert up to 2ml of e-liquid. On the bottom of the cartridge there are 4 holes for the passage of air towards the coil, according to VooPoo this system expands the air flow that globally invests the coil, increasing the flavor, moreover the 4 holes are an integral part of the anti-leaking system present at the inside of the cartridge itself. On the bottom of the cartridge we can see that the magnets are NOT visible, actually there are and they work quite well. According to VooPoo the average coil life supports the vaping of around 30ml of e-liquid.

► Argus Empty Pod:
    This cartridge has the same characteristics as the disposable pod that I listed above, however the spare empty pod allows you to use the replaceable ITO coils. In this case the coil is inserted from below with a slight pressure.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-13.jpg

In the table below you can see all the "disposable pods" and the "empty pod forITO Coils" compatible with Argus Pod SE. All the ARGUS Pod cartridges are compatible with the ARGUS POD family (ARGUS P1, ARGUS G, ARGUS Z, ARGUS POD, ARGUS POD SE). On the occasion of this test VooPoo kindly sent me two empty cartridges to be used in combination with ITO M1, M2, M3 coils. Argus Pod SE reaches a power of 18W Max for this reason it is not recommended to use the 0.5Ω (18-25W) ITO Coil.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-14.jpg

► VooPoo Argus Pod SE; Final conclusions:
    The new Argus Pod in minimalist version renounces the oled screen becoming user friendly and more compact. The GENE.AI 1.2 Chip on this Mod allows the one and only extraction of the automatic type, simplifying its operation for vape neophytes. In fact, a slight aspiration is enough to activate the Puff instantly, with any degree of opening of the airflow and without any hesitation. The 800mAh battery seems really well managed and recharges in a relatively short time. In the package there are two disposable ITO Pods, one of 1.2Ω and one of 0.7Ω dedicated to MTL vaping, my favorite is the 0.7Ω one because it provides greater Hit and heat, but I think both can really satisfy everyone as the aromatic yield It is of a good standard with exemplary operation and free from spitting. After a very intense use of both of these cartridges (on various VooPoo devices) I have not detected any trace of condensation in the compartment/pod. Another certainly interesting Plus is the possibility of buying the empty cartridges as spare parts to be used with the replaceable Ito coils; such as 1.0Ω ITO-M2 for a soft and velvety type of puff, shrunk in the right way for a fairly airy MTL use. Or the 1.2Ω ITO-M3 which offers a smooth puff type without spitting with a perfect suction contrast for restricted MTL. I think this is really all that good that could be expected from a modern Pod system from VooPoo.

• Thanks to VooPoo for sending me Argus Pod SE for review:

• Thank you for reading.

Voo-Poo-Argus-Pod-SE-15.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Good review buddy.

Gotta agree with you,been using the 0.7 ohms on both of the pod mods (SE and the G) and the performance is excellent.

Maybe by mere coincidence or whatnot but we both got the same colors,green for the G and orange for the SE.

Cheers :)
    Thank you Javichu :thumb:

Reactions: TARTARA

Users who are viewing this thread