iTaste MVP and a mini protank 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I searched around and couldn't find anything existing already.

I recently purchased an itaste mvp (not v2) which came with 2 iclear 16s in the kit. While I like the iclear tanks, I already have 3 mini protank 3s which I love. I've been using those on pen style pass through batteries.

I found that the minis won't fire on the mvp. Is there and adapter I can get or something I can do in order to allow me to use the protanks with this beast of a battery?

Thanks in advance!

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I found that the minis won't fire on the mvp. Is there and adapter I can get or something I can do in order to allow me to use the protanks with this beast of a battery?

Thanks in advance!

The problem you are having is the fire pin on your MVP 2 is more then likely pushed down and doesn't make a connection. Take a small pen knife or tiny screwdriver and gently work around the fire pin in a lifting motion. It doesn't have to be moved up much. Put your mini pt3 back on and press the P and U button in at the same time. The first reading you should receive is the resistance in the coil and the second is how many volts are left on your battery. If the first reading is "non" then try moving the pin up a bit more. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I have this same problem but I'm nervous about messing with my MVP v2. I know I saw pics of this somewhere but darned if I can figure out what to call it to search again. You have pics?

I don't have a picture to show you, however if you remove your clearo or tank or topper, whatever you call it off the MVP 2 and just down the hole with the threading on it. In the center is a round object which is the fire pin. Follow the above instructions as I listed them. It's very easy and it works.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Thanks, I'll give it a go but it's definitely this, I cleaned and dried the tank then put in a new coil and then put it on the MVP. NON came up when both buttons pushed with beauty ring. It's working without the ring but this has happened before. It will work and then suddenly nothing.
I'm sure it's the center pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread