VG Only Nic + VG Doubler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

odin

Jan 30, 2011
Gold Coast, Australia
Hi all. Going to attempt my first mix in the next couple of weeks and am still lost with VG mixing.

My partner has Addisons and was diagnosed by an osteopath last week as having massive acid build up (including lactic acid) which is causing constant pain / cramping. To top it off the osteopath visit coincided with the arrival of our eGo kits and e-liquids which are all PG. Having vaped almost a week now it seems the PG is adding further acid to his system (lactic) and making him feel even sorer. We have no VG e-liquids and now need to try and get DIY'ing sooner than later :)

So, we pretty much need a total VG solution. Is this going to be possible?

I can purchase 100% VG 'Doublers' in a variety of flavours which is fine - but from what I've read using 100% VG nic is syrupy and a pain on atomizers etc. Add to that 100% VG doublers and its all sounding rather gooey. I'm in Australia and to my knowledge cant purchase PGA, what can I use to thin it all out? I don't think our Vodka's are even strong enough?

1. So I planned on using 100mg nic VG base. Splitting into 15ml bottles and freezing.
2. Cutting 15ml 100mg nic down using VG to around 16mg. (To around 90ml+?).
3. Adding (to match final quantity above) 100% VG doubler flavouring to the final mix.
4. Reaching a target somewhere between 16-12mg.

What should I be adding to step 2 to add to the thinning out process? Would distilled water be ok? Would something else be better? And what quantity / percentage of water / whatever should I be using?

If it had to come down to it we could get away with maybe 10-15% PG, but would rather avoid it if possible.

Any help would be appreciated. I have the gloves, mask, goggles, apron and bottles, safety is sorted. :)

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
The majority of flavorings are in PG themselves. So, in general, if you make a 10% flavor juice, it will likely be about 8% PG, maybe a little less, maybe a little more. So take that into account when you make yours. There are VG-only flavorings out there, but not many. In the US, Vermont Vapors sells a selection of no-PG flavored e-juices. They are quite good, and they use PG-free flavorings.

I also use distilled water for thinning DIY VG juices. I did use vodka for a bit, but it dried myy mouth out like PG did. Water works really well for me, and I like the moister vape. Not as much need to relentlessly drink water, as it does not dry the mouth out much at all. I don't know of anything other than water or ethanol that can be used to thin a juice.

odin

Jan 30, 2011
Gold Coast, Australia
Thanks Switch and Kurt. I will go with distilled water, sadly we don't have PGA / Everclear in Australia. I was not sure if adding say 5% water to the mix would cut it as a thinner, I have pure VG flavours available locally, the nic is also VG based. I'm still concerned that 5% water and 95% VG nic & VG flavor will be too thick but I'll give it a go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread