Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
To fully absorb the nicotine in an ecig, you hold the vapor in the mouth, then after inhaling, exhale through the nose. This is because the lungs may not be as efficient at accessing the nicotine speedily as with a cigarette, since the particle size in vapor is around ten times that in smoke. Therefore, there is a point of view that more is absorbed in the mouth and nose than in the lungs.

However this is not universally accepted.

But if it affects your nose in some way, then don't do it. Doesn't apply to all.

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
Yes, VG is one of the mixtures/carriers for the nicotine.
There are many suppliers out there that carry a different mixture content on the VG or PG amount.
Some do 80PG/20VG and then some 70/30 and some 50/50 and some 100% and all for different
reasons.
VG also helps give you more vapor. But with that being said, my experience with a 50/50 mix
really made me "pull harder" to inhale, because it is a thicker mix than PG.
More PG%, appears to give a harder TH and if that is not what you want, then you need a different ratio mix in your juice. I also have learned that high NIC content also effects the TH. More Nic/higher TH.
Many vendors offer different mix ratios. Check some of them out, order some small bottles and give those a try
and see what works for you.
You can also get VG at Walmart and add a few drops to one of your juices. It will cut the nic content and some of the juice flavor perhaps, but it may be what works for you.
Good Luck and Happy Vaping.

Last edited:

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
I'm glad that someone brought up the subject of the nose. I have found something that I was wondering about, but don't know if it would be proper to bring up around "nice" people. I'm not trying to be gross here I just don't know any other way to say this. Has anyone noticed that their burgers have turned white. I don't pick my nose very often and when I did yesterday I noticed that the burger was pure white. It looked like a Styrofoam burger. Has anyone else noticed this. Again, I apologize about being so direct and if this offended anyone I'm sorry. It is about my health and I want to know.
Thanks for the info, I heard you shouldn't breath out your nose with PG because it dries it. Can you with VG?

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
hey stevenr,

welcome to ecf......

vg, priority= vapor/throat hit
pg,priority=throat hit/vapor

mix it up to find your personal sweet spot !

and you are absotivly ,correct-a-mundo,presise,
on that question !!!

Seasons greetings
hows the weather?

V.I.

As Brad put it so well in another thread, PG does not equal TH. Go pick up some PG and drop it pure on your atty. Notice that there is almost 0 TH? TH is more vapor temp, nic, and flavor. Pure Grain ALcohol (PGA) can be added to also add some TH, but that is not for everyone (read me) it can change the taste a bit.

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Please forgive me WomanOfHeart, I'm from Nebraska, also known as"the Beef state" we don't have boogers here, just burgers.(I guess I shouldn't trust spell check, they should have caught that) LOL!!!
I've never had a problem with "burgers" in my nose. Now boogers is something entirely different! LOL!

Honestly, the only thing I've noticed about my nose since I started vaping is that I haven't had one sinus infection yet and I can smell again.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Please forgive me WomanOfHeart, I'm from Nebraska, also known as"the Beef state" we don't have boogers here, just burgers.(I guess I shouldn't trust spell check, they should have caught that) LOL!!!

I graduated from Scottsbluff High School, so I'm very familiar with the "Cornhusker State!" LOL! Beef 'n Burgers, man...Beef 'n Burgers.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I've never had a problem with "burgers" in my nose. Now boogers is something entirely different! LOL!

Honestly, the only thing I've noticed about my nose since I started vaping is that I haven't had one sinus infection yet and I can smell again.

Just a random thought about the sinus infections... There was research done in the 40s about the use of PG as an antibacterial agent to prevent influenza. Maybe the PG is sanitizing your nose and sinuses LOL

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
This is OT about boogers...I'll save that discussion for another time....but I want to say about sinus infections....me either. I used to get sinus infections every fall/winter...all winter long. PLUS....when I did get something...sinus infection, cold, etc....it ALWAYS ended up in my lungs. Earlier this year I did get a cold or something...and I braced myself....but it did NOT go to my lungs this time. I loved that. Made me realize again that I really AM healing from all that smoking.

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
As Brad put it so well in another thread, PG does not equal TH. Go pick up some PG and drop it pure on your atty. Notice that there is almost 0 TH? TH is more vapor temp, nic, and flavor. Pure Grain ALcohol (PGA) can be added to also add some TH, but that is not for everyone (read me) it can change the taste a bit.

thx zapp and roger !

check + mate !

both pg/vg are quite benign,
until you add there co-horts !!

Thats where all the fun is !!!

V.I.

boogers,burgers,gotsnot, just dont vape it !! lol

Stylez

Jan 18, 2010
Canada

This is something I've noticed as well, I've been off analogs and vaping for approx. 14 months, I used to get a cold at least 6 times a year for as long as I can remember. Since I've been vaping I have only gotten sick and stuffed up once, that's when I reached for a minty juice to help open things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread