Very peculiar message from USPS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
I ordered the voopoo drag h40 kit on Sunday from a company called flawlessvapershop after everyone on reddit ranted and raved about how fast the company was. After I ordered the vape, I received a message saying that it would take one to two business days to ship it out. Now it's business day three and I have been seeing this message for the past two days when I look up the status:

Pre-Shipment
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
ONTARIO, CA 91761
October 9, 2023, 5:52 pm

Could anyone explain to me what the above message means? Thanks for any help on this.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
At one time some smaller suppliers I used only had a couple of USPS pickups a week. There was one small flavoring shop where that happened. Didn't matter when you ordered it would ship on a Tues or a Fri. But they created the shipping label immediately so it might be stuck in the status you have for a while. Some places would drive over to the PO a couple of times a week to save money on pickup.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I ordered the Voopoo Drag h40 kit on Sunday from a company called flawlessvapershop after everyone on reddit ranted and raved about how fast the company was. After I ordered the vape, I received a message saying that it would take one to two business days to ship it out. Now it's business day three and I have been seeing this message for the past two days when I look up the status:

Pre-Shipment
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
ONTARIO, CA 91761
October 9, 2023, 5:52 pm

Could anyone explain to me what the above message means? Thanks for any help on this.

What that message means is that the person who is going to Ship you something has agreed to pay the Postage for it with the USPS. And that the USPS now knows that it will be handling an item (at some point) from the Shipper to You.

As mentioned, It Doesn't mean that the USPS has you package (yet) and it is whiling it's way thru their system. Or even that a Shipping Label has be Physically Printed and put on a Box.

But it is a Normal 1st Stage of the process of getting something from Shipped using the USPS.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Language... Lighten up Francis.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    As a shipper, let me clarify a few things. When the seller pays for the postage, you will see the message that it is awaiting the item. It means the seller hasn't shipped or the shipper hasn't picked up the item yet. You should still have a tracking number as that is assigned when postage is paid. So it doesn't mean that when you get a tracking number it has been shipped.

So basically the seller has requested a pickup/postage and the item hasn't been picked up/shipped yet.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Just ask Grubhub.

grub.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.