USPS not updating tracking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stifle

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hey all,

I'm well stocked on juice, so this is not a real big deal either way. But I've noticed some orders that got put in this week haven't been updated with USPS. Is this a tracking problem on their end or is there just a bit of a backup since the team at FSUSA is so nice they won't stop giving us sales!!!

Just curious, anyone else still just getting the "USPS has been notified..blah blah blah" after a few days?

Thanks!

Just received my "at the post office for shipping" notice via email.

It should be noted that the total time between order and that notice was less than 48 hours, and that is with 11 different flavors. Unfortunately due to FlavourArts' delayed shipments I had to communicate a substitute order for my french toast and I was the ABSOLUTE LAST order in that big presidents day sale. Then I asked them to combine it with another 5 flavors ordered about 6 hours later.

Overall, I'd say that is pretty darn good! I only questioned it because usually the orders go out INSANELY fast, and even with this order it still got out faster than any other supplier I've used. I just thought it was USPS because I pretty openly distrust any company that ships me stuff :).

Last edited:

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
At least you got your answer. In my experience with USPS, they are often VERY unreliable in their tracking service. I've had packages delivered when the tracking still shows at an out of state sorting facility.....I don't think they always update the system the way UPS and FEDEX do.

It's not a tracking service, it's Delivery Confirmation. Big difference. USPS only obiligation is to show that the package was delivered. A side benefit of Delivery Confirmation is that the USPS website may give you an indication on how the package is progressing through their system although such updates aren't guaranteed.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Hey all,

I'm well stocked on juice, so this is not a real big deal either way. But I've noticed some orders that got put in this week haven't been updated with USPS. Is this a tracking problem on their end or is there just a bit of a backup since the team at FSUSA is so nice they won't stop giving us sales!!!

Just curious, anyone else still just getting the "USPS has been notified..blah blah blah" after a few days?

Thanks!

I got an email today saying 3 of my 9 flavors could not be made at this time .....
I know two other people that got the email too.

Very un-cool .... I get a tracking number on Tuesday and then find out 3:30 pm on Thursday that they can't ship my order ??

Not a good start for a first time customer .....

Plus the juice in question is still up on the site for sale ... DOUBLE NOT COOL !!

Stifle

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
San Diego, CA
I got an email today saying 3 of my 9 flavors could not be made at this time .....
I know two other people that got the email too.

Very un-cool .... I get a tracking number on Tuesday and then find out 3:30 pm on Thursday that they can't ship my order ??

Not a good start for a first time customer .....

Plus the juice in question is still up on the site for sale ... DOUBLE NOT COOL !!

Well, I will say that I have had a few other orders through FSUSA and I have not had a single problem with any of them. Whether this is a USPS issue or a slight backlog at FSUSA. I can tell you from experience that neither partner in delivering my juice (FSUSA and USPS) has ever had an issue while delivering my order.

Point being, this seems to be the exception and not the rule!

Stifle

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
San Diego, CA
I've gotten 3 of the click-n-ship notices for my 3 orders, made when they print the label, but none of the actual "it's at the post office for mailing" notices directly from FSUSA, so I assume the label is made, but they haven't actually shipped yet.

Yep, looks like it may just be some back log of orders.

This is what happens when you make juice that is this AWESOME! Everybody wants it!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Please remember that we asked for a sale and we got a great one! It may take a little longer during these sales to process our orders because they do get a ton of orders during a sale. Also remember that all of the juice is hand mixed at the time of order none of the juice is in inventory ready to ship.
We live in a world where almost everything is automated and we have come to expect instant gratification but there are still some things that are hand made to perfection. The quality that we get with fresh hand made juice is worth waiting a few extra days for sure IMO.

I know that David has already mentioned that they are waiting on a flavoring shipment from FlavourArt. FA moved in to a new facilty a few weeks ago and it is taking them a little time to get up to speed. Nothing can really be done about that except to wait, patiently. :)

Stifle

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
San Diego, CA
Well worth the wait!

Very excited for my new flavors!

With FSUSA, you are talking about hand mixed products made to order, from a business that puts a great deal of effort and pride into all of their products. It is likely that a big sale, delayed supply shipments and other factors will throw a bigger hitch in the operation than if was just being mass produced at quantity months in advance.

I much prefer handcrafted products to big-box style things any day of the week. And, FSUSA is a great supplier of handcrafted products at great prices with all of these sales!

Last edited:

Stifle

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
San Diego, CA
Just received my "at the post office for shipping" notice via email.

It should be noted that the total time between order and that notice was less than 48 hours, and that is with 11 different flavors. Unfortunately due to FlavourArts' delayed shipments I had to communicate a substitute order for my french toast and I was the ABSOLUTE LAST order in that big presidents day sale. Then I asked them to combine it with another 5 flavors ordered about 6 hours later.

Overall, I'd say that is pretty darn good! I only questioned it because usually the orders go out INSANELY fast, and even with this order it still got out faster than any other supplier I've used. I just thought it was USPS because I pretty openly distrust any company that ships me stuff :).

div

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2010
So California
mine finally got updated and shipped yesterday. but I also got an email french toast is out....wahhhh. but it's not for me, so I sub tiramisu instead. wasn't sure what else to get for my sis. it's a start.

may have just answered my own question... just got an email that they were out of stock on a flavor in FRENCH TOAST!! But, alas, 30ml of Bubblegum coming instead, that might be the issue.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
mine finally got updated and shipped yesterday. but I also got an email french toast is out....wahhhh. but it's not for me, so I sub tiramisu instead. wasn't sure what else to get for my sis. it's a start.

Hey that Tiramisu is an often overlooked very good flavor! It is a very sweet and strong coffee flavor. It was the cats PJ's when it first came out but it seems that when new flavors come out the oldies but goodies are forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread