Vendor warning from my observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
one of my favorites is when they blame thier ISP for the malware I hear this al the time " I didn't have this problem when I had cable AT&T gave me a virus"

Yeah, it's pretty amazing.

To the OP: My point was - I saw that convo too and they did what I would never do; get in an argument with a customer. I'm sure they don't feel it was one of their better moments and probably regret the whole thing. A lot of people purchase through them without any trouble.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Similar to people complaining about computers and to what Dormouse said, you have a bunch of people that are purchasing something they know nothing about on the internet. We're all pretty much flying blind here. There are no brick and mortar stores near me, and I didn't know anyone else that vaped so we learn as we go. Plus, we're trying to quit smoking. So there is a frustration level you probably don't see with other purchases.

At least they're answering questions. How many sites are selling tanks and put up a lame utube video and think that's going to address problems. If it wasn't for this forum and the people here that help, half the people that buy them couldn't use them. But that's a different rant.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I totally agree there are alot of times the customer is just beeing too picky or is at fault. What had me concerned is the "tone" and manner the Gotvapes guys were responding. It just struck me as very unprofessional and put my red flag up.

I have to agree with you that when I read negative reviews the response from the vendor is just as important as the review itself. Sometimes it is the customer that shows true colors and sometimes it is the vendor. It is a very good way to learn who you may or may not want to deal with. IMO if a vendor is not customer oriented they are better off being silent than responding at all :)

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I think you may have mis-read what was meant as humorous comment.

I don't see it as humorous, and I have pretty thick skin, but being new to view their contest threads, seeing this makes me think, he acts in a inmature spoiled manner, putting down your customers, and potential customers, saying he's rich, yada yada yada, you get my point.

He doesn't need my business, but then again he hasn't earned it. This is just my 2 cents but wanted to elaborate!

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
No doubt that working in customer service and with the public is a hard job. You can't please everyone all of the time and things can and do go wrong no matter what someone does. Anyone that has been vaping for any amount of time knows that there are vaping products that simply suck sometimes. How a vendor handles those difficult moments speaks volumes about themselves and their company. I totally agree that watching how vendors deal with those difficult moments is a great way for me to see if its a vendor I wish to do business with or not.

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
the "loser" thing u are talking about is a on going joke in the contests to let us know we haven't picked the right answer yet! just a joke! has nothing to do with gotvapes web site or personal business! all of us that normally play in his contests know this is for fun and not meant to be mean in any way!!!
I need to add on this, I went to their subforum to gain some insight on items to purchase for one of their customers, as I've not ever ordered from them.

I agree that some items should be labeled for experienced vapers, however calling their participants in their own contest "losers" and some other comments from the partner, I found this is not a place I want to order from.

Business, like respect, is earned not a given

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I've only had one bad experience with a vendor that I won't mention and the issue was never resolved. It pertained to a very leaky package. One person spoke to me very professional while the owner...well...he was just the opposite. I finally gave up and gave the juices away after all the frustration. Simply put, I'll never deal with them again.

On the other hand, I've bought from GotVapes a couple of times but if I can find what I want from another vendor, I'll buy from them. I don't like the fact that GotVapes is a newbie trap. Most of their products are for a more advanced user and the stuff they sell doesn't work right out of the box. I had an encounter with one of the men simply because I asked a question that got everyone's attention in the thread (I had already used the product so I knew what I was talking about). Consequently I got all of my posts deleted because they didn't like the fact that I was pointing out how to fix the downfalls of a certain product...I also bashed the manufacturer not GotVapes. A week later, after this happened, they announced that they were no longer dealing with that manufacturer. So why did they delete my posts? Simple, I was right and they got the complaints once others saw the problems. Never once did I get an apology which I wasn't wanting anyway. My point to this is, why not just answer my question instead of deleting my posts? I've never had a vendor do this to me and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

AmandaMarie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Modesto,CA
the "loser" thing u are talking about is a on going joke in the contests to let us know we haven't picked the right answer yet! just a joke! has nothing to do with gotvapes web site or personal business! all of us that normally play in his contests know this is for fun and not meant to be mean in any way!!!
Yes it is a joke:)
vchick,I am a "loser" because I have not guessed right YET :) I am happy the people in the company are so involved with us that we can have this kind of sibling rivalry relationship!

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
Gotvapes is my go-to hardware vendor, and I've been very happy with their products and their service. The one time I did have a problem (and maybe even not all their fault), they responded to my email almost immediately and resolved the issue to my satisfaction.

Taking a teasing joke from a contest thread (nice contest, too) and using it to bad-mouth a vendor that you have no experience with seems awfully petty.

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
Just to clarify myself (the OP) have only "bad mouthed" what i read gotvapes say from the vendor review posts. The individual discussing the Contest issue may have more direct experiance with them. My intent was to bring to light the fact I chose not to do buisness with them Becouse of the way they handled unhappy customers. I dont want to be that guy that dose have a problem with an order dealing with customer service like that. I also didnt want any new vapors to depend on somone to help them sort out whatever trouble they are having with an unreliable customer service team. I do Encourage others both with positive and negitive customer service experiance with them to be free with there stories. I just want to be sure my own intent was clear for the life of this thread.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
That happened to me in a vendor thread (not got vapes) and I did not like it one bit. I agree with you- very bad form to delete posts.

I thought it was also. I wasn't bashing GotVapes...I simply pointed something out and asked a question but it got too much attention by newer folks who in turn started asking questions. The only bashing, which was only a light bashing, was at the manufacturer.

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
yet again, I am wondering why people are still on cartos ?!?!!? it's all about the tank system, financially speaking, and why bother with that cotton wool stuff when you got direct liquid to atty technology out there ?

what are the benefits of a cartomizer compared to a tank ? please enlighten me

No leaking all over the place, and not having to constantly drip, that's why i use cartos instead of attys, i haven't found a tank that works well with attys yet, and i've been vaping for 3 years.

About Gotvapes.... most of their products are just quick flippers to get the cash and move onto the next revision / product, nothing sticks around much on there, and if the guinea pigs who buy into all that stuff all the time like it, then that's good for them, but i like to buy products that are tried and tested to hold up (like boge cartos)

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
My reason for posting the thread wasent about issues or customer complaints. It was how i percieved them talking to there customers in the threads. It was very unprofessional. Im sure i could order several times with no problems. but i wont becouse IF there was an issue i cant trust these guys to resolve it based on how ive seen them speak to there customers in public forums.
The reason for posting this thread is based on perception. Based on my perception of you I could say you're looking to boost your post count or possibly just like to complain for the sake of complaining. Is it true? Maybe not, I don't know you therefore I can't judge you based on a couple posts. The point is, you can't judge something you have no experience with.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I'm not a fan of tanks. I think they mute the flavor of your juice and they're inconsistent. Many people have leaks and many get that awful dry vape from the tank not wicking quickly enough. Trying to adjust the wick is like giving a vasectomy to a flea. And if you do happen to get an OK vape, the atty dies the next day.

Just like some of the clearomizers aren't the greatest option for new people, I don't think tanks are either. Unless you have super duper eyesight. But, that's just me. When they work well, I liked them. You just need to fiddle with them too much.

Crankyfuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
I think I read the posts in question from Gotvapes and I have to say after reading them I decided that I would never ever purchase from them either. I found the posts from the vendor to be extremely unprofessional and unbecoming of a business owner. I worked in customer service and upper management for over ten years and dealt with many a customer complaint and it is true you cannot always make a customer happy no matter what you do. However, I know for a fact if I had ever spoken to a customer that way I would have been immediately fired. The general rule for dealing with that type of customer is to kill them with kindness and smile and nod not bash them verbally.

Edit: I want to add that if you are a happy and satisfied customer from Gotvapes I am happy for you, but seeing how they talk to people I know I have other fantastic options out there and I as a consumer are going to exercise those options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread