Vivi nova 2.5 fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

louis1

May 26, 2011
uk
Hi

so i received by new vivi nova 2.5 tank from a popular vendor in the Uk

its leaking pretty bad, constant burnt tastes and weird oily taste. I even sent a vid to the vendor and they are kindly sending out a replacement.

however, they have such good reviews so i have checked some videos on fakes, and mine seems to tick the boxes but im not sure.. Is there any clear way of knowing.

1st. The box is not the vision vivi nova box. Its branded with the vendors name and does not say vision anywhere.
2nd The vivi nova comes with spare heads, these are in bags, not plastic condoms. Which ive heard is a sign.
3rd. The just awful performance of this thing is beyond anything I've ever tried. Im truly done with wick clearomizers now, i just hate them. The tank only came with one spare head, an empty space where the third should be, i guess the vendor just takes that out :-(

i dont understand why the box would not be a vivi nova box??

Anyway if anyone can help me on this matter.

kind regards

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The one on the left with the pin on top is a SmokTech Vivi Nova clone of the Vision. In the past few months other Vivi clones have begun appearing without the pin.

ST-Vivi.jpg

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Sounds suspicious to me.

PM me and I'll tell you what I know.

The Vision box is easy to spot, with a red "flash on the "V" for Vision. (These might be copied now of course)
The box should contain 2 replacements in carto condoms.
The heads should look like the right hand one in Vapoor eye's picture.

I only ever bought one clone (by accident). It killed my Riva battery. Stone-cold bust it. :(

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings Louis1; I had the same thing happen to me, I bought what I thought was a genuine Vivi Nova online, and it turned out to be a knock-off. I went back to check the website and, sure enough, the item was called a Vivi Nova, but not an Anyvape VN. Live and learn, right?

The kicker is, when I bought genuine VN replacement heads, they didn't fit the knock off, which is how I learned that I had a knock off. The bright side of this is that the lesson was a fairly inexpensive one; now I make sure I 100% know what i'm getting before I buy.

Vapoor nailed it with his picture, btw, that hat at the top is a good identifier.

FWIW there are some places where you can buy aftermarket dual coil replacement heads for the Vivi Nova, but they only fit the genuine ones. They're pretty cool.

-- Glenn

louis1

May 26, 2011
uk
Thanks guys, thanks for the picture.. Yep its a fake. I got the one with the posts sticking out.

I knew it was fake, from the performance, the heads, and the vendor marked box.. Ive even emailed pictures to vision so they can confirm.

Ive checked the vendors website and they don't mention the word "vision" anywhere so they have covered themselves there and theyve been kind in sending me a replacement with out sending the bad one back.

But i feel a little hoodwinked, they should clearly state these are knockoffs of the vision version.

This is really well know vendor to, thanks for your help.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks guys, thanks for the picture.. Yep its a fake. I got the one with the posts sticking out.

I knew it was fake, from the performance, the heads, and the vendor marked box.. Ive even emailed pictures to vision so they can confirm.

Ive checked the vendors website and they don't mention the word "vision" anywhere so they have covered themselves there and theyve been kind in sending me a replacement with out sending the bad one back.

But i feel a little hoodwinked, they should clearly state these are knockoffs of the vision version.

This is really well know vendor to, thanks for your help.

Understand there are clones out there that perform just as well as the genuine so we can't really paint everything with a wide brush IMO. It's about knowing the products and/ or asking others.
Brands...I have no brand loyalty- some brands have great products and absolutely garbage products. Example- SmokTech- hate their Vivi Novas but really like their batts and cartos.

louis1

May 26, 2011
uk
Understand there are clones out there that perform just as well as the genuine so we can't really paint everything with a wide brush IMO. It's about knowing the products and/ or asking others.
Brands...I have no brand loyalty- some brands have great products and absolutely garbage products. Example- SmokTech- hate their Vivi Novas but really like their batts and cartos.

Yeah I've got some of there dual coil cartos, really nice vape.

I feel its just a little dishonest of them. I never would of brought it i had known it wasn't vision, i know that doesnt always mean bad, but in this case it does.

I am making the biggest order in the history of vaping early jan. They just lost it

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yeah I've got some of there dual coil cartos, really nice vape.

I feel its just a little dishonest of them. I never would of brought it i had known it wasn't vision, i know that doesnt always mean bad, but in this case it does.

I am making the biggest order in the history of vaping early jan. They just lost it

Blame it on the Chinese that manufacture/ release vape gear. They break patent laws without a second thought and original ownership of a device or name means absolutely nothing to them. What really bugs me is when a N. American, UK or European Vendor renames a product to try and hide its true origin/ manufacturer. Makes it much tougher to compare prices and the true origin of the product.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
genuine vision products should have a v etched into the base strip on the tank.
I've had problems with replacement heads also.sometimes you have to swap out the center
pins due to length issues. should work fine.i think sometimes they grab the wrong part
at the supplier end.
I've found that if a vendor has a legitimate branded product there pictures are a
high enough quality to show it.other wise call and ask.
china doesn't have copy right laws so if it looks like a vision they call it a vision.
same with iclear and ego and the rest.thats why there is so much confusion.

regards
mike

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
I own both vision and smoktech vivi nova's, both work well for me. Like vapor eyes er said each company has their ups and downs in their product line. for me any vivi nova works and if it doesnt i just rebuild it to make it better. on the other hand dcc's was the headache for me. boge was the only brand that would keep up with my vaping habits. smoktech's were the exact opposite for me.

I always check to see if there are several branded versions and look at reviews of each brand before i purchase anything. once i know which brand im looking for i make sure the pictures match up and the description lines up as well as name. The company you purchased from wasnt deceitful at all. They never guaranteed vision branding, just that they are selling vivi nova's. The same thing happened 2 years ago with the lavatube. You had the volcano brand, who were the originals, and then china went and made several spin-offs of them. It was easier to tell if it was the original or clone because volcano owned the rights to the name lavatube, so other companies had to rename them.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
genuine vision products should have a v etched into the base strip on the tank.
I've had problems with replacement heads also.sometimes you have to swap out the center
pins due to length issues. should work fine.i think sometimes they grab the wrong part
at the supplier end.
I've found that if a vendor has a legitimate branded product there pictures are a
high enough quality to show it.other wise call and ask.
china doesn't have copy right laws so if it looks like a vision they call it a vision.
same with iclear and ego and the rest.thats why there is so much confusion.

regards
mike

Sure they do. Just check out the New Balance patent infringement case. The Chinese vape industry may say they're ready to protect their "patents" but no one is willing to step forward cuz the vast majority of them are knowingly infringing on other products and they fear one successful case may set a precedent.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

I have a phobia for smok clearos. It's that bad... The electric blue ARO is a part of an ongoing nightmare.
BUT - what have I just been puffing on? a Smok SID. (with Kanger tank). That's Kanger spelt k.a.n.g.e.r. not s.m.o.k. :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I have a phobia for smok clearos. It's that bad... The electric blue ARO is a part of an ongoing nightmare.
BUT - what have I just been puffing on? a Smok SID. (with Kanger tank). That's Kanger spelt k.a.n.g.e.r. not s.m.o.k. :)

A clarification. LOVE the eGo style SmokTech batts. They and SLB (Kgo) were the first to manufacture a 3.7 volt eGo style PV. Same with Cars- LOVE Ford trucks and Full size luxury Mercury but HATE the small Fords. Driving a 2000 Merc in Mint condition with 150K and my Mechanic tells me she's good for at least another 200- 300K before needing major repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread