Vegetable Glycerin From Whole Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
Wire can be pretty cheap. I would suggest getting some 26 gauge or even 28g if you want to get your resistance higher. Mix it with the 24g or use more strands of the thinner wire. And flat wire.
Small warning with 24g, since it's thick it can be a little harder to work with, springier, harder to get a small tight coil.

Sorry I meant to say 32g wire ill be fine making different types of coils with but I'm currently just using 24g to vape

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
Oh, I almost forgot... hand sanitizer is just ethyl alcohol and VG (doesn't take much VG) and that non USP is fine for that.

Ok so i just went to the Walgreens & Shaw's Super Market and checked out all of the hand sanitizers they both had, which was quite a few different brands. A lot of them do have glycerin and they also have propylene glycol but theres a bunch of other stuff that are very harmful when ingested, so i definitely wouldn't recommend anyone use "Hand Sanitizer as a Quick fix" when your out of VG and/or PG. I was hopeful but nope a tear in the eye lmao

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
This is the only type of wire build I talk about, cause it's all I've been doing for a while, but one thing you could do without much trouble or cost is twisted wire with a flat wire and round wire, or even 2 round wires (or more than two :) But I don't know if anything like that would be good for you to use, I'm not familiar with those setups.
Flat wire brings it with flavor, and twisting it with another wire creates a lot of surface area to vaporize juice and adds stability to the coil as well. It's easy to do at home, though.

I forgot to ask where can I get the flat wire? Also, I definitely need to pick your brain & skills with this more because I really want to get into building coils so I can find the best one/type for this RPM RBA Coil with flavor & draw.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I forgot to ask where can I get the flat wire? Also, I definitely need to pick your brain & skills with this more because I really want to get into building coils so I can find the best one/type for this RPM RBA Coil with flavor & draw.
I forget where exactly I got the flat wire. Could try Temco which is more a direct from supplier wire place. I likely picked it up from an online vape shop like ElementVape, Eightvape, 101vape. I would stick to the .2x.08 size, but they make smaller flat wire too.
Feel free to ask questions, but there's not much to making twisted wire, and I won't be able to tell you exactly how a mix of wire will ohm out. I generally go for 6 or 7 wraps with 2.5mm inner diameter. But I'm building for dual coils in an airy rta.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Wire can be pretty cheap. I would suggest getting some 26 gauge or even 28g if you want to get your resistance higher. Mix it with the 24g or use more strands of the thinner wire. And flat wire.
Small warning with 24g, since it's thick it can be a little harder to work with, springier, harder to get a small tight coil.
I agree. Twisting 24 ga wire is over kill (fine on it own but for a RBA better off with 26 ga or 28 ga twisted)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Ok so i just went to the Walgreens & Shaw's Super Market and checked out all of the hand sanitizers they both had, which was quite a few different brands. A lot of them do have glycerin and they also have propylene glycol but theres a bunch of other stuff that are very harmful when ingested, so i definitely wouldn't recommend anyone use "Hand Sanitizer as a Quick fix" when your out of VG and/or PG. I was hopeful but nope a tear in the eye lmao
No! I meant if you already have all that VG (but not USP) you could use it to make actual hand sanitizer (maybe I didn't explain that well) It had nothing to do with vaping.

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
The wire is available directly from Temco, or you can use their Amazon store

Resistance Wire - Wire & Cable - Products

Amazon.com : temco wire

Sweet Thanks for the link, I'm definitely going to grab some next week from their Amazon store so I get it faster

No! I meant if you already have all that VG (but not USP) you could use it to make actual hand sanitizer (maybe I didn't explain that well) It had nothing to do with vaping.

Ohh I thought you meant to use it for now lol

I agree. Twisting 24 ga wire is over kill (fine on it own but for a RBA better off with 26 ga or 28 ga twisted)

I said 24 g cause that is what I'm currently Vaping with but I meant 32g wire I'll be able to make a lot of different coils with because of how small it is and on top of how small the RPM RBA coil is, it will be better for me to work with. I had corrected myself but i don't think you saw it

Just bring it back and exchange it for food grade VG if they've got it.

This Whole Foods supermarket doesn't sell VG other than the 1 I posted, I'm just going to make body wash or soap with it so it doesn't go to waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread