Vapor Kings PCC Charge Light Won't Turn Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vaping for about 10 days now without feeling the need to buy a single pack of cigarettes. I'm really satisfied by my Vapor Kings battery and cartomizers in comparison to what is available locally here, but I have a question about my VaporKings PCC.

I have a pair of short KR808D-1 batteries that I bought locally and a Vapor King medium manual regular-sized battery. The short batteries work as expected in the PCC, however when the Vapor Kings manual battery is in the PCC, it appears to randomly charge.

I leave the it in the charger, and at some point the charging light goes off. I figure "okay", and leave the battery in the charger. However, when I later open the case, the charging light is back on. Putting the Vapor Kings battery in USB or wall charger will give me a "charged complete" indicator, so I know that the battery is not drained.

Has anyone else experienced this?

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi 8ball,
This is normal as it is just keeping the battery at full charge. Its a trickle charge and won't harm the battery. My wife asked the same thing from me and its just the way the PCC works. Now, if you left the battery in the charger and the light stayed a red or green (solid) then there might be something wrong with the battery or PCC.
Hope this helpped.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
it's probably the button being pressed. Does it "blink" irregularly when done charging?

The button can be pressed while in the charger. When the charger cuts out when it's done charging, the button re-drains it a tiny bit, and the light comes on for a couple seconds, then goes out, etc.

I don't find this has any serious effect on either the batteries or the PCC.

Hi 8ball,
This is normal as it is just keeping the battery at full charge. Its a trickle charge and won't harm the battery. My wife asked the same thing from me and its just the way the PCC works. Now, if you left the battery in the charger and the light stayed a red or green (solid) then there might be something wrong with the battery or PCC.
Hope this helpped.

That is exactly what it appears to be doing. After posting my original question, I plugged in the PCC and walked away for about 20 minutes. When I came back, the charging light was giving a regular blink every 5 seconds. I was lucky enough to be puttering around the charger when I saw it go back to steady. It stayed steady for about 2 minutes and then went back to blinking.

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
it's probably the button being pressed. Does it "blink" irregularly when done charging?

The button can be pressed while in the charger. When the charger cuts out when it's done charging, the button re-drains it a tiny bit, and the light comes on for a couple seconds, then goes out, etc.

I don't find this has any serious effect on either the batteries or the PCC.

I don't think it's the button. Mine does that and all I use are auto batteries. The red light stays solid. I have to wait until I get home, take the battery out of the PCC, and screw it into the regular wall charger to confirm that it's fully charged. I think it's just a problem with the LED indicator. It's more of a nuisance than a real problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread