Status
Not open for further replies.

lilith79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
MI
I've had my Super Nova 5 months now, and I feel I've had it long enough to give an honest review. For the variable voltage it works wonderfully. This unit got me back off of cigarettes. It fits nicely in my hand. The battery lasts f.o.r.e.v.e.r! The cost is lower than many on the market, or at least it was back when I ordered. But, there are a lot of issues with construction and durability that should be addressed.

The unit I have is #2, as I had to request a replacement in the first month. The first unit had an issue with the atty cap, it came off and the wires were exposed and eventually came off. I was surprised, and concerned that this would be a safety issue. V9 sent a replacement no questions asked.

The first unit's plastic cap came off on the battery end, and I have since glued it on. The second unit has done the same thing in the last week. In both cases the glue appeared to have failed.

Both units have issues with misfiring after depressing the button to vape. When I inquired about it with V9 I was told it is a normal known issue and will go away with time. I would say at this point I have a 5% misfire rate. By misfire, I mean I depress the button and the atty does not fire. FWIW, my SIL ordered a Mini Nova and ended up with a replacement due to misfiring.

The battery charger was misconstructed and I have to have the battery just so in order to get it to charge.

Overall, you get what you pay for. I wish I had more money when I ordered, I would have gone with a higher quality unit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread