Indulgence V3 with AW IMR High Drains

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIC08869

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2011
Orlando
I thought it was important to mention this although I don't know if it is just my unit. Just an FYI, one of the vendors has claimed that the wiring in the Indulgence mod does not support IMR High Drain batteries. This confused the hell out of me but the claim is that they come off the charger considerably stronger than a standard protected battery and that it will melt the wiring. Honestly I thought that this was a bunch of BS and surely if it was an issue it was from stacking 16340s so the other day I elected to stuff one of my 2000 mah AW IMR batteries into it. I put a 1.5 carto on it fired it up.... no response at all and in fact the button stuck like it had never done. I hit the button again, and it released. I made two more attempts, tightening the battery cap, tightening the carto and still got the odd sticking button as well had to hit it each time a second depress to get the button to release. I then took off the cap and accidentally touched the spring on the cap and it singed my skin. The spring was discolored like heated metal. So I let it cool down, stuffed the lipo protected battery that came with the kit back in and it fired perfectly. In short please be careful with this mod, although it has 3 vent holes in the newer model it still lacks any kind of internal safeties with the exception of the collapsable spring.

Neon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Earth
Same thing happened to me using AW's (red ones). I got a misfire, then touched the spring and burned my finger, the spring did collapse but it was scary. I blame it on an adapter I was using because I've used this set up for 4 months now with no issues. That being said, the vendor I got the indulgence from advised me not to screw down that atty too far as it would cause the floating center post to create a short.

Neon

Last edited:

Mr.Bogart

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
Minnesota
I can confirm this, I just fried mine. (Argento from Britvapes with a SB hotspring) with a fresh AW IMR 18650. Good thing I also bought a Legacy!

I thought it was important to mention this although I don't know if it is just my unit. Just an FYI, one of the vendors has claimed that the wiring in the Indulgence mod does not support IMR High Drain batteries. This confused the hell out of me but the claim is that they come off the charger considerably stronger than a standard protected battery and that it will melt the wiring. Honestly I thought that this was a bunch of BS and surely if it was an issue it was from stacking 16340s so the other day I elected to stuff one of my 2000 mah AW IMR batteries into it. I put a 1.5 carto on it fired it up.... no response at all and in fact the button stuck like it had never done. I hit the button again, and it released. I made two more attempts, tightening the battery cap, tightening the carto and still got the odd sticking button as well had to hit it each time a second depress to get the button to release. I then took off the cap and accidentally touched the spring on the cap and it singed my skin. The spring was discolored like heated metal. So I let it cool down, stuffed the lipo protected battery that came with the kit back in and it fired perfectly. In short please be careful with this mod, although it has 3 vent holes in the newer model it still lacks any kind of internal safeties with the exception of the collapsable spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread