Vaping Ni80 metallic taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
For RTA's... Mainly Subtank/TopTank Minis, Serpent Mini's, and the SXK Wine RTA.

They are All 22mm. And All of them can do 3mm 26ga Coils no problem.
My KF V5 mini can handle that build but I think you're pushing it with that build on a subtank mini little RBA that's a lot of coil in a little can haha :D I know it's not hard with tight coils but I don't do those anymore, spaced coils deliver the flavor IMHO.

Reactions: Eskie

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My KF V5 mini can handle that build but I think you're pushing it with that build on a subtank mini little RBA that's a lot of coil in a little can haha :D I know it's not hard with tight coils but I don't do those anymore, spaced coils deliver the flavor IMHO.

They Love it. Kinda the way a Well Tuned car likes a long stretch of Open Highway on a Sunny Day.

LOL

A STM with a 26ga 0.6 Ohm NiChrome 80 build is Campbell's Soup. Um Umm Good!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
At 15 watts, it's actually pretty Mellow. And the Flavor is Very Good.

:)
I'm sure you're right, I figured you had to be well above 10W with 26 Awg to get a decent vape. I'm still going the other way in my KF Mini V3 clone to try to get that great flavor I get from my Myjet pods. I think I've got it figured out, the Myjet pod has a very small airhole and tight draw. A small coil housing area, and produces dense vapor on the tiniest of draws, pod is 31 awg nichrome 7 wrap 1.5mm spaced 1.3 ohm. Tonight I built a 30 Awg SS coil, 2mm 7 wrap spaced, 0.92 ohm in my KF V3 mini. With the air flow screw all the way in, a vape band covering 3 of the 4 air holes, it's giving me my best vape yet in the KF at only 8 to 9W. Dense vapor and flavor. Smooth draw. I'm tearing it up now baby lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm sure you're right, I figured you had to be well above 10W with 26 Awg to get a decent vape. I'm still going the other way in my KF Mini V3 clone to try to get that great flavor I get from my Myjet pods. I think I've got it figured out, the Myjet pod has a very small airhole and tight draw. A small coil housing area, and produces dense vapor on the tiniest of draws, pod is 31 awg nichrome 7 wrap 1.5mm spaced 1.3 ohm. Tonight I built a 30 Awg SS coil, 2mm 7 wrap spaced, 0.92 ohm in my KF V3 mini. With the air flow screw all the way in, a vape band covering 3 of the 4 air holes, it's giving me my best vape yet in the KF at only 8 to 9W. Dense vapor and flavor. Smooth draw. I'm tearing it up now baby lol.

How are you liking your MyJet?

I tried a FITT but the draw was Very Tight. That and it Leaked. I really like the Size of the MyJet. How the draw on it?

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
How are you liking your MyJet?

I tried a FITT but the draw was Very Tight. That and it Leaked. I really like the Size of the MyJet. How the draw on it?
Myjet has a tight draw, like a cigarette (fires as easily too), some folks in the Vape Pod Systems forum say it's tighter than the Fitt. I'm still liking it a lot other than pod costs. I have three now, one for net, one for diy mint, one for charged battery backup. Use them every day for stealth, along with my KF V3 clone. Flavor is excellent until the coil gunks which for me is only two fills then I set aside for rewick but lately just buying pods when I find them on sale. Not for everyone though some get dry hits but I use thinner high pg so not an issue. Require cleaning with a qtip when you change pods other than that and pod wicking high maintenance they've been very reliable. The only other pod system I've tried is the Cync which with the smaller Njoy pods was hit or miss and wouldn't always fire well without sucking dtl.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Myjet has a tight draw, like a cigarette (fires as easily too), some folks in the Vape Pod Systems forum say it's tighter than the Fitt. I'm still liking it a lot other than pod costs. I have three now, one for net, one for diy mint, one for charged battery backup. Use them every day for stealth, along with my KF V3 clone. Flavor is excellent until the coil gunks which for me is only two fills then I set aside for rewick but lately just buying pods when I find them on sale. Not for everyone though some get dry hits but I use thinner high pg so not an issue. Require cleaning with a qtip when you change pods other than that and pod wicking high maintenance they've been very reliable. The only other pod system I've tried is the Cync which with the smaller Njoy pods was hit or miss and wouldn't always fire well without sucking dtl.

Yeah... I have a feeling that the MyJet's draw is going to be Too Tight for me.

It's a shame, because it looks like a Great Pod Mod to carry in a Shirt Pocket while doing Short Trips or Running Errands.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Yeah... I have a feeling that the MyJet's draw is going to be Too Tight for me.

It's a shame, because it looks like a Great Pod Mod to carry in a Shirt Pocket while doing Short Trips or Running Errands.
I toss a couple in my pocket when I run an errand very convienient. Have you tried the My Von Erl? Most here say it's airier than the Myjet.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Have you tried the My Von Erl? Most here say it's airier than the Myjet.

I'll have to check it out.

I have a Kamry X6 Plus in 18350 and a eLeaf iJust 2 Mini. The size with a Serpent Sub Tank or Serpent Alto is Perfect.

But they are just a Tad Too Heavy to carry in a Shirt Pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread