Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Ok, obviously I'm a noob but I'm trying so hard to like vaping! I've been an analog smoker for almost 20 years-Marlboro lights 100's about a pack/day. I first tried gas station ecigs, (worthless), then did a search on better ones and bought the Halo G6. Cartos I got were 18mg Torque. Nice, strong flavor & TH after first 5-7 draws then kinda weak.

Went to a local vape shop and tried out bigger devices w/tanks and clearomizers and realized..this is the way to go!!!! Ordered from Halo Mini Tanks for the G6 and splurged on the Triton 400 mAh. Figured I could alternate and use the G6 for travel, when I'm out to dinner or what have you. Got the Mini Tanks today and was so disappointed!!!! Cafe Mocha in 18 mg, brand new mini tank and it tastes totally burnt, disgusting..awful!!! Not sure if I might have overfilled and can cause this or is Cafe Mocha a crap flavor or what is wrong. I've now tried it about 7 times hoping it will "break in" but it still taste like burnt crap. I love a deep, bold flavor, especially in coffee but this tastes like 3 week old BURNT coffee.

As a side note, my new Triton is smooth, great vapor but the 18mg Torque is almost tasteless compared to the carto I used in the G6?!? I'm so confused! I thought the Triton would burst in flavor versus the carto. Am I completely screwing things up or is this normal? I haven't smoked analogs in 3 weeks and was relying on 4 mg Nicorette gum until I got this vaping down. Now those analogs are calling me back. UGH!!!:mad::confused::( Any help from the experts out there??? Thanks!

onion456

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Houston, TX
i dont know a heck of a lot about Halo gear, so forgive me, but... youre not the first Halo user ive heard with this issue.

when i was first searching for an ecig, i ran across Halo and did consider it, but the reason i didnt was because i didnt want to have to rely on one company to get my gear. i wanted something that was pretty generic across the board, and as customizable as possible.

i found the ego-c twist, and the reason i think its important is because the voltage is adjustable on the twist. the burnt taste you are getting is just a symptom of too much wattage on a coil, its burning too hot. either your coil's resistance is too low, or your battery voltage is too high. with the Twist, you can adjust your voltage, just turn it down in this case. on your Halo gear, you cant, or it appears that you cant from what i can see on thier website. please correct me if im wrong.

i guess it could also be that your carto isnt feeding juice to the coil fast enough. the juice keeps the coil cooler than it would be if there were no juice. you might try a new coil but...

i hate to tell you to drop more money into this, but if you do, i wouldnt spend it at Halo =P

what did you try at the vape shop?

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm not experienced with Halo products, but I agree with Onion on this. It sounds like either you are putting to much power to the coil and burning it, or your juice isn't reaching the coil fast enough and you are burning the wick. Do you know the PG/VG mix on your juice? Your voltage, and resistance on your coil?

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Okay. If I read this correctly, you had not vaped Cafe Mocha before the mini-tank -- both are new to you. Also, you had previously only purchased the prefilled cartos with the G6 with Torque56 in them, and have not filled your own previously.

When filling a carto or mini-tank/tank, you need to let it sit a few minutes before vaping, to let it be absorbed by the material, be they wicks or carto-filler.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Thx so much for replying to me. First, to Ben, I'm using the Triton w/the tanks that came with it in the starter kit and i am using the Mini Tanks for the G6 from Halo on the G6. I didn't swap them up. I went ahead and cleaned out the mini tank w/the Cafe Mocha that was in it. It literally was making me gag every time I tried it. I honestly feel its a bad batch. It smells horrible in the sample bottle too.

As far as equipment, Margate..whatever you're asking me sounds like French! LOLOLOL I have no idea what ur saying. But, it is a top coil so maybe it is burning the wick? But i filled it up to the point i thought i overfilled.

And onion, I think ur dead on. I'm thinking Halo is known for their juices, maybe not so much for their hardware. At the vape shop I don't even know what it was that I tried. It was pretty large and the tank on it was really big. Ok, that was a very novice, sad description. I was worried about buying something not USA made and I was scared to buy anything that was a "mod" (i dont even kno what a mod is besides modification) because of all those stories of them blowing up. I know that sounds stupid but just made me a bit nervous.

I'm willing to buy a whole new kit cuz it's worth it to me to give this 100% chance. I HAVE to get off analogs! I had HUGE hopes this was going to do the trick for me after countless times trying to quit analogs. I'm not giving up on this yet, but DAMN this is a lot of work!

Moogle

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Portland, OR
Been there, done that. Tastes like vaping burnt paper. Just have a viable setup available so you don't get too frustrated or worse yet go back to the analogs. There's a learning curve to everything. Best to learn that sooner than later. The upfront costs are high but compared to smoking they are miniscule in the long run both in heath and cash. You'll get the answers you need here for sure!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Thx Jefsview. You're correct on all comments u made. Prefilled carto Torque 18mg was my first "flavor". Then went to tanks and my first fill and 1st time trying Cafe Mocha. I didn't let it sit when I first tried them both. I did wait and kept trying Cafe Mocha for over an hour-tasted like crap from first draw to the last that i did over an hour later before i rinsed it out..I mean complete nasty burnt taste that I could not take any more.

The Triton w/the Torque 18mg is a nice vape and smooth but not the punch and flavor like I got from the pre filled carto which surprised me. I thought flavor/punch would be stronger with a wick versus a polyfill.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
If it's a new bottle, let theMocha sit overnight, cap off. Some juices, especially samplers, need time to steep (i.e. blend) before you use them.

If you're relatively new to vaping (~2 weeks), you might be experiencing changes to how you taste things. If that's the case for you, you'll be on the hunt for another flavor. You know you're there, when that analog tastes like an ashtray.

Keep vaping that Triton tank; the flavor will come through after a few draws. Yeah, it doesn't taste all that different than a carto, but you can suck on it a lot harder ;) .

Last edited:

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
If I may offer a suggestion; my wife had experiences similar to you when she started and with all my "help" she only seemed to become more disinterested. So I bought her a Ego twist and charger, set it a 4 volts and equipped it with an I clear 16 (1.6ml) clearomiser,which I really like. The $ investment is low. I had her read the new user sticky on how to smoke an ecig and she was off and running

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
LOL thx Ben so much! I will keep the Mocha cap open. I hope I can even force myself to try it again..it seriously has scarred me! And now I realize why only noobs try and get tobacco flavors. Still jones'in for an analog and that taste but can't find it. That's why I was so hoping Cafe Mocha would have done the trick...something different.

I!ll keep vaping the Torque 56. And heading to a local vape shop 2morrow to buy maybe 20 different flavors. There's gotta b something to get me thru this withdraw!!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Before filling your tank, make certain you SHAKE THE BOTTLE, and then fill. That mixes the components since sometimes the ingredients will settle and not delivery the nicotine or taste that you're looking for.

Also, there are a few great Triton Tank videos on Youtube. SmokenJoey walks you through filling and priming the tanks even.

Cafe Mocha gets mixed reviews. Some folks like it, some hate it. Torque56 is a solid analog replacement. That's what I began with on my triton Tanks 4 months ago. Now I'm loving Voodoo and Southern Classic, and not so much the analog replacement flavors. But I still use my Triton Tanks daily.

And yes, there is a learning curve. Hopefully you bought a few of the mini-tanks. They are disposable. But I had a few burnt hits and they still rinse out well for what they are :) I use the minis to test new flavors.

Also, if you had rinsed out the tanks before you filled, allow them to dry completely. Sometimes they vape a little light after rinsing and take a few mils of juice before it comes back to full strength.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Ok, obviously I'm a noob but I'm trying so hard to like vaping! I've been an analog smoker for almost 20 years-Marlboro lights 100's about a pack/day. I first tried gas station ecigs, (worthless), then did a search on better ones and bought the Halo G6. Cartos I got were 18mg Torque. Nice, strong flavor & TH after first 5-7 draws then kinda weak.

Went to a local vape shop and tried out bigger devices w/tanks and clearomizers and realized..this is the way to go!!!! Ordered from Halo Mini Tanks for the G6 and splurged on the Triton 400 mAh. Figured I could alternate and use the G6 for travel, when I'm out to dinner or what have you. Got the Mini Tanks today and was so disappointed!!!! Cafe Mocha in 18 mg, brand new mini tank and it tastes totally burnt, disgusting..awful!!! Not sure if I might have overfilled and can cause this or is Cafe Mocha a crap flavor or what is wrong. I've now tried it about 7 times hoping it will "break in" but it still taste like burnt crap. I love a deep, bold flavor, especially in coffee but this tastes like 3 week old BURNT coffee.

As a side note, my new Triton is smooth, great vapor but the 18mg Torque is almost tasteless compared to the carto I used in the G6?!? I'm so confused! I thought the Triton would burst in flavor versus the carto. Am I completely screwing things up or is this normal? I haven't smoked analogs in 3 weeks and was relying on 4 mg Nicorette gum until I got this vaping down. Now those analogs are calling me back. UGH!!!:mad::confused::( Any help from the experts out there??? Thanks!

Sounds like you have spent a lot of money. I am sorry that your equipment is failing you and not performing to your expectations. However there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Get you a 1000mah EGO-C battery, a couple of EGO Kanger EVODs, a 2 pack of 5 1.8ohms or 2.4ohms Atomizers. Then go to either The Vapor Room.net | Vaporize Nicotine | E Cig Atomizers or Mr Vape Inc. Electronic Cigarettes and order your juices. The vapor room will give you a 15ml bottle of your choice of juice for free with your first order. Right now Mr. Vape has a deal of 2 30ml bottles of juice (excluding their premiums) for 17.99 plus with every order you get a 3ml sample of your choice.

Right now I am vaping with a 1000mah EGO-C battery (am giving my Evic a break) with a EVOD tube with 1.8 Atomizer and have 50/50 pg/vg Peaches and Cream from The Vapor Room and I am very pleased..

I was a 2 PAD smoker of Marlboro Lights and I was vaping USA Reds from The Vapor Room earlier today and was amazed at how close it tasted to the Marlboro taste....

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
I picked up one of those metallic coffee filter thingies, so I can dunk the disassembled tank in near-boiling hot water. I use a can of compressed air to dry it, then let it dry overnight (most of the time :D ). Of course I clean them by hand first (gets most of the old juice off). The atomizer gets taken apart, in its 4 pieces.

I haven't tried my ultrasonic cleaner, yet.

Last edited:

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA

I!ll keep vaping the Torque 56. And heading to a local vape shop 2morrow to buy maybe 20 different flavors. There's gotta b something to get me thru this withdraw!!
I assume you've figured out what nicotine level works for you?

Either way, whatever nic level you get, you can mix it with the same flavor at a different nic level (i.e. lower) and dial in what works for you (pre-mix in a spare bottle, and shake well). For the first two weeks though, vape all you want.

Later, you can start to lower the nic, and/or try different nic levels throughout the day (you'll need more tanks :D ). I rotate between 3 diff nic levels through a day now. Strongest in the morning and after meals, and a 0 nic for when I feel like chain-vaping.

You can also try different flavors for different time of day, or week; I got three more tanks for that :D

I use G6 cartos on my Triton battery, when I need something small and discrete.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Personally I found Cafe Mocha about unvapeble. I mixed mine with mostly Belgian Cocoa and it was much better. But I could not take it straight. Halo has alot of great flavors but Cafe Mocha is not one in my book. LOL Also cartos for me give better flavor than clearos, clearos are the G6 mini size and the Triton size bigger clearos. I use both G6 cartos and Triton clearos. Triton clearos (tanks they call them) are my fav clearo right now, not perfect, but work pretty well. But I use cartos way more than clearos. Cartos once filled, I keep mine vape ready by adding 3 drops juice after each ten puffs, works great. Have fun! bnrk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread