Looking at Halo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've spent the day lurking, looking at reviews, and checking sites to find an ecig that I want to get. I think I've settled on wanting either a Halo G6 or a Halo Triton.

To provide a little background, I currently am smoking only about 2 packs of newports a week.

At first I thought I wanted a G6 because I liked the look of the cigalikes, and it seemed to be really simple to assemble/use. After reading reviews about how the batteries don't last very long, and that they're not that awful good in general. That was when I started looking at the Triton Tank system. If I go ahead with the G6, I'd get the starter pack. I don't like the look of the starter kit for the Triton, so I went and looked at the prices for the components. I'm thinking of getting 2 900 mAh batteries, 2 tanks, the USB and wall charger, and a 7 ml bottle of 18mg/ml Torque56.

Now, my only problem with the Triton Tank system is that it costs nearly twice as much as the G6 pack, but I also don't want to spend money on the G6 and realize it doesn't work well for me, meaning I wasted the money for it and I have to go somewhere else. I also prefer the look of the G6, but I can get over that if the Triton works good for me. So any advise on which to choose, or even suggestions on better alternatives?

Tl;dr - 2 pack a week smoker deciding between Halo G6 and Halo Triton

MissLiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Colorado
I vapped a cig like, Blu for over a year untill a friend got me a cheap ego that died a day later. I bought the starter pack of Halo's Triton like 3 weeks ago I think. So far I love it, I decided to go with this particular set up from reviews. The larger size is something new to get used to, but the battery life and the quality of vape is soooo much better than I ever got from the Blu's. When I ordered I got a sample pack of their flavors, my fave was the Tribeca.
Hope that helps, always ask more questions. The people in this forum are awesome and super helpful!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
The Triton system is a good set-up. It was my first ego kit, and I have been very happy with it. I was a 2 PAD smoker of full flavor regulars, and the Triton kit saved me from ever wanting to go back to smoking. Before I got the Triton, I was using FINs. Night and day difference.

I can't speak of the G6, but those that have it have been satisfied.

The Triton batteries last longer for me, a heavy vaper, and usually last longer than advertised even. The 650mAh usually last me a good 8 or 9 hours, and my 1300 mAh battery lasts me all day. The T2 style tanks deliver a medium-tight draw and warm vaper, very much like smoking a cigarette. The combination of the Triton Battery and the Triton tanks works very well together, and that is how they are designed. These ego-style batteries are regulated around 4.2 volts, while the average ego is about 3.7.

The Torque is a slightly sweet regular tobacco flavor, and is very satisfying. But there is no menthol.

The Triton Tank system does offer exceptional performance for its class, and I do recommend it. It kept me off of smoking, and delivered me from cigarettes, even under high stress moments. Very satisfying.

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO
The G6 is great for its size. Go with the triton though if you willing to hold something a bit bigger. I'd also suggest getting the Triton VV battery now that it is back in stock. If you want to keep a slim profile in it, their mini tanks are great, and they make the best cartos I've seen, and both work on the Triton. If suggest a sampler pack of the liquids though if you haven't tried some already, and you are going to want more than 7ml.

The G6 is great for its size. Go with the triton though if you willing to hold something a bit bigger. I'd also suggest getting the Triton VV battery now that it is back in stock. If you want to keep a slim profile in it, their mini tanks are great, and they make the best cartos I've seen, and both work on the Triton. If suggest a sampler pack of the liquids though if you haven't tried some already, and you are going to want more than 7ml.

Pretty much all of this.

I started with the G-6 starter kit and have since moved to the Tritons.

The only drawback I have found to the Halo system are the 808 threads. Most everything available at the local stores is for the 510 threads. I was able to get an 808 to 510 adapter and a couple of tanks locally to get me through until I got my order for new tanks from Halo in. And really, it is only a drawback if you did not think ahead when you made your order to get a few extra backup tanks. :)

My only problem with the VV battery is that they cost nearly twice as much. How much better are they, and why? Since I don't have a job currently, I'm trying to keep my initial costs low since while I don't have any bills to pay or expenses coming up, I'd rather conserve money until I can get a job.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I quit with Halo G6's and I have the Triton, plus a host of other PV's including a Provari. For every day grab and go you really can't beat the Triton. The clearos (Triton Tank) works well and is my favorite clearo right now. I mostly use the G6 cartos tho because for me cartos are just main stays for me, very reliable. Teh Triton batts perfom well and are small in size for their mah compared to other ego types. I just got the Triton twist so will see how it compares to the ego twist, I have quite a few of those too.
As for getting G6's and Triton, you always need a back up, G6's for me helped the cig like smoking ritual better. So what ever works! bnrk

wgstewa

Jan 8, 2012
IL
Ok I haven't been posting a lot, but I just received my G6. About a year and a half ago, I started with a mall brand tececig and it worked ok and their lifetime battery warranty is outstanding. Unfortunately, it just wasn't really cutting it for me and the vapor production left a lot to be desired. I switched to a blu kit because I found a good deal. The cost was catching up for me though and I was running through a carto every day sometimes 2 per day (especially with all the defective ones), so I bit the bullet and bought the g6 kit. I just received i today and I can tell you that you can't go wrong with it, although with the clearos, I have run through .5 ml of juice in the hour I've been home and the vapor production isn't what I expected. Either my battery didn't get the full charge, or I'm just expecting more from it, but it seems like it's burning through juice fast already (maybe I'm just not used to it). I can tell you the flavors are great and it is going to work in the end. I have a triton on order that will be here by Friday so I'm looking forward to getting a side by side comparison and I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake. I figured I'd use the triton at home and the g6 when I'm out and at work since it's easier to keep on me. For me, I planned on getting both from the start, but had to wait for the triton's to come back in stock. I don't think you'll be disappointed either way, but getting both seems like a great option if you're willing to front the cost (which is very reasonable considering other kits out there and the reviews have been nothing but great on both of them). Hopefully when my 2nd battery is charged in the morning I can get a better feel for how the g6 will work overall. The juices on the other hand, I've tried just the cocoa (carto) and the sub zero (in my clearo) and it's a hell of a lot better than anything I've tried in the past. For the money, you can't ask for better and quality based on reviews is top notch. Good luck to you!

kpmeth

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2013
SoCal
I'm surprised that some respected vape shop in my area has no idea about Halo Tritons.

I am also new to vaping scene and searched and searched for right device to start with and Halo Triton caught my eyes.

I have call like 4 places and no one knew what it was. Only closed answer I got was from this shop called 'The Vapor Loft' in Orange CA.

Well known shop said " You mean Halo Tribeca?"

I don't think the Tritons are well advertised yet but there are some good reviews about it.

But if I was you, I will stay away from it because most of parts that you can play with later on won't fit on Halo Triton (non-510).

Trust me. Start with eGo-v (Joyetech Brand) and some cartomizers with good juices like RY4s (freakin' awesome tobacco flavors)

Then you move up to the MODs....like I did today. (Been spent around $300 since last Friday..)

Da300Mann

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Benton, Arkansas, United States
I too started with smaller batteries, like the store bought, then moved my way up to the larger ego style batteries (1100-1300mah). After vaping on those for a while, I wanted more vapor, more power and larger capacity than a little carto or small clearo.

After a while, you stop worrying about what people think about you vaping, and the size of your devices, and start thinking more about the longer battery life, better performance, and larger liquid/juice capacity.

My setup now, after moving on, is a large 5ml carto tank, with punched XL Boges, but yet again, I'm ready to move forward. I'm not really looking for a larger tank, but just better flavor and overall vapor. I'm now looking into a Genesis style atty, and a good mechanical mod.

As you vape, you keep progressing and start to love ALL things vapor.

As a 25+ year ex smoker, I can say I have never felt better in the last three years after quitting. So no matter what path you take from here, just keep vaping and NEVER look at cigarettes again!

rodjar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
I'm on day 15 of no smoking using the g6 starter kit. I was smoking apad winston ultra lights and I am now going through about two cartos of 12mg a day using one 78 mm battery.
Everyone is different, but for me, right now, the g6 is working.

I did just get in some of their mini tanks though since i thought those might be easier to try new flavors.

good luck!

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
My only problem with the VV battery is that they cost nearly twice as much. How much better are they, and why? Since I don't have a job currently, I'm trying to keep my initial costs low since while I don't have any bills to pay or expenses coming up, I'd rather conserve money until I can get a job.

Without variable voltage you cannot "vary the voltage." In other words, you cannot adjust the vape, other than by changing the resistance to try to match the output of the battery. I believe the Triton battery has a 4.2 volt output (+/-). On the Halo website, the Triton VV is $29.95. You can find similar twists and spinners for less, and spinners with more mAH. The standard Halo battery at 1300 mAh is $19.99, so the VV is $10 more, and way worth it, imho. Being able to dial in your juice for the best vape is where it's at, isn't it?

I noticed the tank is basically a T2 top coil, the replacement heads at $2.50 each, a bit high. Evod heads are $.90 each in the 5 pack from Fasttech with free shipping. So this is a basic ego and T2 setup, perfect starter kit. The juices at $20 for 30 ml is also a little high I thought. The starter kits do not provide a Twist combo, and for $65, also seems a little pricey. The standard MVS kit frequently recommended here is going to give you twist/spinner batteries and a choice of toppers for $69.95, a better deal imho.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

Don't get me wrong, I like the Halo a lot. One of the best kits out there, particularly as an entry level ego kit. I still like my bottom coil clearomizers though, preferring them over the T2 top coils. Given replacement head costs which look proprietary, it's going to cost more in both the short and the long run to go Halo. Looks very much like a quality product at retail pricing. I can definitely recommend it, given their 30 day money back guarantee. I think it will work nicely for you...my :2c:. Welcome and Vape On!

Da300Mann

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Benton, Arkansas, United States
I got into vaping to quit smoking and save money... well, I'm not smoking!

Vaping is an expression for some, we just can't stop buying new juices and toys!

I've dropped about $300 so far on my new setup, Super-T ELA (with extended kick tube), kick (for my cartos), Smoktech RSST, Orbronic 2900 batteries, wire and mesh. This will be my first high dollar mod, but I'm sure, not my last! I have a cheaper VV, but I'm not real happy with it, so I'm sure, I'll be replacing it soon too!

I may be divorced, at the rate I'm going, but at least I'll have nice toys! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread