Vaping & Family Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenJen101

May 8, 2013
Puyallup, WA
But she knew you had an addictive personality when she married you.....I just hope she is glad that you will be around a whole lot longer now that you vape.

I never realized just how concerned my people were until I made the switch. And now that I can smell, I also realize just how much they put up with me smelling like an ashtray when I smoked. That in itself says a whole lot.

:)
I also never exactly realized how concerned my family & friends were until I switched completely to vaping over 4yrs ago. Isn't it nice finally being able to smell? The only thing is now I can smell someone smoking a cigarette a mile away. About 6 months after I switched I went through my closet & found a suitcase I had put a bunch of my extra handbags in. I almost heaved when I opened it & took a whiff. I still can't believe I couldn't smell that not only me, but pretty much everything I owned reeked like an ashtray. YUCK!

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Doesn't matter to me if i got the support or not, i knew this was something i needed to do regardless of how they felt. My adult daughter is pregnant and instead of vaping she keeps fighting to get off the cigs, because she saw negative reports about ecips and not sure it's safe to do so while pregnant, yet she keeps fighting to not light up a cig...face palm!!! I have given her nice vap pens i have offered to buy her a nicer vape setup, nope has concerns about vaping opposed to cigs. It's like looking at someone's forehead and seeing a flat line indicating no brain activity written across their forehead.

Reactions: JenJen101

JenJen101

May 8, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Doesn't matter to me if i got the support or not, i knew this was something i needed to do regardless of how they felt. My adult daughter is pregnant and instead of vaping she keeps fighting to get off the cigs, because she saw negative reports about ecips and not sure it's safe to do so while pregnant, yet she keeps fighting to not light up a cig...face palm!!! I have given her nice vap pens i have offered to buy her a nicer vape setup, nope has concerns about vaping opposed to cigs. It's like looking at someone's forehead and seeing a flat line indicating no brain activity written across their forehead.
It's funny I literally was just writing on another post about the struggle I had trying to get my best friend to switch to vaping. I, like you had given her all of my easiest beginners set ups, & bought her numerous kits, only to find her back smoking the next day.
Only when she found out she was having surgery did she go out & buy the Juul system. I was completely skeptical, as it's so tiny, & thought it wouldn't be enough to get her to quit. I was happily surprised to see that it WAS enough, & it's now been almost a year since she switched.
I tried her Juul, which she has nicknamed her, "kazoo", & it actually does deliver amazingly well. It's such an easy device & she doesn't have to screw around with bottles of ejuice, or multiple parts that need to be taken apart, cleaned, coils, etc. She absolutely loves it, & I love that she's quit smoking! She's happier, healthier, & her finances have greatly improved since transitioning.
I wish your daughter good luck staying away from smoking. It must be hard for you to sit back & watch her struggling. I'm not a doctor & can't sit back & say vaping is healthy for her & the baby. But, I can say smoking is extremely dangerous. I have a friend who's Mom smoked during her pregnancy & she had to have open heart surgery as a child due to a heart valve issue, directly affected by her Moms smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread