Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
In moderation, even vaping straight PG won't have any type of long lasting effects on a cat. Make sure that you don't send vapor over towards the cat, have some good ventilation in the room, and just generally use some common sense. The effects of PG on your cat's blood are pretty quickly taken care of by his or her spleen, so long as you don't overload the little guy with vapor. Don't lock yourself in a closet with your cat and chain vape max PG until you hotbox your feline.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I know there are a few threads around here re: vaping around your pets, but I was just seeing if I could get any new viewpoints...
First time I used my apv around my cat, she seemed a little off-put; she got as far away from me across the room as she could and stared at me very crossly for about twenty minutes. Now she's curled up next to me, and I can't really tell whether she minds or not. Obviously I'm very concerned with not letting her get into liquids or anything that has liquid on it, but I just wanted some thoughts on the matter. Anyone vape around their pets/what are their reactions/would you consider it safe for them...? She seems a lot more okay with it than she was with smoke, which she was (understandably) very very averse to.

Anyways, long rambling rant from a vaguely concerned cat owner.

PG is dangerous for cats to consume -- eat or drink. The small amount in exhaled vapor is probably not really harmful for them, if you don't shotgun it to them or blow it in their face.

I vape in the house, which we share with our cat. I try to not blow my vapor down to the floor, where she's wandering around.

Cats do hate smoke, or even the cigarette smell -- mine would permit me to pet her with my left hand ONLY -- once when I tried to pet her with my right hand, when I was still a smoker, she bit me. :D

Andria

Fordzuki

Apr 19, 2015
The cat's eyes weep, but he's not too affected...:facepalm:
I guess I should clarify that. The cat's eyes weeping is absolutely an effect of vaping without adequate ventilation in the house, but aside from the eyes, it doesn't seem to effect any other aspect of his health. Smoking cigarettes around a cat will make the cat's eyes weep black, whereas with vaping it seems to be more just teary eyes. Obviously it's every pet owners own decision on whether to smoke/vape/breathe around their pets, I was just stating that weepy eyes are the only effect I have personally seen from my pet and I try to take precautions not to make that happen.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
A long time ago (1 month) When i would lit up an analog the cats would run away.

Now when i vape they remain on my lap, so my guess is they find it less horrible then smoke. I did once out of testing purposes blew a cloud in my cats face and he didn't run away. It's more the visual part of the vape that they are not 100% comfortable with. I think it's because of the association with smoke, which they have been more exposed to then a cloud of vape. They are getting more used to it that it's vape instead of smoke and thus are more relaxed when i vape.

ps. i also read somewhere else that pg is not very good for cats, so i won't blow any clouds in their faces. It was just a one time test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread