• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How Important Are Pets To Your Health?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
yeah my boy's 10-15 lbs overweight, but with all the heat here he lacks the energy to play; and he doesn't run around at the dog park, he patrols and paces smelling everything and then makes the rounds for free loves from all the peoples.

Why is it when you want them to play and burn off energy all they want is the free loves?!? I swear she turns into a little ham just so all the people start ooohing and aaaahhhing and giving up the pets. Like our furry ones don't get enough at home. :p

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
You can go on-line..what am I saying! You ARE on-line and look up homemade dog treats. They are healthy with NO junk in them to fatten greedy little (or big) tummies...dogs are crazy for them! Just for fun pick up dog bone shaped cookie cutters. My grands used to use them to make dog bone shaped real cookies just to freak out their mom!
One caution..make small amounts, They don't have perservatives and go bad!
Another treat used to teach dogs tricks is round sliced carrots! Kiki the Akita hated peas and wouldn't eat them even when buried in a bowl of food. You would find them at the bottom of a licked clean bowl or lined up on one side of it. But he adored carrots and watermelon!

Kelly79

Jul 7, 2009
Alaska
Why is it when you want them to play and burn off energy all they want is the free loves?!? I swear she turns into a little ham just so all the people start ooohing and aaaahhhing and giving up the pets. Like our furry ones don't get enough at home. :p

You can go on-line..what am I saying! You ARE on-line and look up homemade dog treats. They are healthy with NO junk in them to fatten greedy little (or big) tummies...dogs are crazy for them! Just for fun pick up dog bone shaped cookie cutters. My grands used to use them to make dog bone shaped real cookies just to freak out their mom!
One caution..make small amounts, They don't have perservatives and go bad!
Another treat used to teach dogs tricks is round sliced carrots! Kiki the Akita hated peas and wouldn't eat them even when buried in a bowl of food. You would find them at the bottom of a licked clean bowl or lined up on one side of it. But he adored carrots and watermelon!

shiva yep that's my boy too, it's amazing considering most people are scared of rotties, but since he dosen't have prominent face markings, he catches them off guard with those big brown eyes that just scream LOVE ME and they can't help themselves.

My big baby hates peas too but loves carrots and watermelon and well lots of other things that are strange for dogs. I used to make him home made healthy treats, no time anymore unfortunatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread