• I've lost weight

• I've maintained my weight

• I am eating more

• I am eating less

• I have not changed my eating habits

• I am exercising more

• I am excercising less

• I haven't changed my exercise habits

• I have been strictly vaping for 3-6 mos.

• I have been strictly vaping for 6-12 mos.

• I have been strictly vaping for 1-2 years

• I have been strictly vaping for 2 years or more

• I use mainly use 12-36 mg nicotine

• I use mainly use 0-10 mg nicotine

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelseafn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Michigan
I cant say yet. Havent made it to 3 months yet. But very close. Ive gained wieght but thats because I lost my job and dont do anything anymore. LOL!! But its hard for me. I have 7 screws and a steel plate in my left ankle so it makes it pretty hard to even walk somedays. I need to get out and walk more. I do however crave more sweet things now than I did when I smoked. My downfall is chocolate covered peanuts!!! Cant seem to get enough. I do have some chocolate flavors but it doesnt do the trick. I need the real thing!!! I dont plan on quitting vaping. I smoked for about 38 years and Im glad to be off the analogs!!! Do they make diet juice yet????? LMAO!!!!!

Greetings!, nice to see another Oregon Vaper out there, I am a maintainer so far. Eating same, excersisng more, same weight. Been vaping for 7 months, quit on feb. 7 2010 and never looked back. I never thought that putting down an almost 2 PAD habit would have been as it was with Vaping. There was definately some ugly detox things that happened as well as the beginnings (and continuation yay!) of the healing process of the lungs, All in all a great and my chosen Tobacco alternative.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I have been smoke free and vaping for 16 months. I have maintained my weight and my energy level has increased as I can breathe so much better.
Every time I quit smoking in the past I always gained weight so... I am thrilled.

This is great news!

I think if I stopped smoking and didnt vape I would want to be eating all the time, but thats not the case while vaping. Ive maintained my weight with no change in eating habits.

But I just got a REALLY good bottle of juice in the mail so I may stop eating all together now...j/k although I do hear about how some people feeling a bit less like running for something sweet if they have a great vape.

So far that is what I've been experiencing...why eat when you can vape? :D

I cant say yet. Havent made it to 3 months yet. But very close. Ive gained wieght but thats because I lost my job and dont do anything anymore. LOL!! But its hard for me. I have 7 screws and a steel plate in my left ankle so it makes it pretty hard to even walk somedays. I need to get out and walk more. I do however crave more sweet things now than I did when I smoked. My downfall is chocolate covered peanuts!!! Cant seem to get enough. I do have some chocolate flavors but it doesnt do the trick. I need the real thing!!! I dont plan on quitting vaping. I smoked for about 38 years and Im glad to be off the analogs!!! Do they make diet juice yet????? LMAO!!!!!

OUCH! Sounds like you had a baaaad accident, sorry to hear that....
Doesn't any of the juice vendors make a chocolate covered peanut juice? If not...maybe you could request it from one of them. As far as diet juice??? They all are, lol!

Greetings!, nice to see another Oregon Vaper out there, I am a maintainer so far. Eating same, excersisng more, same weight. Been vaping for 7 months, quit on feb. 7 2010 and never looked back. I never thought that putting down an almost 2 PAD habit would have been as it was with Vaping. There was definately some ugly detox things that happened as well as the beginnings (and continuation yay!) of the healing process of the lungs, All in all a great and my chosen Tobacco alternative.

Hello fellow Oregonian...yep another convert in Oregon, but if the political propaganda and false leading news reports continue, we will be few and far between...slowly feed the masses false information and our rights are removed one by agonizing one.
It's great news to see all the maintainers here...looks like weight gain is in the minority, yay!
Do tell on the ugly detox things...care to share?

OldCoot

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Possum Kingdom, S.C.
Well, being retired, old, grumpy and satisfied, my doctor has taken about everything i enjoy away,,first it was my girlfriend , Little Debbie, then Pepsi,,all sweets, and finally Cigarettes,,lol, he missed my Coffee, and the
Wife..since i quit cigs i have gained 14lbs. in past 3 months..not bad i suppose, just a bigger arm full of Teddy Bear

Jacinda222

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2010
Salt Lake, Utah
I've only been vaping for a couple of weeks, so I didn't vote, but I wanted to comment because this has been a BIG issue for me.

I lost about 60 pounds five years ago (by eating more nutritiously and adding exercise into my daily routine) after being obese through much of my childhood and adult life.

Smoking had been the one thing that I couldn't let go of. I started about 13 years ago. I had tried quitting several times in the past few years (I've never been a heavy smoker, usually averaged 1/3 to 1/2 a pack a day) but every time I tried to quit I would start gaining weight back. I have something of a compulsive eating problem which I have learned to keep in check, but when I quit smoking I couldn't seem to keep the self control and my weight would start climbing.

Anyway, about eight months ago I tried quitting again, and started gaining weight as usual. I told myself this time that I wouldn't go back to smoking no matter what, but after six months I had gained about 15 pounds and I started freaking out, and started smoking again. Doh!

But then a couple of friends of mine started vaping, and introduced me to the wonders of it all! I have been smoke-free for a couple of weeks now, and have been back on track with my nutrition plan and have lost a few of the pounds I gained. Yay!

I am optimistic that this may be the solution to a life long problem!

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I was 260 lbs on January 1, 2010, when I started vaping 100%

A little over 8 months later, I'm down to 185lbs and training for my first triathlon!

Wow...I'm impressed...way to go and good luck on the triathlon!

I've only been vaping for a couple of weeks, so I didn't vote, but I wanted to comment because this has been a BIG issue for me.

I lost about 60 pounds five years ago (by eating more nutritiously and adding exercise into my daily routine) after being obese through much of my childhood and adult life.

Smoking had been the one thing that I couldn't let go of. I started about 13 years ago. I had tried quitting several times in the past few years (I've never been a heavy smoker, usually averaged 1/3 to 1/2 a pack a day) but every time I tried to quit I would start gaining weight back. I have something of a compulsive eating problem which I have learned to keep in check, but when I quit smoking I couldn't seem to keep the self control and my weight would start climbing.

Anyway, about eight months ago I tried quitting again, and started gaining weight as usual. I told myself this time that I wouldn't go back to smoking no matter what, but after six months I had gained about 15 pounds and I started freaking out, and started smoking again. Doh!

But then a couple of friends of mine started vaping, and introduced me to the wonders of it all! I have been smoke-free for a couple of weeks now, and have been back on track with my nutrition plan and have lost a few of the pounds I gained. Yay!

I am optimistic that this may be the solution to a life long problem!

Glad to hear you are losing the extra pounds, that's got to be so encouraging :).

BCB

ECF Veteran
The last time I quit smoking I gained about 40 pounds. Did nothing but shove food in my face 24/7, compulsively. With vaping, I've actually lost a few pounds. Seems like since I prefer dessert vapes (coconut cream pie, blueberry cobbler, etc.) I don't need to actually EAT the dessert. I vape instead of eating.

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
south Jersey-in the woods
Food tastes sooo good.

Yes it does. Put me down for gain, about 20 lbs. Time to get to work on that.

There is a weirdo online diet that you can buy for 30 bucks or so that I had signed up for a couple of years ago and stayed on for four months. I went from 300 to 268 lbs in that time. They claim 7-9 lbs a week.
My results were 9 the first week as always, then 6 or 7 after that.
I was more active then as well.
The diet was called dieting for dummies. I don't sell it or promote it,and I can tell you that it costs money to even get a menu for it.
It is really hard to stay on, but I do know it works from personal experience.
High protein, very few carbs, lots of water.:2c:

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Ive lost 15 pounds since I started vaping. (15 pesky pounds that I gained several years back during my last quit) Part of it is the had mouth thing, and the other is I feel so much better I'm no longer afraid of dying when I work out. It's also given me a new healthy lease on life. After so many years I now feel empowered and very much in control of my body. I now eat very healthy and exercise regulary. It's a win win. :)

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
i worked out while i smoked, and actually work for a bodybuilding supplements company as a second job....it's only been two weeks but haven't added or lost weight, which i'm ok with since i'm trying to lose fat and maintain muscle right now....if your activity level is good and your weight training on a regular basis, the added food you may eat from not smoking won't hurt too much and may turn to muscle, you need calories for muscle gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread