Vaping and Addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodoman1916

Verified Member
Mar 25, 2014
saint louis
I just wanted to throw out a few thoughts as to why vaping is so affective in combating the addiction to analogs.

I truly believe that the addiction to analogs isn't just about nicotine... it is multi-tiered. Nicotine, as we know all too well, is very much addictive. It's not the best thing in the world for you, but it's not the worst either, and it certainly keeps you coming back for more. Much in the way caffeine does.

However, analog addiction goes well beyond that. Inherent lies the reason that nicotine patches, gums, and creams fail so miserably. The "ritual" of smoking is a huge factor in this. The allure of which we all become so easily addicted to it. The definition is a little different for everyone, but it falls in the realm of the "morning smoke", or the "start your car and light up" habit. Beer in one hand, cigarette in the other? Anyone heard of that one? There are many more, as I'm sure you all can relate.

Sure go ahead and put a patch on me, or give me a bit of gum, but what the heck am I supposed to do now? Honestly, I'd rather put the gum, in the patch, rolled it up, and smoke it.

The last one is a bit abstract, but often forgotten is the "throat hit". Make no mistake about it. It is something that a vast majority of serious smokers tend to enjoy. Now I might be going out on a limb here, but enjoy something 100 times a day, and Id dare to say that one might be addicted. This odd sort of addiction happens in so many different things. For instance, hot sauce addicts are helplessly addicted to "the burn". A feeling that actually inflicts pain, of which I am a card carrying member. Its there and its very real.

In closing, the reason that vaping is so devastatingly effective at allowing people to break the chains of addiction is that it addresses every facet with one simple affordable device. You get the jolt from the nicotine, you get the throat hit, and you get the ritual, all of which you can tailor exactly to your liking. There is no other product on the market that comes even close.....

If the FDA wanted to do something right by the people all they have to do is open their eyes.... and see the possibilities. Do their job....Protect us, nurture us, and replace the murderous industry they are protecting with one that can potentially save millions of lives. Of course, that would be "in a prefect world scenario", and I know, all too well, that this isn't the place.

Last edited:

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
I absolutely agree with you. I recently told my hubby more or less the same things, about why vaping is so amazingly successful for me, a 40+ year heavy smoker. I haven't smoked since the day I started vaping, because it ticks all the right boxes.

I told him, I can't imagine myself saying, "Well, I think I'll put on my patch and take a little break and have a nice cup of coffee.":D

Vaping has it all for me, the nicotine requirement, the hand to mouth thing, the exhale and watch the smoke thing.

As far as the quick jolt of nicotine from a cigarette, I think I smoked so long and so mindlessly that I never noticed a jolt, or anything pleasant, really. It was just what I did, every day and night.

mcgatson

Nov 21, 2012
Taylors, SC
Totally agree. I have tried patches and gum plenty of times and after a week I would be buying a pack of smokes. I had no faith in vaping, however I tried it a year and a half ago and haven't touched a cig since. It gives me everything I need, nicotine, throat hit, vapor I feel like I'm smoking without all the crap that comes with smoking. I couldn't have quit without an e cig, they're a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread