Not open for further replies.

GrayMatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2010
California
Hi All!

...Sorry for the long post...

I just got back to California from a 2-week trip to London and Paris and I wanted to share my vaping experiences. For anyone who has not been to Europe, it's an interesting experience to walk around and see (and smell) almost EVERYONE smoking!

I carry an eGo with LiquidXpress cartos. I vaped everywhere from LAX to the plane to the subways. I was not blowing huge clouds of vapor but I was not completely hiding it either.

First stop... Paris. vaping around town and in cafe's, no one seems to even notice. Next, on to the Metro. I get some looks but no one says anything on the subway. A week goes by and it's all good. We go to Gare du Nord to take the train to London. I get stopped by the police there and they ask me a bunch of questions about it, make me take it apart and describe each piece in detail (even after sending it through x-ray for inspection). After demonstrating it a few times blowing various amounts of vapor, I'm on my way and they left me alone after that. Maybe I have converted a few of them. =)

We get to London and it's pretty much the same. vaping in pubs, stores, and museums without anyone even questioning me. We walk into the London Underground to take the tube to the other side of town. I walk by a few London police and expect them to give me the same 20-questions I got in Paris, but they just watched and left me alone.

The only place I was asked not to vape in was the Absolute Icebar in London even after explaining to the bartender what it was and that I have been vaping everywhere including the airplane and their warm bar without any questions. If you have not heard about this place, check out belowzerolondon[dot]com. It is a very unique experience and I highly recommend it for anyone that is going to be around London.

So to sum it up, not being able to vape for 40 minutes out of the entire 2 weeks, is pretty good. Again, sorry for the long post, but I wanted to share my vaping experiences.

Cheers!
GrayMatter

Reactions: Jack Robin

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Sounds like you had a good time! I used to live in Germany and it seemed like EVERYONE smoked. There was even cigarette machines on the street corners. I really do miss the public transportation system and the way that they went out almost every night and hung out at an outdoor cafe or pub in the summer. We don't have that around here.

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
anywhere my broomstick takes me
Hi All!

...Sorry for the long post...

I just got back to California from a 2-week trip to London and Paris and I wanted to share my vaping experiences. For anyone who has not been to Europe, it's an interesting experience to walk around and see (and smell) almost EVERYONE smoking!

I carry an eGo with LiquidXpress cartos. I vaped everywhere from LAX to the plane to the subways. I was not blowing huge clouds of vapor but I was not completely hiding it either.

First stop... Paris. Vaping around town and in cafe's, no one seems to even notice. Next, on to the Metro. I get some looks but no one says anything on the subway. A week goes by and it's all good. We go to Gare du Nord to take the train to London. I get stopped by the police there and they ask me a bunch of questions about it, make me take it apart and describe each piece in detail (even after sending it through x-ray for inspection). After demonstrating it a few times blowing various amounts of vapor, I'm on my way and they left me alone after that. Maybe I have converted a few of them. =)

We get to London and it's pretty much the same. Vaping in pubs, stores, and museums without anyone even questioning me. We walk into the London Underground to take the tube to the other side of town. I walk by a few London police and expect them to give me the same 20-questions I got in Paris, but they just watched and left me alone.

The only place I was asked not to vape in was the Absolute Icebar in London even after explaining to the bartender what it was and that I have been vaping everywhere including the airplane and their warm bar without any questions. If you have not heard about this place, check out belowzerolondon[dot]com. It is a very unique experience and I highly recommend it for anyone that is going to be around London.

So to sum it up, not being able to vape for 40 minutes out of the entire 2 weeks, is pretty good. Again, sorry for the long post, but I wanted to share my vaping experiences.

Cheers!
GrayMatter

ahhhhhh yes, paris...I went dec of 09..

it seemed that everyone in paris smoked..jmo

I vaped the entire time while i was in paris...

no one said a thing to me...

eta, the smell of ciggy smoke made me sick to my tummy while in paris lol

GrayMatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2010
California
One thing I forgot to mention in my post was that during my first day at a cafe in Paris, I had my MacBook, my digital camera, my eGo, and a pack of cartos sitting on the table. I turned to talk to the people sitting behind me and when I turned back someone had walked off with my eGo and the cartos! Guess they needed a fix more than me. LOL.

It was great to see that Europe is a pretty vapor-friendly place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread