Vape gear and Airport security

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Depends where you are going. I've gotten the secondary screening at AMS and PRG. They knew what my gear was, but they also knew what others are using it for. I put all the liquids in the quart bag, and don't take filled tanks. Everything else is in a plastic box, which I take out and put in the bin to get scanned. My backup gear, which goes in my checked bag also goes in aplastic box and on top of the bag for easy access. I did get the TSA note last trip saying they searched my bag.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I haven't been on an airplane for 25 years, but I would expect that airports are pretty used to vape gear. It may not be exactly mainstream, but it's certainly popular enough that they are bound to have a whole bunch of people, every day, who bring some version of an e-cig or vaping gear.

If it were me, I'd pack my Provari, extra batteries, extra juice, and misc stuff like that into checked baggage, and I'd carry a Vision Spinner and a Protank full of juice. That should get me to wherever I can get my regular baggage back out, and if they did unexpectedly refuse to allow my Spinner onboard, it's easier to deal with than the Provari. But I'd be shocked if they didn't let you take it on the plane. That doesn't mean they'll say it's Okay to vape on the plane. Totally different discussion.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I tell them before I go through security and put the gear in the bin, that I have batteries and electronic cigarettes. The best thing to do is put everything in 1 container. I made the mistake once of having all my gear, chargers, wires... in pockets and compartments in my carry on, and had to take everything out because random wires and chargers look funny on x-ray...

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
There is a sub-forum about that topic, I'd recommend checking there.

Travel and E-Cig[/QUOTE
help
Thanks Baldr, shows how much I know:laugh: and thanks for all the replies, I knew you guys/gals could help me out. This is why I love ECF, info, info, and more info if thats not enough! I dont like suprises at security so rock on people, and vape on too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread